[Medicom] Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it just me or does he not that much better than the last Hasbro 12" VOTC Fett?

I have no doubt SS will own it.

EVILFACE said:
Is it just me or does he not that much better than the last Hasbro 12" VOTC Fett?

I think it's just you because that blows Hasbro's version out of the water.

Well, if i can have 3 different Superman returns in varying 1/6 scale, I guess 3 different Bobas in different sizes can't hurt.

Brent72, another pro-medicom has invade this forum??Gotta say,that Fett looks real good.Except, as always, it will measure 11''....

EVILFACE said:

I have no doubt SS will own it.
That was my first thought when I looked at the pic. The helmet is better proportioned, but other than that it doesn't look drastically different to me.

Brent72 said:
I think it's just you because that blows Hasbro's version out of the water.

Right cause it's been 100% confirmed this is a Medicom and not a custom.

Still think it doesnt blow the Hasblo version away. But a $150 figure sure as hell better be better than a $20 one.

I was too lazy to take a new photo, but here's my VOTC Fett. I think it's pretty good for the price.

Shaihulud said:
Brent72, another pro-medicom has invade this forum??Gotta say,that Fett looks real good.Except, as always, it will measure 11''....

...and cost 3 times more than SSC, still looks good though.

A so-so 10" Boba Fett for $200-- forget it.

Sideshow's will be better, and if you don't think so, find a Marmit Boba Fett kit on eBay. I have a custom Marmit Boba Fett and it TOTALLY blows this Medicom version away-- and I got it for $85.

130BFROTJstancePS.jpg

Last edited:
It's difficult to tell if the Marmit would blow away this Medicom - we've only seen on pic. (THANKS FOR THE PIC QQB!)

But I do like that some of the stuff that is molded on the Marmit is soft on the Medicom.

Mortar Conn,

Did you customize that Fett yourself or did someone else do it? If you could, please let me know as I would like to have something like this done to my Marmit Fett.

Last edited:
Brent72 said:
Mortar Conn,

Did you customize that Fett yourself or did someone else do it? If you could, please let me know as I would like to have something like this done to my Marmit Fett.

Yeah, I did it myself with Testors Model Master acrylics and oils. Did a little bit of weathering (weapons, the cape and helmet) and replaced the Marmit body with a Dragon body. It's one of my all-time favorite 12" figs.

He wasn't too difficult to customize and make him look great. I hope the SSC Boba Fett is as good or better than the Marmit. This one's tough to beat. I for one was very sad when Marmit stopped doing 12" Star Wars ... until SSC picked up the license. Don't really have any interest in Medicom figs.

PM me if you have any more questions, Brent72. I'd love to help out.

Mortar Conn said:
Yeah, I did it myself with Testors Model Master acrylics and oils. Did a little bit of weathering (weapons, the cape and helmet) and replaced the Marmit body with a Dragon body. It's one of my all-time favorite 12" figs.

He wasn't too difficult to customize and make him look great. I hope the SSC Boba Fett is as good or better than the Marmit. This one's tough to beat. I for one was very sad when Marmit stopped doing 12" Star Wars ... until SSC picked up the license. Don't really have any interest in Medicom figs.

PM me if you have any more questions, Brent72. I'd love to help out.

I tried sending you a PM earlier and it said your mailbox was full. Let me know when it's emptied out and I'll send you a message with some of my questions. Thanks! :cool:

Hey Brent, if you REALLY want the coolest looking custom Marmit Fett then take a look at this:

IMG_1309.jpg

These were done by Scarlet on the Rebelscum boards. Not only did he improve the paint job but he also fitted the jumpsuit and armor on a Medicom body. The poseability is much better now and it looks much more like a guy in a suit rather than a doll. Also, because the Medicom body is smaller, the helmet is more accurately proportioned to the body (it is too small on the Marmit body). Scarlet made one for me and it may be the nicest figure in my collection which includes some really nice Medicom figures. Anyway, if you really want the nicest Boba then I suggest contacting him. He is very friendly and I am sure he will be willing to help.

Last edited:
Zeiss,

I've seen Scarlet's thread over at Rebelscum and also saw one of his cutom Fett figures(I think it was the ROTJ version) go for a TON of money on eBay. Honestly, though, based on the pictures I think I'd have to give the edge to Mortar Comm's custom. I like the paint app on his helmet better than Scarlet's ESB version. The ROTJ verison is another story, however, as it looks fantastic. Which one do you have?

I have the ESB version. It required less customization and was thus cheaper. The paint job on Mortar Comm's custom is pretty amazing. However, I have always been satisfied with Marmit's paintjob, for the most part. What I was really displeased with was that the helmet always looked way to small on the Marmit figure. To me, this really took away from what was an excellent figure. Also, after owning some Medicom figures I have become spoiled with their natural looking poses. I wanted Fett to be poseable in a similar fasion.

zeiss said:
Hey Brent, if you REALLY want the coolest looking custom Marmit Fett then take a look at this:

IMG_1309.jpg

These were done by Scarlet on the Rebelscum boards. Not only did he improve the paint job but he also fitted the jumpsuit and armor on a Medicom body. The poseability is much better now and it looks much more like a guy in a suit rather than a doll. Also, because the Medicom body is smaller, the helmet is more accurately proportioned to the body (it is too small on the Marmit body). Scarlet made one for me and it may be the nicest figure in my collection which includes some really nice Medicom figures. Anyway, if you really want the nicest Boba then I suggest contacting him. He is very friendly and I am sure he will be willing to help.

They do look nice. What did Scarlet charge you?

Brent72: Sorry, cleaned out my mailbox so you can PM me. I'm not looking to take on any custom projects, but if I can help you out, give you some tips, or set you up with a reputable customizer, that would be great.

While Scarlet's Marmit BF figs look great, I'm wondering what the price tag is. I don't own any Medicom figs so I can't speak for the articulation, but the arti on the BBI 3.5 and Dragon Neo bodies is pretty good (as good or better than SSC bodies). Much better than the stock Marmit body.

The Marmit helmet is maybe a 'tad' on the small size (I always thought his helmet looked TOO BIG in ROTJ), but I never really noticed it. It's just a great kit for a fairly reasonable price. I wish I had two Marmit Fetts. I don't even know what a Marmit BF is going for these days.

Last edited:
Back