MAFEX (Medicom) 6inch Batman TDKR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good pic. Honestly I'd rather go Mafex than sfiguarts those day.

Tom Hardy is shorter than Bale. So Bane size is correct.

I'm amped for the incoming 3.0 TDK/R batman; I had a new 2.0 and decided to play around with it, and the only issue I had was the neck ball joint broke, but I just put a bit of hot glue gun to hold the head in place.

I wanted to try posing it on the 1/4 Batman base to try to recreate a scene from TDK.

WgqArSX.jpg

AyljgWz.jpg

Poor Rachel.

Looks cool. I always wanted to try and do the same thing especially when Two Face comes out and we get his coin.

So earlier this week I mentioned in passing to my wife a that Amazon had a pretty great price (about $47) for the Mafex Batman Begins figure. I got home from work today and guess what she had sitting on the dresser? :panic: :yess:

I only just had time to open him up, inspect him, and put him back. But DANG! This is a flipping *fantastic* figure! The joints are solid, well engineered, and move wonderfully. The materials and finishes are all superb. This guy rivals Mafex Boba Fett (either version) as one of the nicest action figures I’ve ever owned.

I will say this guy stands out as the *least* fragile feeling of all my mafex figures. I’ve not had too many concerns of breakage with the Mafex figures I’ve bought, but they all have some degree of “delicateness” to them. Which, as “high-end” 1/12 figures, has never bothered me. But you definitely have to use a moderate level of caution when handling them. But this guy feels much sturdier. I still wouldn’t hand him to my 4 year old, but I also wouldn’t call him delicate, per se. The ONLY issue I had with him out of the box was I needed to re-futz the way one of the cape wires came out of the attachment point over the shoulder. But it was SUPER easy to do thanks to the magnetic chest piece! I took his head off, pulled off the chest (which the cape is attached to), gently reposed the wire so that it came over the shoulder at the right angle, and put it all back together!

Very happy to have him! Now I’ve got what is, IMO, the best action figure of each of my favorite portrayals of Batman (NECA 1/4 ‘89, Mafex BvS battfleck, and now Mafex Batman Begins). It is so very satisfying!

And holy crap, I just went to remove the figure from my amazon wishlist and they dropped the price again! He’s only $45! Seriously, if you have any interest in this guy, go grab him now! He’s a total homerun!

I had the complete opposite experience with my Mafex BB from Amazon. Maybe I got a lemon, but after I returned him I haven't bothered to try again.

So earlier this week I mentioned in passing to my wife a that Amazon had a pretty great price (about $47) for the Mafex Batman Begins figure. I got home from work today and guess what she had sitting on the dresser? :panic: :yess:

I only just had time to open him up, inspect him, and put him back. But DANG! This is a flipping *fantastic* figure! The joints are solid, well engineered, and move wonderfully. The materials and finishes are all superb. This guy rivals Mafex Boba Fett (either version) as one of the nicest action figures I’ve ever owned.

I will say this guy stands out as the *least* fragile feeling of all my mafex figures. I’ve not had too many concerns of breakage with the Mafex figures I’ve bought, but they all have some degree of “delicateness” to them. Which, as “high-end” 1/12 figures, has never bothered me. But you definitely have to use a moderate level of caution when handling them. But this guy feels much sturdier. I still wouldn’t hand him to my 4 year old, but I also wouldn’t call him delicate, per se. The ONLY issue I had with him out of the box was I needed to re-futz the way one of the cape wires came out of the attachment point over the shoulder. But it was SUPER easy to do thanks to the magnetic chest piece! I took his head off, pulled off the chest (which the cape is attached to), gently reposed the wire so that it came over the shoulder at the right angle, and put it all back together!

Very happy to have him! Now I’ve got what is, IMO, the best action figure of each of my favorite portrayals of Batman (NECA 1/4 ‘89, Mafex BvS battfleck, and now Mafex Batman Begins). It is so very satisfying!

And holy crap, I just went to remove the figure from my amazon wishlist and they dropped the price again! He’s only $45! Seriously, if you have any interest in this guy, go grab him now! He’s a total homerun!

Agreed! I quite like the Begins batsuit. Nice price on him too.

Couple more pics of mine:

I must report his right arm became kind of wobbly at the biceps swivel when I posed him with the EMP rifle. I'm a bit bummed. Otherwise, awesome figure.

Man that does look like a major upgrade from the previous one, glad they've included the sonar head as well.

Just waiting for it to be released domestically :impatient:

Can't help but share @D Amazing's stupendous photos of Bane

hjDXLrp.jpg

MTgdtig.jpg

tMRcx9X.jpg

fy4FKiw.jpg

(Looks like he was using the shf TDK Batman)

I always love D-Amazing's work, both pics and video reviews. The guy could make me buy figures I would have never considered otherwise. :lol

Here's my MAFEX lineup. The begins suit is a bootleg from AliExpress but not bad. Loose joints but 5 minutes with super glue and good to go.
20180702_204503-1.jpg
20180702_212726.jpg

How much did you spend on the bootleg? Wouldn't mind one for the demon Batman head and hands that comes with Scarecrow or possibly the first night out gear due with the Bruce Wayne figure.

Here's my MAFEX Collection so far.
IMG_20180703_154829709.jpg

Amazon has the BB for a hair under forty, and I couldn't pass that up and ordered two more. I actually like the cape and I can get him in the gliding pose with its arms raised horizontally. Although not film accurate, I'm gonna pose it next to the shf batpod.

Back