McFarlane Toys: Stranger Things 7-Inch Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

175235291_8e2e08e084_b.jpg

(why is he "Demo-", by the way?...)

What makes Hopper and Eleven "Collector Edition"? The other figures aren't, and they look to be the same quality.

Seen a lot of press about this, is the series any good?
Worth getting netflix for?

Hrm. That's a hard question to answer. Would I pick up Netflix *just* for Stranger Things? Probably not. But Netflix has lots of other great shows on it too...I for one love Daredevil and 13 Reasons Why in addition to this one, just to pick a couple. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Atypical, and Master of None are solid comedies. There's a bunch of others I'm probably not remembering...

As far as whether it's good, it's good. Definitely feels like an 80's movie with current SFX, and that's not a bad thing. It rides a bit high on the nostalgia factor though; I wonder if anyone would be talking about it if it was set currently...I'm really not sure. If you have fond memories of the 80s and like a good horror flick that's high on atmosphere and (relatively) lower on the gore, you'll probably like it. I'd say it's biggest hinderance, besides riding nostalgia, is that a couple of the teens look like they're in their 30s, but that's not really uncommon.

I agree that Lucas looks nothing like the actor there. And Dustin looks like the character in the face, but his body proportions seem out of whack. What's with the stubby legs?

It's all right if you can stand Winona Ryder. Her performance is awful and I make efforts to disregard her presence in the show. I like the way they recreate the 80's and the soundtrack is very appropriate.

It's a fantastic show with a great soundtrack, an excellent cast, and some really good character development.

Give it a shot.

I felt season 2 was even stronger than season 1--especially the last two episodes which were freaking awesome.

The aforementioned Demogorgon:

Demogorgon-McFarlane-Toys-680x963.jpg

Looks like based in the man in a suit, feet are non accurate to the CGI monster. The Super-8 tiny figure by Funko! is much better in that respect, I do hope they correct that before production

the-demagorgon-non-binary-halloween-costumes.jpg

Stranger-things-3pk-2-will-dustin-demogorgon_1024x1024.jpg

Attachments

• the-demagorgon-non-binary-halloween-costumes.jpg
    the-demagorgon-non-binary-halloween-costumes.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 245
The legs are a funny thing to not catch. (Ironically, since the actor has so much experience in those kind of suits.) I'm guessing it was intentional for stability.

Found the first two figures at Target today. They had three Elevens and one Hopper (paint was jacked on Hopper so I passed on him)

31553f6b47c04946547ceac3beeec37d.jpg

Found a Hopper with decent paint. Same figure allotment as the first time I found em. 3 Elevens and 1 Hopper.

d4d576c8f083bb852e02b3fae13da111.jpg

Back