[Medicom] Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be waiting for the SS one. This looks good. But SS's will give me a heart attack! No, a ZAKK- well, this is just getting old now...

um.... BOOGIE CHEWIE TIME!
:chew :chew :chew

:chew The Welcome Wookiee! :chew

Welcome aboard Zakk. Good to see another Freak join us.

Mortar Conn said:
They do look nice. What did Scarlet charge you?

Brent72: Sorry, cleaned out my mailbox so you can PM me. I'm not looking to take on any custom projects, but if I can help you out, give you some tips, or set you up with a reputable customizer, that would be great.

While Scarlet's Marmit BF figs look great, I'm wondering what the price tag is. I don't own any Medicom figs so I can't speak for the articulation, but the arti on the BBI 3.5 and Dragon Neo bodies is pretty good (as good or better than SSC bodies). Much better than the stock Marmit body.

The Marmit helmet is maybe a 'tad' on the small size (I always thought his helmet looked TOO BIG in ROTJ), but I never really noticed it. It's just a great kit for a fairly reasonable price. I wish I had two Marmit Fetts. I don't even know what a Marmit BF is going for these days.

Mortar Conn, I don't want to reveal the price Scarlet charged me as the price may vary from time to time and person to person. Scarlet has sold a few on ebay and looking at those prices probably gives a fair estimate of what he charges. Of course, I am sure it isn't as expensive if someone provides their own Marmit Fett to be customized rather than having Scarlet hunt one down. One thing to consider is that the medicom body costs about $40 by itself. I think that adds tremondously to the price. Anyway, the Marmit Fett DOES look great before it is customized. Customization however, brings the figure into the stratosphere.

Mortar Conn said:
A so-so 10" Boba Fett for $200-- forget it.

Sideshow's will be better, and if you don't think so, find a Marmit Boba Fett kit on eBay. I have a custom Marmit Boba Fett and it TOTALLY blows this Medicom version away-- and I got it for $85.

130BFROTJstancePS.jpg

Sideshow, are you seeing this??:google

THere are rumors that along with the Medicom 12" boba fett figure, Medicom also has a Clone trooper of some sorts as well as a Black Hole Stormtrooper 12" figures! hopefully they release pics soon!

Heres a blackhole stormy kubrick that is yet to be released. To the left of the kubrick you can see the leg of the 12" medicom BHS figure. But seems that medicom is really keeping these two under wraps for now.

bhkub.jpg

JustinLuck said:
Sideshow, are you seeing this??:google

(Blushing), thanks Josh. It was a fun project and really not all that difficult. If you've ever built a plastic model, you can probably easily customize a Marmit (or any other figure).

Yeah I think Marmit has set the bar pretty high for the Sideshow 12" Boba Fett. I think they can reach or exceed it though (praying).

I don't mean to bash on Medicom, they sound like fine figures with awesome articulation. I just think if you can get something as good for a lot less deniro, then all the more power to you. Perhaps Medicom's 12" SW figs will keep that bar high for what Sideshow does and in the long run result in better SW figures from them.

Sideshow and Marmit are more in my price range than Medicom.

I'm ecstatic that Medicom will go on making SW (almost) 12" figures. The quality of their figures is awesome, and competition is the best way to have companiesimprove their game.
I wouldn't be surprised if Medicom started lowering their prices a bit. And I'd be pleasantly surprised if SST started improving on their figures.

Hi guys, I was surprised to find out that my customs made it way here. Thanks for the kind words. Here are some pics.

SWT.jpg

Boba1.jpg

boba3.jpg

boba7.jpg

boba14.jpg

boba20.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

flyfett3.jpg

Thanks DarthRamuk.
Both Fetts you see in kinda my first customs and I'm happy how it turned out to be as I dindt have much experience back then. Just too bad I didnt keep them as they're for Auction. Made a few fetts so far for RS and ebay Members and glad they like their pieces.

Thanks again guys. Esp you Theogriz. I think it's you right?

I'll let it go when Hasbro comes out with a Jabba Sail Barge with Boba Fett paint scrapes on the side.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :monkey5

Back