Medicom "1/6" Cowboys and Aliens figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These look great -but can't justify the price. What is it with Medicom and their inflated prices these days.

I am actually impressed with these. I have not seen the movie yet but I know what the actors faces look like and these LOOK like the actors. Hot Toys Indy has 500 pages of people harping on the likeness and this Ford likeness easily beats that headsculpt AND on the FIRST try. I have owned the Medicom Sweeney Todd but gave it up in favor of the Hot Toys because Medicom fell short in the costume ( the head was nice however ). I think that Medicom is really improving in the costumes and I like ways these look too. Looks like a good movie and looks like a good job by Medicom. I grew up with the 70s/80s Kenner / Mego 12" figure lines so these look golden to me (even WITH Hot Toys stuff to compare with) but since HT does have any Cowboys VS Aliens then these look tops.

Have to agree that Medi nailed the Ford likeness a LOT better than Hot Toys.

Can't believe medicom is still making biodegradable out of scale high priced pretentious figures. The bastards...

I like Craig's headsculpt tho'.

Theres alot of Medicom hate on this board.

It's cause their stuff just looks bad. AND it is extremely expensive, they have not made any strides to improve their product and that's pretty sad seeing as there are countless manufacturers out there who do better product illegally without real licenses.

they've actually only served to make Enterbay worse due to their mediocrity and their silly little "ultimate unison".

I won't hate them quite so much if I can use that DC head. I've always thought about painting one of their bodies silver as it'd make a cool looking robot.

If they were taller I'd then dress it in the T-1000 bike cop gear and have a cop from THX1138.

It's cause their stuff just looks bad. AND it is extremely expensive, they have not made any strides to improve their product and that's pretty sad seeing as there are countless manufacturers out there who do better product illegally without real licenses.

they've actually only served to make Enterbay worse due to their mediocrity and their silly little "ultimate unison".

Except Medicom has improved a lot over the last few years and their Jojo's Bizarre Adventure lineup is proof of this. Also, they only handle the bodies for these Ultimate Unison figures whereas Enterbay handles the facesculpt so I am not sure why people are critiquing or praising Medicom based on the likeness.

As for inflated prices, Medicom pries have been more or less static for years now. It is just the yen that is going crazy. Also, if you want to see inflated prices, allow me to suggest to you that you check out a company called HOT TOYS.

Not arguing that hot toys prices aren't going crazy either that's for sure.

But let's be serious here even if they are a little better than a year back, medicom is way down on the spectrum of how far the hobby has come... their stuff is downright sub par

Cotwold has these up for pre-order, short fragile fig for $229 is an easy pass....

Cotwold has these up for pre-order, short fragile fig

medicom's base body is no longer as short as it used to be neither is it as fragile

however...
Oleg03 said:
for $229 is an easy pass....

i do agree that the price is too much for them to still be using plastic belts in stead of leather/pleather like HT and SS do

I'm waiting for these to end up on clearance like the Medicom Henry Sr, Mutt Williams and KOTCS Indy Jones figures that were eventually able to be had for $30 - $50. :hi5:

Closer angle of HF from same site:

1109241206d0ccbba3f6d25996.jpg

Last edited:
Back