Marvel's The Punisher - Netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, a guy nutting in 10 seconds.

Lotsa nut in this show, and it's supposed to be No Nut November.

vlcsnap-2017-11-26-06h31m41s21.jpg

I just finished the finale and I’ve got to say: I loved it. I wasn’t 100% sure how I would feel about the approach they were taking with Frank, but it was a fascinating portrayal and it kept me completely captivated up to the very end, but, with Frank having now seen vengeance exacted on those responsible, I’m wondering where they take it next.

Part of me would like to see the traditional “warrior” Frank against organized crime, but, and I have no idea how you could do this, I’d sort of love to see what they could do with the culture of mass shootings in America. How would someone like The Punisher react to this new, chaotic form of violence arising? Is there even a way for him to respond to it? Also, what does that even look like? The Punisher gunning down hardened gangsters and highly trained war criminals is one thing, but what does Frank do with a 15-year old who just opened fire on a mall full of people?

I think that’s something that will never, ever, in the history of ever happen, but it was something that came to mind; especially because there were little shades of it in the Lewis Wilson side-arc. Also, can we just talk about Lewis, for a second? I don’t know who that actor is, but I feel bad as **** for that dude. First he was Lee Harvey Oswald on that Hulu Stephen King mini-series, and now he’s the MCU equivalent of the unabomber. That dude has a long and storied career ahead of him being typecast as anti-government nut jobs, I fear.:lol

I speed-runned this (all 13 eps in about 3 hours) and I kinda liked it, but I'm definitely not returning for a "proper watch". I mean, I tried to watch the 1st ep normally, but I found myself skipping scene after scene and one thing led to another and... I did like the Micro/Frank interactions, the Madani chick was hawt in that sex scene and Russo was enjoyable, but... eh. Good enough Cape****, average show. I'd tune in for a more "classic" S2.

I’ll say this for The Punisher sex scenes, though. Marvel gets props from me for realism. One of the few times I’ve ever seen a dude take a piss after nutting in a movie.:lol Also, Maddani’s ass goes without saying.:lol
:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

I just finished the finale and I’ve got to say: I loved it. I wasn’t 100% sure how I would feel about the approach they were taking with Frank, but it was a fascinating portrayal and it kept me completely captivated up to the very end, but, with Frank having now seen vengeance exacted on those responsible, I’m wondering where they take it next.

Part of me would like to see the traditional “warrior” Frank against organized crime, but, and I have no idea how you could do this, I’d sort of love to see what they could do with the culture of mass shootings in America. How would someone like The Punisher react to this new, chaotic form of violence arising? Is there even a way for him to respond to it? Also, what does that even look like? The Punisher gunning down hardened gangsters and highly trained war criminals is one thing, but what does Frank do with a 15-year old who just opened fire on a mall full of people?

I think that’s something that will never, ever, in the history of ever happen, but it was something that came to mind; especially because there were little shades of it in the Lewis Wilson side-arc. Also, can we just talk about Lewis, for a second? I don’t know who that actor is, but I feel bad as **** for that dude. First he was Lee Harvey Oswald on that Hulu Stephen King mini-series, and now he’s the MCU equivalent of the unabomber. That dude has a long and storied career ahead of him being typecast as anti-government nut jobs, I fear.:lol

That soldiers story was really just filler.

I’m trying to wrap my head around his placement in the overall story.

Was this regular non special forces grunt with PTSD juxtaposed against the elite special forces team of Castle Russo, Curtis and Gunner supposed to show the varying effects of war and how Castle would handle a fellow soldier with PTSD?

The kid wasn’t involved in a CIA dirty program like Castle’s group was, he was just suffering from PTSD.

For me his story should’ve never been included because I just don’t see what value it added.

Gaspar is right, it should’ve been 9 episode max.

Thankfully E10-13 saved it for me BUT I wouldn’t watch the entire season ever again and at the end of the day that’s not a good thing.

My wife was only mildly impressed with E10-13 I think she was just being nice and wasn’t impressed at all lol.

Last edited:
This inspired me to pick up a Punisher graphic novel series, and someone recommended the Punisher Max by Garth Ennis. I tried looking on Amazon for this but saw that there were several volumes, so I wanted to ask if anyone knew if there was a collection that included all of these volumes for a good deal? I don't know if I want to purchase each one, especially since I don't know which ones are good, so I figured one book with all of them included might be a little cheaper overall?

