1/6 Marvel Studios Netflix Shows Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just jumped in here, but is there any reason why they CAN'T do Netflix/TV characters or is it more of they don't want to?

I think Hot Toys mostly delves into Movie characters and some video game characters unfortunately. They haven't done any tbv characters save for 66' Batman and Robin since they had their own feature film so i'm assuming these guys have to pop up in a movie for Hot Toys to consider making figures but I seriously hope they start a tv line cause I really think these Netflix characters would sell like hot cakes.

Okay, so let me do my best to break down the unofficial reason as to why we will not see Netflix or TV show characters any time soon. Ike Perlmutter (yes that awesome guy that donated $1M to Trump in Marvel's name) still owns Marvel Entertainment, meaning he still gets to control the Comics, TV shows, Cartoons and all of the merchandise in which gets released for these. So, even though Agents of SHIELD and Carter and DD etc. are MCU, Marvel Entertainment still has rights to merchandise. Now, for those of you that don't know. Ike owned ToyBiz for a long time and merged them with MArvel and kept a stranglehold on toys for his own interests until things were finally shaken up and Hasbro ended up getting to make the toys as well, along with other companies. Now, this is all theory as to why we aren't seeing Hot Toys, but things we do know:

-Disney and Hot Toys have a working history.
-Marvel Entertainment holds rights to the TV shows.
-No TV show has produced Hot Toy figures.
-Ike Perlmutter is a ****** bag.

If we add it all up I think we can say Ike is c%*k blocking our toys....again.

Interesting speculation but it's all just that...speculation. and must I really bring up Prison Break again?

What? No, my point isn't that TV is out of the picture, it's that the Marvel CEO MIGHT be to blame but only because of his lame history. Now, if we see Arrow/Flash/Gotham or whatever Hot Toys come out, then I think it's safe to say he's to blame. For the time being I just want to express how big of a dirt bag he is.

No, most of it is not speculation. The motivations behind things sure. But the facts are the facts. There's a reason marvel studios is seperate (now) from marvel entertainment. MArvel Ent owns the merch rights for the tv stuff. Which is under Ike P. He owned a toy company, and has been very hands on with what licensing deals he allows.

And the prison break figures have zero bearing on if hot toys makes marvel tv figures.

They went on sale in like summer 2007 I think. I'd forgot all about them till the other day. I don't even think they had any marvel licenses at that time. They where just starting and taking any license they could get from anything popular. But one or two (four if you count the limited Ed) figures from nearly 10 years ago don't mean they will make others.

I'm not saying they won't. Just that those figures don't mean much.

Last edited:
All I know is that these figures need to happen, at least daredevil and punisher, all three look awesome but I'm much more of a punisher and daredevil fan then I am of elektra. I really love the final look they came up with for the punisher and even tho I have a big Ray Stevenson war zone armory on my desk I would definitely pick up a figure of bernthal's punisher if they made one.

Marvel's Daredevil - Season 2 - Suiting Up - Netflix [HD] - YouTube

image.jpg

Thought I'd share my WIP Wilson Fisk from the Daredevil Netflix series. I'm currently waiting for a Navy blue dress shirt as well as a vest to go with the suit but should I pad the body up more? I'd be open to any suggestions. :)

7a4011a2e88689b39ab2259cbe55cff0.jpg

9cd0b26bf3a14517e067c9a70f23a162.jpg

Thought I'd share my WIP Wilson Fisk from the Daredevil Netflix series. I'm currently waiting for a Navy blue dress shirt as well as a vest to go with the suit but should I pad the body up more? I'd be open to any suggestions. :)

7a4011a2e88689b39ab2259cbe55cff0.jpg

9cd0b26bf3a14517e067c9a70f23a162.jpg

Wow! Looks great! I think the body is well padded as is since Vincent D. isn't quite as hefty as his comic counterpart. I would try to pad his arms a bit though as he definitely has more bulk there.

Back