Marvel's The Punisher - Netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this when it came out, absolutely loved it! Billy was played so different from the comics it took me a couple episodes to realize oh yeah that's going to be Jigsaw (I haven't read comics loyally since the early '90s, so I am going off original source material where they are never friends).

I felt both Daredevil season 2 and this were very faithful to who Frank Castle is and how a realistic depiction of the Punisher should be done. I also loved Luke Cage and DD season 1 as well. Either haven't seen the others on Netflix because they look ehh or have no interest in the characters.

Finished this last month.. Had some great Punisher moments but I really did not care for the Military being the reason for his families death.. That is what worked in the comics was that he just wanted to punish crime not just take out those responsible for his families death. I guess now we have to wait for Micros family or Karen to get wasted to bring him out of retirement.

I thought Season 2 of DareDevil nailed his character better.. But this season did have some great moments.. Just not enough of them IMO and he did not feel full fledged Punisher to me.

Ugh. Hate the protect the child or teenager angle. Always dumbs the content down for me. It worked for T2, but IM3 was bad. I do like how Jigsaw and his cronies wear a jigsaw mask. I'm not too excited from what the trailer gave us.

I still like my heroes being heroic by helping people instead of simply hurting the antagonists.

Finished this last month.. Had some great Punisher moments but I really did not care for the Military being the reason for his families death.. That is what worked in the comics was that he just wanted to punish crime not just take out those responsible for his families death. I guess now we have to wait for Micros family or Karen to get wasted to bring him out of retirement.

I thought Season 2 of DareDevil nailed his character better.. But this season did have some great moments.. Just not enough of them IMO and he did not feel full fledged Punisher to me.

I agree

S2 supposedly is alot less drama and alot more of the “Comic Punisher” feel.

Lets see.

S2 trailer was an unfocused mess though and that silly Jigsaw mask and his tiny scar after his face was shredded in S1 is just dumb UNLESS that’s a mask he’s wearing over his really messed up face which would be cool but I highly doubt it i’m sure that little scar is his only visible injury.

You liked that drivel?? Oh My... Shame on you Jye.

Yeah that movie has grown on me quite a bit I like it more than Warzone.

Thomas Jane Punisher isn't a good adaptation of the comic character but I actually really enjoy it as a straight modern "Western."

Whenever it's on TV or Netflix I almost always give it a watch.

Yup it’s a Punisher copy but a damn fine fun action movie with a great family destruction revenge plot acted out with great performance and one super hot chick.

The extended cut is awesome.

PWZ is a cheesefest mess of a movie with some great bits sprinkled throughout but that’s it.

Jane’s is a competent movie.

Yeah Jane Punisher would have been right at home with other generic 70's/80's revenge flicks. They could have named it something generic like "Nothing to Lose" and no one would know the difference, lol.

Plus it had the great Roy Scheider! How can someone who calls himself "JAWS" not appreciation that??

lol

Visually, I think Lundgren was the best Punisher. Guy looked like the Jim Lee version. Not a fan of Bernthal or his version, with the exception of S2 DD. As a Punisher fan, I did not like S1 Punisher at all.

Lundgren was definetly late 80's Punisher on the screen. Very Whilce Portacio and Jim lee art look. Also had the crazy aspect down. Jane Punisher was more methodical and planned. Stevenson Punisher is more tactical and Bernthal's Punisher is more brutish. All have great aspects of the character but none have fully nailed it. I enjoy them all for different aspects of the character and I hope season 2 of the Netflix Punisher is better than season 1. Russo needs to be more scarred up since he was completely disfigured I the comics and the ending of season 1 was a good way to establish how he lost his looks and goes completely insane.

I'm still waiting for Punisher to wear the white boots and gloves on screen, but no, they have to be realistic for some reason. I hate the whole tactical, realistic outfit, instead of full body suit (like Snake Plissken) with the skull and white boots and gloves.

He looks ridiculous, imo. He looks small and skinny...I'm sure he's not, but he looks that way.

PKXIHhK.jpg

Back