Medicom Evangelion Eva 01

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen the new movies.

When is the third one due out?

Supposedly at the end of this year but there is no clear date. Then it will be over a year till we get it here. Then there is also a 4th movie planned but that is likely 3 years away.

The two new films (1.1 and 2.2) are AMAZING!!! I actually just watched them last week on Blu-ray. They are a complete retelling/reimagining of the series.

You will feel stupid for not watching them sooner. :lecture

The original Evangelion is the greatest work of art of the 20th Century. :lecture

I am hesitant. So is my niece. She watched the whole shebang (censored the movie a bit) a few months ago and she's more reluctant to watch them than I am.

That may be shellshock, though. If The End of Evangelion wasn't too much to process, then the first 24 episodes probably were.

The movies feel sort of rushed don't you think?

I feel the faster pacing keeps it interesting. Unfortunately this effects the deeper impact that each angel has, but so far i love it.
I wonder what they are going to do with the next two movies since they have blown through quite a lot of the story by the 2nd one?

While i did love the original anime series i absolutely hated that acid trip it had for the last two episodes. Apparently it was the internal struggle he felt personally through out the true plot of the last two episodes which was later shown in "The end of Evangelion". I didn't like how philosophical it got in the end of that movie either.

The movies feel sort of rushed don't you think?

I def think it was sped up in the first movie but once you get to the second one you see why IMO. They got a lot out of the way and then started to veer to a new path. The end of the second movie i absolutely love. That scene when 01 awakens was just awesome.

While i did love the original anime series i absolutely hated that acid trip it had for the last two episodes. Apparently it was the internal struggle he felt personally through out the true plot of the last two episodes which was later shown in "The end of Evangelion". I didn't like how philosophical it got in the end of that movie either.

Wasn't "Death & Rebirth" more of an acid trip? :lol

I def think it was sped up in the first movie but once you get to the second one you see why IMO. They got a lot out of the way and then started to veer to a new path. The end of the second movie i absolutely love. That scene when 01 awakens was just awesome.

I need to actually sit down and watch the movie; giving my full attention to it; I'm not too keen on the character they introduced.

Being a huge fan of the original series and the final film the end of evangelion, I was surprised to see how let down I was by the remake film of the series in evangelion 1.1. I can't stress enough how much I didn't like that movie. It was almost the same exact thing as the show with some pieces taken out. was the second film any different or was it the same shot for shot with some scenes and episodes removed? I was expecting a revamped story, not just visuals.

I still think it's stupid they even have these movies. Just pointless cash ins on a franchise more than complete.

Being a huge fan of the original series and the final film the end of evangelion, I was surprised to see how let down I was by the remake film of the series in evangelion 1.1. I can't stress enough how much I didn't like that movie. It was almost the same exact thing as the show with some pieces taken out. was the second film any different or was it the same shot for shot with some scenes and episodes removed? I was expecting a revamped story, not just visuals.

The first movie was way more shot for shot then the second. The second takes the story on a new path with some familiar elements.

The first movie was way more shot for shot then the second. The second takes the story on a new path with some familiar elements.

hmmmm if that's so I might have to check it out. The first movie just seemed like a chopped up version of the series. If what you say is the case I might have to check it out.

hmmmm if that's so I might have to check it out. The first movie just seemed like a chopped up version of the series. If what you say is the case I might have to check it out.

I think the story is going in a more interesting direction now. The 2nd movie was soo awesome, i just hope they can keep up this momentum. Speaking of momentum, whats taking them god damn long with 3.0?? I also hate how it takes so long for them to release on Bluray (I prefer the english dub)

The good thing is we get more merchandise, i hope they make some 10 inch Eva figures. While i love the Robot Damashii figs theyre too small for me. Also this Medicom, while awesome, is too big for my tastes too.

2.22 has taken a very different path from NGE, and is moving towards a very different story. You'd need to check it out before making a judgement, otherwise you're really missing out. :exactly: The Blu-ray also has incredible audio.

Interesting to see how they're gonna take it to the next level in 3.0 and then Final, considering how 2.0's ending was already EoE level climatic. (though obviously not as crazy and effed up)

The 2.0 Blu-ray took forever to come out, and the Hong Kong edition is not region compatible with my country. I may succumb to a cam-rip for 3.0.

Yea definitely give it a shot, the first one is very much what you say it is but the second is just pure awesome. On bluray these are some of the most impressive animated movies i have seen.

I think the story is going in a more interesting direction now. The 2nd movie was soo awesome, i just hope they can keep up this momentum. Speaking of momentum, whats taking them god damn long with 3.0?? I also hate how it takes so long for them to release on Bluray (I prefer the english dub)

The good thing is we get more merchandise, i hope they make some 10 inch Eva figures. While i love the Robot Damashii figs theyre too small for me. Also this Medicom, while awesome, is too big for my tastes too.

Yea it does take them a while but they are all really nice quality. I would rather wait and get the best possible animation then have them rushed and it look mediocre.

The SPEC Eva figures are really nice i would recommend those. I have almost all of them, they are a nice size with a good amount of metal in them. But I totally agree i can't wait to see what new stuff we will be getting.

Announced for 24800yens, that's the full medicom price it will be cheaper at some store, for a release 01/2013.

50572c0938a3b89748c68fc3801d2.jpg

I did some quick match and I think it turns out to be something like $230 after a typical AmiAmi 25% off discount. Not too shabby.

Back