Mass Effect 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a great discussion with one of the writers of ME3 at SDCC. BioWare is far from being done with this universe.

Companies say things all the time that they don't stick by. I ask because the extended cut DLC shows Shepard surviving if you pick the destroy option and you get that scene no matter what, whereas before you had to have your battle readiness at a certain level.

I was just curious if the writer mentioned anything like that or not.

Anyone get their Broadside victory/commendation packs? Everyone just seems focused on the Earth DLC right now.

I got my broadside commendation. Victory was not awarded because the community failed the goal.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

What was the Broadside goal? How do you find out that there is a community goal oriented campaign going on? I got a message/notice ONCE when I loaded up the multiplayer that a campaign was going on or was going to be going on and it was for one of the very first ones and I haven't gotten anymore notices since. What's up with that???

They do these events every 2 weeks. If you check out the community at www.masseffect.com they announce it a few days beforehand. Also the bioware blog as well.

The community goal (which awards the victory pack when successful) was to have 400,000 full extractions on any map, any difficulty, against reapers.

The squad goal (which awards the com pack) was to successfully extract at least one squad member on gold, any map, against reapers.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks so much for the info Phenix. I'll have to check out the website every now and then, but who's got the time right? Fried any eggs on the sidewalk lately? :rotfl
I'm so glad I left Tucson years ago, the only thing I miss is the monsoons.:panic:

I had a great discussion with one of the writers of ME3 at SDCC. BioWare is far from being done with this universe.

So happy to hear this!

I think many peoples problem with the original endings was that they seem to alter the world so dramatically that a 4th game wouldn't really be set in the same world we know and love.

The only way to really keep things somewhat consistent would be to make a 4th game based on having taken the 'destroy option' and have no Geth/AI around.
That or the control option and just ignore the fact that every AI/Reaper/Geth you're talking to are all linked to RoboShepardgod...

Shepard included or not included?

They always said ME3 would be the last of Shepard, not of the universe itself.

Shepard's (and all the crew really) should be done. Lets see some brand new characters.

The world is so great I'd like to see a new game where you play as a different species than human.

I'd like to see a game entirely set on the citadel, maybe playing a C-sec officer. The citadel is so big that we've only seen like 1% of it. You could make a game there with more locations than all 3 previous games combined.

Cool, thanks so much for the info Phenix. I'll have to check out the website every now and then, but who's got the time right? Fried any eggs on the sidewalk lately? :rotfl
I'm so glad I left Tucson years ago, the only thing I miss is the monsoons.:panic:

I frequent those forums.

No, no fried eggs. I love the heat. I'm native to AZ, so I'm used to it.

I frequent those forums.

No, no fried eggs. I love the heat. I'm native to AZ, so I'm used to it.

I was born and raised in Tucson, but since I left back when I joined the military years ago I just can't stand the heat when I go back. So I just don't go back often.:lol The last time I was there was Saint Pattys day last year, to help my sister and her husband and kids move up here to Portland, it was March and it was already hot. No thank you sir, I will never move back there while I'm still sane.:rotfl

It's nice they're keeping this going. I guess I should play more and contribute--since they're doing penalties to the game for failing these operations

I don't have an Earth pack character yet though, actually, out of all the new DLC characters I've only got one which I got from the one operation that gave a free one to everyone, and it's not even one I would ever use.

The only Earth DLC character I've gotten so far is the new engineer with the supply pylon. Still trying to get more of them but no luck so far with any of the packs.

Thanks for the heads up on the next operation Phenix, I didn't see it posted there yesterday and I might not have gone back to the site for a few days. Sounds like Overwatch might be a good chance for me to get a new character.

I've only got the fury, but she is awesome and I'll be playing her as much as I can.

The only Earth DLC character I've gotten so far is the new engineer with the supply pylon. Still trying to get more of them but no luck so far with any of the packs.

Thanks for the heads up on the next operation Phenix, I didn't see it posted there yesterday and I might not have gone back to the site for a few days. Sounds like Overwatch might be a good chance for me to get a new character.

Don't worry, the Demolisher is by far the best anyway, in my opinion. He's the only earth character that's viable on Gold/Platinum matches.

So when I heard the kerfluffle over the original endings I stopped playing after finding the Geth and Quarian to wait until this new extended cut was released.

Now I finished the game this weekend and my initial reaction was pretty positive. I ended up with the ending that I had envisioned from the first game.

More important to me than Shepard's fate was the fate of those closest to him. In the final missions, I fell back on my most trusted friends-- Liara and Garrus. And the three of us not only completed the mission, but they survived.

I think that's the most powerful part about this series. I've come to care more about my crew than about "myself" as Shepard. So there really was not a lot of hesitation about sacrificing myself to stop the Reapers, because I know it would save my friends. That makes you truly feel like you are Shepard.

Fortunately for me, my military strength was high enough to get a little surprise at the end that put a smile on my face and possibly a tear to my eye after the crew's memorial.

Bioware is to be commended for getting me to care about a bunch of pixels as their greatest achievement.

I did much the same. I purchased the game day one, but never had the time to dedicate to it for a while...and I didnt just want to dip in and out on this game as time allowed. Then there was all the controversy about the ending, then an announcement about the extended endings, and so at that point I decided to wait once again until those came out. Then once they did, I was once again in a position where I had to wait a little bit until I'd have the time required to dedicate to the game. Well that time finally came, and I imported my ME1/ME2 Femshep and played through the game over the last week, and overall I loved the game.

I get the complaints about past decisions not having a great amount of impact overall, though my decisions still played into the plot and how certain things unfolded, so I didn't mind all that much, even if they didn't actually change things in the long run, as far as the overarching story goes. the extended cut Synthesis ending worked and made sense for my character arc through the games, and felt right. It wasn't perfect, but I was satisfied overall (not much of a fan of the cheesy after credits bit though). I definitely would have liked to see a little more of what happened to the other surviving main characters, but I also get why they didn't do too much of that, as they likely want to keep their options pretty open with the larger cast of characters 'just in case' they wish to revisit with those characters at a later date in some kind of a post ME3 setting.

And I've gotta say, even if people don't like the original, or extended, endings, I don't understand the cries of "five years wasted" and "wish I'd never bothered" that plastered the net for a while, and still does to some extent. I mean I get being disappointed with the end of the game, or even outright disliking it, especially when the ending isn't an overly happy one, but why anyone would regret the journey through these great games mystifies me. I mean that's like saying you wish you'd never watched Raiders of the Lost Ark because you didn't like Crystal Skull, or now suddenly hating the original Star Wars trilogy just because you hated the prequels. Makes no sense to me personally. Even if you didn't like the ultimate destination, the journey was so great that personally I could never regret the time spent on this franchise, a series that pulled me in, felt as 'alive' as any games I've ever played, and made me give a damn about the characters and their journeys. In fact I look forward to going back and spending more time in it down the line. But to each their own I guess.

Personally I look forward to playing through the games again, this time as more of a renegade heavy character, maybe as a male Shepard this time, see how different that journey feels. I also look forward to the upcoming dlc as well. Regardless of any bumps along the way, the Mass Effect series is my favourite gaming franchise and experience of this console generation, and that, more than anything else, is what I'll always remember it for.

Last edited:
Back