Medicom Anakin Skywalker ROTS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Anakin ep3

thanks for the info. I am new and just started collecting 12'' figs. I've picked up a few HT figures but wanted a small 2-3 fig star wars section. From what I've seen, the options for Ani are this Medi one and the cheaper, Sideshow one (but his head looks a little big imo).

I'm also trying to figure out if there is a alternate cloak we can use for this Medi Anikin, any ideas?

thanks for the info. I am new and just started collecting 12'' figs. I've picked up a few HT figures but wanted a small 2-3 fig star wars section. From what I've seen, the options for Ani are this Medi one and the cheaper, Sideshow one (but his head looks a little big imo).

I'm also trying to figure out if there is a alternate cloak we can use for this Medi Anikin, any ideas?

How much do you care about proportions within themes?

How much do you care about proportions within themes?

Not to much, I don't know the series well enough. I've watched the main movies but don't know anything about the animation series, or various novels. By proportions do you mean actual figure dimensions or like staying through to the background / storyline?

I just thought the cloak that comes with the Medi Anakin isn't as stylish as I would like. Then again, I haven't bought this figure yet, waiting to envision what the set would look like. As a non hardcore starwars fan I think I just need maybe 2-3 figures that look good together.

I have a similar arrangement with three Medi figures that include: (ROTS) Vader, Anakin and Maul.

I have both SS and Medi Anakin. Medicom (RAH) figures have problems regards to scale, price and style and if you can bypass those items Medi Anakin is far superior IMO. I was able to get a great deal otherwise, I would have waited myself.

Regarding the jedi robe, I have no problem with Medicom's. It work's perfectly for the pose I selected.

I have a similar arrangement with three Medi figures that include: (ROTS) Vader, Anakin and Maul.

I have both SS and Medi Anakin. Medicom (RAH) figures have problems regards to scale, price and style and if you can bypass those items Medi Anakin is far superior IMO. I was able to get a great deal otherwise, I would have waited myself.

Regarding the jedi robe, I have no problem with Medicom's. It work's perfectly for the pose I selected.

Nice, I was thinking of those 3 as well. However, I heard the SS Vader was much better? Maybe because of the scale issues you mentioned? Would the Medi Anakin look strange with the SS Vader?

Nice, I was thinking of those 3 as well. However, I heard the SS Vader was much better? Maybe because of the scale issues you mentioned? Would the Medi Anakin look strange with the SS Vader?

Yes, Medicom's scale issues make them (generally) difficult to mix in with other figures. Naturally, it is a matter of preference.

I don't pose SS Vader and Medi Anakin together because the scale difference is REALLY (REALLY) noticable in terms of both height and mass (thickness). I display my Medi's together and their scale isn't a problem.

Medicom's scale issues also plague their own figures. While the stormtroopers and the Fetts look great with both Vaders as they're shorter, the Clone Troopers, Han and Anakin are all just as tall as both Vaders. So displaying ROTS Vader with the 501st will look extremely odd as the clones are taller. The stylized issue, sculpts have a passive likeness to their subjects, is something you should already expect going in. The price is also to be expected as these are the most expensive figures being released and don't really come with much in the way of accessories. The only other issue is fragility. While some have had no issues with the bodies, the older figures have broken for most and at some point, needed replacing.

With the exception of Medi's Clone Troopers, the scale issue becomes compounded when displaying with Sideshow's Star Wars line.

Medicom's scale issues also plague their own figures. While the stormtroopers and the Fetts look great with both Vaders as they're shorter, the Clone Troopers, Han and Anakin are all just as tall as both Vaders. So displaying ROTS Vader with the 501st will look extremely odd as the clones are taller. The stylized issue, sculpts have a passive likeness to their subjects, is something you should already expect going in. The price is also to be expected as these are the most expensive figures being released and don't really come with much in the way of accessories. The only other issue is fragility. While some have had no issues with the bodies, the older figures have broken for most and at some point, needed replacing.

With the exception of Medi's Clone Troopers, the scale issue becomes compounded when displaying with Sideshow's Star Wars line.

Excellent information for anyone who was wondering like me. I checked the Medi Anakin is asking for about ~150, indeed quite expensive. Hm...

Excellent information for anyone who was wondering like me. I checked the Medi Anakin is asking for about ~150, indeed quite expensive. Hm...

Just wait a bit bud. StarWars.com and/or BBTS will likely knock him down to $75 around Christmas. Much easier to swallow than the $180. :lol

146$ (might even go down more later)

Star Wars Medicom Real Action Heroes Deluxe 12 Inch Collectible Figure Revenge of the Sith Anakin Skywalker
ir

Yeah 146$ is acceptable. Anakin looks like a top notch Medicom fig. And the new improved RAH body is a plus.

fave pics (but i don't do PT anymore)
3976819592_954536f071_o.jpg

3976819754_3c8c705a55_o.jpg

3976058133_d1e839560c_o.jpg

DSCN1695.jpg

DSCN1760.jpg

Last edited:

He is coming to my home as we speak...my will is as thin as a paper. But I feel this way every day after work. I ask myself, why the **** am I working...haha...

Yeah 146$ is acceptable. Anakin looks like a top notch Medicom fig. And the new improved RAH body is a plus.

fave pics (but i don't do PT anymore)

I STILL want to see what the "new body" looks like, and how it differs from the consta-break older bodies.

Same body, just sturdier..more stiff And some kinda different texture. (feels less fragile in hand)

Medi solo and anakin have it. (probably more as well)

Only 127$ at hastings online

Last edited:

Same body, just sturdier..more stiff And some kinda different texture. (feels less fragile in hand)

Medi solo and anakin have it. (probably more as well)

Only 127$ at hastings online

Where didn't see it have the link?

"Knock on wood"

I have Medi Vader, Maul and Anakin along with a few troopers and I have yet to have a single problem with breakage.

If you ask about Medi Marvel Comic line, I have a different story. :gah:

Yeah, I still want this figure BAD. Just dont want to pay over $120 for it. I will be replacing his robe with the SS one though as I dont recall Anakin wearing a bathrobe in the film. Rest of the figure looks outstanding!

Back