MaulFan's Display

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry BadMoon, I've been doing some server cleanup and it looks like the images were part of it, I'll have new pictures of my revised display this weekend.

MaulFan said:
Sorry BadMoon, I've been doing some server cleanup and it looks like the images were part of it, I'll have new pictures of my revised display this weekend.

Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock...

I can't wait to see your display, especially with all the images to post!

pixletwin said:
DOn't you understand? HE'S BIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! :monkey4

;)

Not sure if there's any sarcasm there or not, no biggy if there is :) but I actually do have some things going with deadlines that have taken priority, which people will soon be able to check out, but I am starting to get my display together. I did bring home my Yoda 1:1 bust to add into the mix, but he doesn't really fit physically or aesthetically with Maul and I have no where else to put him, so for now he's adding class to my office at work :) Here are my first new setups. I've retired my GG Star Wars busts for now and have my Sideshow Terminator pieces in their place. The gap at the moment is for Sarah Connor when she ships soon :) and someday the Endo from HT will work in there, but I got it from Sideshow so a bit of a wait there, but I do have the T-800 mini bust from SSC coming soon as well. The Rambo display is taking the place of my MR Minis Sabers and Obi-Wan LE.

MF1.jpg

MF2.jpg

Thanks DA, I can't wait til Rambo 3 John J. ships so I can have the tri-fecta, I've been wanting a figure trilogy since the Rambo 2 figure came out, once they announced the First Blood figure, I knew it was only a matter of time. I was originally going to have my T-800 on his Harley Fat Boy, but it takes up a lot of room and there'd be no place for Sarah and Endo so until I move elsewhere and get other displaying resources, the bike will sit this one out on the bench.

MF1.jpg

MF2.jpg

MF.jpg

I'm really finding myself growing fond of mixed format collections like this as opposed to being a completist in only one (or even several.) I'm leaning toward the "cherry picking" approach myself.

Well for me, I don't collect or display for the sake of having a unified theme of what's out, I like to keep things fresh, mix up what's displayed and how and where, but above all, it's about having things around I really enjoy and being able to appreciate them for a time, and since I'm professionally in a creative field, they are source of inspiration for me so I like to engulf myself with a good body of pieces to inspire.

A few updates to share. First, my Terminator area's gotten a little fuller, just waiting on the T-800 Endo to fill in the gap now.

MF3.jpg

And more special to me, there's been a changing of the guard with my Maul display, the Sideshow PF Maul has now taken the GG statue's place and the entire display features only Sideshow Maul pieces, and I love how it all looks :)

MF4.jpg

Ya they do, I have opportunity to arrange it, so this weekend, I'm going to take an image of every Maul collectible I have together, it's gonna be a full image that's for sure.

twistedfreak said:
You mean you're gonna make a new Maul based design on the computer, right? Using Photshop or whatever you use?

No I'm going to take a photograph of every single Maul collectible I own, from Hasbro to Applause to Sideshow, all laid out on a table together.

As for Photoshop, I plan on doing a few really nice collages using the 3 Sideshow pieces in each collage, feeling really excited about those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back