This inspired me to pick up a Punisher graphic novel series, and someone recommended the Punisher Max by Garth Ennis. I tried looking on Amazon for this but saw that there were several volumes, so I wanted to ask if anyone knew if there was a collection that included all of these volumes for a good deal? I don't know if I want to purchase each one, especially since I don't know which ones are good, so I figured one book with all of them included might be a little cheaper overall?

Amazon has Punisher Max Omnibus volume one listed. Comes out next april or may I think. Right now its $90. It collects the first 3 or 4 trades I think. In the beginning was a good trade. Kitchen Irish was alright and the third one was pretty good also. Had Nick Fury in it.

I just finished the series and I really liked it. Some good elements from many of the character versions in Frank's 40 plus years. I really liked his final showdown with the villain but I am not a fan of overly happy endings. Franks should be like the an with no name and disappear in the sunset to fight another day.

I speed-runned this (all 13 eps in about 3 hours) and I kinda liked it, but I'm definitely not returning for a "proper watch". I mean, I tried to watch the 1st ep normally, but I found myself skipping scene after scene and one thing led to another and... I did like the Micro/Frank interactions, the Madani chick was hawt in that sex scene and Russo was enjoyable, but... eh. Good enough Cape****, average show. I'd tune in for a more "classic" S2.

Literally half the season can be skipped ( not half the episodes but half the running time

I wonder if this series would work better as an Anthology, like, self-contained episodes filled with violence and action, maybe an overarching plot, maybe not.

Not enough anthologies out there.

I wonder if this series would work better as an Anthology, like, self-contained episodes filled with violence and action, maybe an overarching plot, maybe not.

Like law and order or x files or something. Yeah much better.
Could be like the batman cartoon.

I'd like to see that. Like the Veronica Mars series, have something to solve or group to kill an episode while having a season long arc. I think we are done with all the peps involved with the killing of his family. Time to take down the mobs, gangs and street trash.

Apparently they want to do that for a Conan TV show, God I hope they do it.

I'd like to see that. Like the Veronica Mars series, have something to solve or group to kill an episode while having a season long arc. I think we are done with all the peps involved with the killing of his family. Time to take down the mobs, gangs and street trash.
Yeah, but like others have said, I don't know what motivation Frank has left to kill mobsters.

I'd watch that. Really, if they wanted to do an "evil government" plot, they could've gone with some other character (Night Raven for a left field choice, which, considering the lead is Native American, earns them good PR points). The utter randomness of the death of the Castles is what makes the whole thing work.

I'd watch X-Files: FRANKed Edition.

Overarching arcs that offer bits and pieces in stand-alone episodes would work as well.

Apparently they want to do that for a Conan TV show, God I hope they do it.
****, really? First time I'm hearing about this. I wonder if it'll ever happen. Same with Netflix's Witcher.

#IdrisElbaForGeralt #IdrisElbaForConan #IdrisElbaForMeInMyBioPic

Awesome show! The cast was well picked. Another great villain for the Marvel Netflix roster.

This is a good way to erase Iron Fist and The Defenders from our memories...

I'd watch that. Really, if they wanted to do an "evil government" plot, they could've gone with some other character (Night Raven for a left field choice, which, considering the lead is Native American, earns them good PR points). The utter randomness of the death of the Castles is what makes the whole thing work.

I'd watch X-Files: FRANKed Edition.

Overarching arcs that offer bits and pieces in stand-alone episodes would work as well.

****, really? First time I'm hearing about this. I wonder if it'll ever happen. Same with Netflix's Witcher.

#IdrisElbaForGeralt #IdrisElbaForConan #IdrisElbaForMeInMyBioPic

Well Supernatural is basically x files FRANKed edition.

Well Supernatural is basically x files FRANKed edition.

I kept up with that up until S3 and then dropped it for... a reason I can't remember. It's on S12 now? And they're fighting God's Sister and the Devil's Aunt or some ****?

I kept up with that up until S3 and then dropped it for... a reason I can't remember. It's on S12 now? And they're fighting God's Sister and the Devil's Aunt or some ****?

The show goes to crap after season 5 because the creator only had 5 seasons in mind and he left and everything after season 5 is basically fan fiction tier

I don't understand the negative reviews for this show at all. Binged it over the weekend and it's definitely in my top two for Marvel Netflix.

Far better than their last few attempts.

Back