Medicom Evangelion Eva 01

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I love evangelion I really don't like the green strips on the new version of Eva 1. I would love it if they did an original variant of the figure, that would most likely be an instant buy from me.

Looks brilliant from the shots they've released, looking forward to see in-hand pics from others when it's out.

Man the more I see it the more I want it. I hope this goes up for discount prices after release. I will have to snag it. It is about time someone made a nice big Eva figure. I get tired of the small stuff.

Yeah it is about $216 or so before shipping at AmiAmi. Surprisingly affordable considering what it is. I really want to get it, but I wish we knew a little bit more about the materials they use. If it is similar to with Kamen Rider and such then I imagine it should last though obviously they designed it to be extremely posable unlike the Kamen Rider figures so I wonder what Medicom ended up doing to achieve that.

Well the bonus parts for those who preorder on time looks to be an AT Field accessory, which is a pretty huge accessory, and then a set of hands for the pose where it is grabbing at the AT Field. It's actually a pretty cool inclusion I suppose. Personally with something this huge I would really like to have the running pose assuming the figure can handle that for prolonged periods of time.

The price on amiami seems reasonable. Despite reports of Medicom's recent efforts being less flaky, past experiences did leave a bitter aftertaste, so I'm going to hold out and see what reviewers say about it.

If only there's a large scale Eva-01 statue (preferably in berserk mode or stylised), I'd so go for it!

The price on amiami seems reasonable. Despite reports of Medicom's recent efforts being less flaky, past experiences did leave a bitter aftertaste, so I'm going to hold out and see what reviewers say about it.

If only there's a large scale Eva-01 statue (preferably in berserk mode or stylised), I'd so go for it!

No matter which company released this figure, I would still suggest being a bit worried about it, more so if Hot Toys had done it rather than Medicom. This is definitely unfamiliar to all the 1/6 companies and I think Medicom will probably try to take this route if it works out for them as Bandai is one of the only major companies who do anime robot releases and since they tend to do expensive eight inch diecast stuff, this tall vinyl plastic style would be unique mostly to Medicom. With that being said it is hard to say how this might last.

For what it is worth Medicom has recently used various leather like materials on some of their figures as well as many jump suits. Their Project BM Kamen Rider figures seem to hold up nicely, but they are restrictive in articulation. Their Darker Than Black Hei figure uses a leather like material for his suit and I have had zero problems with it so far. It is also worth pointing out I frequently put him in extreme poses since I find that he is surprisingly flexible even with the outfit. Finally, they have a new Gantz lineup, but I hear that the suit restricts articulation quite a bit. I haven't heard anything about it tearing of breaking or anything though.

I say give Medicom a chance, but it is worth always waiting off and seeing how people think the figure is or how it will hold up regardless of who makes it. Of course this is not always needed, but sometimes problems can happen where you least expect it. For example, the ThreeA Rex figure I hope will be awesome, but I can imagine all sorts of issues that it might end up having, none of which are really apparent to us right now.

First look and impression of the box; corrugated print on semi gloss paper. I'm not sure if there is laminant or matte varnishing, hard to tell. There are no spot varnishing, so I would say straight-up 4-color...avoid scratch marks, water splashes, and oily fingers. The measurement size is 17" tall by 13" wide by 10" deep. Top of the box is the only opening flap. There is another box inside, housing the figure with see-through acetate.
medrah_eva01.jpg

I don't usually collect figures but I like my mechas to be a nice size and I don't think I'm going to resist a 1:6 EVA.

FYI for those who haven't seen it CollectionDX did an in-depth review of this piece. It looks freaking amazing.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlb4sOZhMpA&feature=share&list=LL-ygvdriIgABQGXstIpnBwQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlb4sOZhMpA&feature=share&list=LL-ygvdriIgABQGXstIpnBwQ[/ame]

i have had more than enough evangelion figs for my life time but wow... that looks really good! grats to those gettin it. thks for the vid review post. :)

and I don't think I'm going to resist a 1:6 EVA

well, technically a 1:6 EVA wouldn't really fit in your room :)

Maybe the japanese will build one, though. Would be better than a stinky giant gundam.

There will never be a properly scaled Eva figure.. because Gainax never stated their official height, it varies depending on the mood of the animators and what size will comply to a particular scene. Sometimes 40 meters, other time 80 meters, and at the very most of 200 meters :rotfl

Hi, to those who own this bad boy, is the middle part of the torso (the green one) supposed to be a bit loose? Mine is a bit loose. I wonder if it is a defect. :(

Hi, to those who own this bad boy, is the middle part of the torso (the green one) supposed to be a bit loose? Mine is a bit loose. I wonder if it is a defect. :(
:)

its not a defect its for greater range of articulation

Back