Medicom Anakin Skywalker ROTS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Anakin ep3

That is friggin amazing, whatever sculpt and custom parts it is.

Why can't we get a figure like that?

I see no likeness of Hayden Christensen in the Medi.

I disagree..take a look at Jedi's pics...he looks more like Hayden than any other figure attempt to date IMHO.

Medicom figures are not REALLY 1/6th. they are a hair smaller. they are about 1/7th and a half scale.
Medicom figures tend to look like teenagers next to other companies 1/6th figures.

Another example, Medicom stormtrooper armor is great for bashing figures of female stormtroopers. it fits fantastically.

So to answer your question, significantly shorter.

anyone got that picture of medicom's vader with sideshow's towering over him?

Thanks for the info. I'd love to see a pic of Medi and SS Anakin next to each other.

Thanks for the info. I'd love to see a pic of Medi and SS Anakin next to each other.

I have a pic of Clone Wars Ani next to Medi Ani. CW is a tad taller.
The bigger difference is the bulk of the figures.
Also Ep. III SS Ani is taller than both.

Little neck operation and oil color :)

ANAKINRAHHiREZ2-1-2k.jpg
[/IMG]

ANAKINRAHHiREZ-15k.jpg
[/IMG]

ANAKINRAHHiREZ-21.jpg
[/IMG]

ANAKINRAHHiREZ2-5k.jpg
[/IMG]

ANAKINRAHHiREZ2-10k.jpg
[/IMG]

ANAKINRAHHiREZ-14k.jpg
[/IMG]

ANAKINRAHHiREZ-16k.jpg
[/IMG]
ANAKINRAHHiREZ3-1-2.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Here is my modified Anakin next to my modified Medicom Vader and Luke.
I took the small ankle peg out of Luke's legs and now he is exactly 11 1/8" which equals out to about 5'7" in one sixth scale. Anakin I extended to his full height with the ankle posts and now he is 12" exactly or almost 6'1" as Hayden Christiansen is. Vader I had to give an extra long extension peg which makes him 12 3/4" which is almost 6'6" which is vader's true height. He would have to be a full 13" to make him true 1/6 scale not 14" like sideshow's but I think he looks pretty good. I really want to get a sideshow ROTS obi wan and modify it to true 1/6 scale. Chewbacca is the ROTS Hasbro version which is pretty nice and 14 1/2" tall which is close enough to the 14 2/3" he should be if he is the same height as Peter Mayhew who is 7'4" tall.

Nice job. The best Ani out there imo. Have any SS Clones to show him next to?

I wish. I'm hoping to get a Medicom one. I like the SS a lot but I already have the Medicom Phase 1 so I wanted them to be the same height.

I WISH I could get into Medicom figures, some of their face sculpts, like this one, are looking better & the detail looks great on a lot of figures - but the size issue just gets to me. :dunno

-Drea

Yeah. It's hard to match the medicom size to a not 1/6 world when all other figures are not scaled the same. But all medicoms stuff looks great together. And as much modifying as some guys are doing on these boards it all comes out in the wash. I had the SS Stormtrooper and didn't like the armor because it wasn't screen accurate. Being a TK in the 501st I know my armor a little too personally so I was irritated at their sculpt. So I got the Marmit which is accurate but way too tall for medis other figs. Good grief. So I got the sideshow Jedi Luke and was not impressed with the face expression. The sculpt is spot on but the blank expression and open mouth was limiting. So I got the medicom Luke and liked it better. I know he looks cartoony but he just seemed to be the right size. Here is the other dilemma; trying to find other figures and head sculpts that don't look like bobble heads compared to medicoms.

I WISH I could get into Medicom figures, some of their face sculpts, like this one, are looking better & the detail looks great on a lot of figures - but the size issue just gets to me. :dunno

-Drea

Yeah. It's hard to match the medicom size to a not 1/6 world when all other figures are not scaled the same. But all medicoms stuff looks great together. And as much modifying as some guys are doing on these boards it all comes out in the wash. I had the SS Stormtrooper and didn't like the armor because it wasn't screen accurate. Being a TK in the 501st I know my armor a little too personally so I was irritated at their sculpt. So I got the Marmit which is accurate but way too tall for medis other figs. Good grief. So I got the sideshow Jedi Luke and was not impressed with the face expression. The sculpt is spot on but the blank expression and open mouth was limiting. So I got the medicom Luke and liked it better. I know he looks cartoony but he just seemed to be the right size. Here is the other dilemma; trying to find other figures and head sculpts that don't look like bobble heads compared to medicoms.

One solution for the size dsicrepancy is simply to display your Medicom by themselves. My Anakin is posed with my ROTJ Medi Vader and a Medi Stormtrooper. The other solution is to be creative-- I use my Medi Han with my SSC Greedo-- but Han is sitting down in the Cantina chairs. He looks great with his foot up on the table, hand reaching for his gun, and Greedo pointing his gun squarely at him.

There's room for both in every 1/6 SW collection.

Here's how I used to have Medi Anakin posed (to see the difference)

and here's Han with Han... prior to Greedo's arrival.

^Nice pics. :)

I have a repaint I'm working on with new flesh tones and Sith Eyes (those were done by my friend). Hope to have it posted sometime this week.

Back