Marvel's The Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for that I bet Grace doesn’t shave!

Take that you whopper eating little punk lol

Even if Grace shaved she'd still be fuggly. :lol

Oh hello crows.

No I believe his face shows no beard or mustache in her videos. :monkey3:monkey3

”His” :lol

Burger King sucks. I can get a frozen TV dinner at Walmart with more meat than their "sandwiches".

Plus fast food in general is garbage aside from Dairy Queen and Wendy's.

Reported all of you to the Grace Foundation of anti bullying!

When she's the last female on earth and you need booty, don't expect big momma to put out for you with all the stuff you said about her. :lecture

Grace Posting....
AND Burger posting.... at the same time...

snoop right now

giphy.gif

My thoughts on the movie:

Video: Needed some work with some shots but overall not too distracting from the movie.
Sound: The bluray was very underwhelming with this movie.
Soundtrack: VERY NICE! Loved the music!
Sound Editing: Sucked. It took away from the movie. The moment when Zuri slams his staff on the rock for both fights was weak. When the M'Baku and his tribe enter with their warrior chant, it could have had more impact. Transitions between scenes that require more dynamic range could have been MUCH better and provided more impact. The shot from Killmonger to kill Klaw needed some punch also.

Acting: Great acting all around. Casting was awesome for each role. Michael B. Jordan and Winston Duke stood out above everyone. Andy Serkis is greatness as usual.
Script: It was great to see a predominantly Black cast NOT put in a "Black" movie. No Madeas or "Oh hell naw's" in the movie. There were definitely plot holes but there have been holes in EVERY Marvel movie. None more than the rest of them.
Action: Not bad but not the top 5 of the MCU.

My side notes:
- Killmonger was the most conflicted character in MCU and was short-lived due to Thanos' character. I understood why he wanted to do what he wanted. He had the same issues I thought when I read Reginald Hudlin's story a couple of years ago. Some may not understand this. I get it.
- This movie is part of my Top 6 of MCU movies but not #1. Avengers and Winter Soldier still hold the Top 2 spots for me. Then you have GOTG, Infinity War and Iron Man with Black Panther that change positions . These 4 are my next favorite Tier of the MCU movies.

My thoughts on the movie:

Video: Needed some work with some shots but overall not too distracting from the movie.
Sound: The bluray was very underwhelming with this movie.
Soundtrack: VERY NICE! Loved the music!
Sound Editing: Sucked. It took away from the movie. The moment when Zuri slams his staff on the rock for both fights was weak. When the M'Baku and his tribe enter with their warrior chant, it could have had more impact. Transitions between scenes that require more dynamic range could have been MUCH better and provided more impact. The shot from Killmonger to kill Klaw needed some punch also.

Acting: Great acting all around. Casting was awesome for each role. Michael B. Jordan and Winston Duke stood out above everyone. Andy Serkis is greatness as usual.
Script: It was great to see a predominantly Black cast NOT put in a "Black" movie. No Madeas or "Oh hell naw's" in the movie. There were definitely plot holes but there have been holes in EVERY Marvel movie. None more than the rest of them.
Action: Not bad but not the top 5 of the MCU.

My side notes:
- Killmonger was the most conflicted character in MCU and was short-lived due to Thanos' character. I understood why he wanted to do what he wanted. He had the same issues I thought when I read Reginald Hudlin's story a couple of years ago. Some may not understand this. I get it.
- This movie is part of my Top 6 of MCU movies but not #1. Avengers and Winter Soldier still hold the Top 2 spots for me. Then you have GOTG, Infinity War and Iron Man with Black Panther that change positions . These 4 are my next favorite Tier of the MCU movies.

Very good review.

So Donald Glover is in talks for BP2 as the villain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re a working black actor and you weren’t called for BP1 and they STILL don’t call you for BP2 you might as well just quit acting.

Should be interesting seeing that he's already been in the MCU, but something tells me that if he's cast, they won't use the Prowler as the main villain in BP 2 ..... or any movie, for that matter.

Got my second viewing in this past weekend. Liked it less but still a good film. The CGI was worse than I thought. Killmonger is OK but lacked complexity.

Very good review.

If you’re a working black actor and you weren’t called for BP1 and they STILL don’t call you for BP2 you might as well just quit acting.

LOL... for real. Hell, even Angela Basset knew not to turn down another Marvel role. Who is the next villain? Doctor Voodoo? (Before he became a hero and Sorcerer Supreme. )

If Wesley Snipes isn’t the villain then screw them. I want Demolition man back lol

That or Bill Cosby or OJ Simpson are the villains.

OJ and Cosby as a villianous duo.:clap:rotfl

They could be called Roofie (psychopath who lives a double life as the perfect Dad) and the Colombian Necklace (who wears supertight black gloves.)

Finally caught this again and yikes it did not hold up. Truth be told I'm actually glad I didn't buy the BR now as I don't see myself revisiting it again. I saw this along with IW as a double feature last night and IW played first, so mind you I was a little tired, but I mostly found myself bored with it the second time around.

I still "like" the film - its overall aesthetic, the story, the music, the cast, etc. But most of the CGI was absolutely atrocious and I feel the film is just a little too heavy on the techno-stuff, which didn't annoy me the first time around but almost took me out of the movie this time. The action is undeniably lackluster but I still feel it's a moot point given that most of the Marvel films before this went into full Looney Toons territory, so I'm glad we got a break with this one. This movie is still overall better than CW on the whole IMO because I just really hate crossovers when they aren't done well.

It's gone from an 8 to a solid 7 at best. Same score I gave Doctor Strange but on repeat viewings I think I actually like that film more.

Back