Medicom 1/6 Yoda

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My hope is that they release a prequel version. Although I may just wind up tracking down a a hasbro one. Either way, I'll need him for when I break down and Palpy.

i'm considering getting one and doing that, but i'd like to know how his joints are out of the box.

Yeah, though the articulation is limited, it's not NEEDED since it's OT Yoda. If you want to make a PT Yoda, there's work to do on it .

Didn't some one customize one to have more articulation? Anyway, I'm good w/it because Muppet Yoda didn't have a whole lot of range of movement.

Yeah, though the articulation is limited, it's not NEEDED since it's OT Yoda. If you want to make a PT Yoda, there's work to do on it .

Didn't some one customize one to have more articulation? Anyway, I'm good w/it because Muppet Yoda didn't have a whole lot of range of movement.

Didn't this conversation just happen? Weird. Anyway, for those interested, here's the VCD Yoda with added articulation. He is, of course, also a repaint.

The regular VCD Yoda has cut joints at the shoulders and ball joints at the neck and wrists. That's it.

P2270016.jpg

P2270013.jpg

P2270023.jpg

I think it was Dr. Strange, but you can pretty much pick and choose. Spider-man would probably work well. Make sure to take both figures apart completely and take a gander at how the pieces might fit together before you do anything as permanent as cutting.

Didn't this conversation just happen? Weird. Anyway, for those interested, here's the VCD Yoda with added articulation. He is, of course, also a repaint.

The regular VCD Yoda has cut joints at the shoulders and ball joints at the neck and wrists. That's it.

P2270016.jpg

P2270013.jpg

P2270023.jpg

WOW!! That musta been alot of work.

MAN THAT IS ONE SWEET CUSTOM JOB, CUSTOMIKEY!!!!VERY PRO INDEED!!:emperor

I've been lurking for way too long. Thought it was about time I posted something. Yoda was an anniversary present from the wife and I've just got around to futzing and doing a little repainting / pastel flinging. Here's how he turned out.

angle.jpg

back-1.jpg

reverse.jpg

I have to thank the many members of the forum for getting me interested in collecting the Star Wars range. The Star Wars range makes such a welcome change to the usual modern figures I do. I've since picked up Old Ben, Bespin Luke and a Hasbro R2D2 and I'm really tempted by the new Han. Looks like there is no hope for me now:banana

Dan

Welcome, Dan! I love the work you've done, especially on the robes! That's some beautiful weathering! It really looks like he's been trotting through the swamp. Kudos on picking up Ben, Luke, and R2. They're all excellent pieces. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Welcome to the boards - thanks for sharing those pics - great work! I'm not a huge Medicom fan (only have Boba and Yoda) but this figure really is a little gem as far as I'm concerned. It's one of my favorites and you've managed to give it even more character.

Jkno, Customikey, Darth Cruel & Ultimate Weapon-- Thanks you for your kind welcome to the forum. I'm glad you like my little Yoda. I've been messing about with trying to add some wispy white/grey angora hairs to him without much success. I'm always messing with figures trying to get them just a little better.

I hope to share a few more soon.

Thanks again.

dan

Back