MaulFan's Collectibles Photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, some people know I've been away from doing my work lately, but I'm getting back slowly, and I've got a new camera to break in, so to get things going again, here's an image using HT Jack Sparrow to replicate one of the promotional images from POTC: AWE.

12.jpg

Last edited:
MaulFan this is just awesome! I wish I could do this suff and join in on the fun. Great work! :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

pretty damn good... you've almost made him look like he's smiling there. Just how he should.

pretty damn good... you've almost made him look like he's smiling there. Just how he should.

Thanks Darren, and everyone else. It's something I've noticed with several figures, some sculpts can actually seem to have different expressions depending on the lighting you have them in, yet looking at them in flushed light, the sculpt is clearly neutral or ever so slightly expressive. I've determined though, Jack is a figure that needs about a half dozen different heads, he's a rare character that is really defined by facial expression, far more than words or costume or actions, Jack is a character that could be just as effective in a silent film because it's all in his face, even smirking Jack wouldn't work for every pose. I'm going to do a running Jack image or two, but won't be the same without that screaming "whoahhhhhhhhhhh" face.

Didn't you once do one of Boromir kneeling in the forest? I can't remember if it was you or not, but it was a wonderfully done image.

Ya, not sure where that file has gotten to, have to track that one down, I'd almost forgot. It was actually Boromir kneeling with Lurtz's arrows in him, his final moments.

Ya, not sure where that file has gotten to, have to track that one down, I'd almost forgot. It was actually Boromir kneeling with Lurtz's arrows in him, his final moments.

It was a very handsome image, one of the best I've seen and one of the few LOTR shots. I hope you can find it--I'm such a glutton for LOTR stuff ya' know. :rolleyes: Really though, all of your images are the best.

20.jpg

This is a composite piece I made using Hot Toys' ALIENS Alien Warrior figure, I photographed the warrior in several poses from various angles, then composited the images in photoshopped, created the lighting effects, and then used photoshop to paint in all of the environmental pieces. The only photo elements in here are the warriors, everything else was draw with the software. This image is based on a moment in ALIENS when Corporal Hicks is looking in the ceiling above for signs of the warriors and comes to find MANY coming at him in the space above.

Last edited:
Here are some shots of my McFarlane Papelbon figure, the Boston Red Sox closing pitcher and my current favorite player on the team. Many probably won't recognize him, but those that do should recognize the awesome sculpting job done on this figure.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
That Boromir pic is fantastic. The baseball ones you took are hard to distinguish them from real life. They really did do a great job on sculpting (though I am not a baseball fan). :chew

Hey Maul, those look great. Just out of curiosity did you ever finish that Jabba Palace backround? I kind of forgot about it until I just saw the pics.

Hey Maul, those look great. Just out of curiosity did you ever finish that Jabba Palace backround? I kind of forgot about it until I just saw the pics.

It kinda got set aside for awhile. It's still in progress, but my life's had some ups and downs which impact my creativity, I haven't even really done any creative graphics in a while, mostly just straight photos. I mean to get back to it though, get myself back on track.

Another piece for the Captain

1.jpg

Last edited:
SWEET! Thanks dude! Those pics are fantastic! That Boromir pic is just gorgeous. I can't wait to see more LOTR shots. I'm just too impressed! Dang. I love that, thanks! Your Faramir repaint is great--I can't wait to see more of him in action.

One of my favorite shots from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End done with the HT Jack Sparrow figure.

10.jpg

Last edited:
Dude that's just phenomenal! Someday I'm gonna need to use one of your images as an avatar or a signature or something. That's just amazing. I wish I could do that, but alas, I don't even have a digital camera. :rolleyes:

Here's my replica of a comic image of Asajj Ventress with Count Dooku done with 12 inch figures.

7.jpg

Some of my favorite images of the Asajj figure.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

And a few favorites from the Asajj series I've been working on.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited:
Back