1/6 MARVEL Future Fight - 1/6th scale The Punisher (War Machine Armor) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a month of going back and forth on this, I finally pulled the trigger.
Haven't ordered any HT since Tux Joker - and I have been downsizing, hope this will be a keeper.

Thank you. This shows how mature and wise you are. :)

Now I definitely can't speak for Malgus, but for me,
I think this is the best paint deco on WM armor ever, n I am getting this.

Thanks. Yeah, I love the Punisher, love the comic this is based on, and the figure looks badass. Can’t wait for it. Only hard part for me is deciding if I want to display him with or without the helmet. Oh, and the long wait too.

I think this head will be a good replacement for the HT DD Punisher figure. I don't really care for the 'fro Punisher look.

That’s why I was iffy when Jon Bernthal was casted to be Punisher. I’ve always disliked that fro look on the Punisher.

Yeah, I'm actually surprised how many people like him as Punisher. The guy looks and acts like a goof.

So.... how you liking this Punisher figure? Buying it?
I hate the book that featured the armor, but this figure solves two problems for me. It gives me a comic accurate Punisher head, and it gives me a War Machine figure. I never liked Rhodes enough in the books to buy a figure about him (as a longtime Iron Man fan/reader, I hate how he basically took over the role of Happy, made Bethany useless, and erased Stark's relationships with other characters; on top of Rhodes being somehow both a charisma vacuum and a ****), despite the suit being bad-ass, but now I can justify it.

Yeah, I'm actually surprised how many people like him as Punisher. The guy looks and acts like a goof.

He's just too small and "street"-looking to be Frank. Punisher is supposed to be a brick wall with a piercing gaze. A Cold-Blooded, Mafioso Hitman/Operator type. God's honest truth, Kovacs over at Altered Carbon was more of a Punisher than Bernthal.

tumblr_p3n2sljCOM1rjn473o2_500.gif

Now how the hell Mackie is going to pull off the role after Kinnaman, I don't know...

I preordered this figure and can't wait for it to come out. Punisher is still one of my favorite characters. I haven't read any of his books since the end of the max series though.

Except his portrayal of Punisher from the show was a far cry from the actual Punisher from the book. Except in Daredevil season 2. He was full on Punisher in that one.

i mean that’s where most of us started liking him. Punisher season 1 was a fun ride but not really punisher but whatever I still liked it. Season 2 was still not punisher and it was unacceptable at that point. 2 seconds of punisher at the end? That’s bs. So if they recast or reboot at this point I’m fine but I believe berenthal has the acting chops to do a good punisher. As you said, in DD he did fine.

Except his portrayal of Punisher from the show was a far cry from the actual Punisher from the book. Except in Daredevil season 2. He was full on Punisher in that one.

i mean that’s where most of us started liking him. Punisher season 1 was a fun ride but not really punisher but whatever I still liked it. Season 2 was still not punisher and it was unacceptable at that point. 2 seconds of punisher at the end? That’s bs. So if they recast or reboot at this point I’m fine but I believe berenthal has the acting chops to do a good punisher. As you said, in DD he did fine.

The Punisher in the Netflix show just felt like a dumb bruiser. Constantly getting the crap knocked out of him, but winning in the end. Just a tough guy. He was OK, but they can do MUCH better. Bernthal was Ok, but there is definitely someone better out there for a proper MCU Punisher.

Felt more like Rocky Balboa (showing he's tougher than the other guy and can take whatever is dished out) than the cold calculating planning Frank Castle of the comics who is as smart as he is tough and lethal.

Well, tbh, I’ve never cared for the punisher, but Bernthal made me like the punisher.

Yeah same here. I've never been too concerned about comic book accuracy, and think Marvel has generally done a good job reinterpreting some of these characters for the screen. Tony Stark always seemed like a complete stiff in the comics until RDJ came along and made him a lot more fun, and I also loved the way Bernthal brought some humanity to Frank and made him more than just a vengeful killing machine. And when he did unleash and go full psycho on someone it was thrilling as hell to watch (which I admit would have been nice to see a lot more of).

Never had interest in Punisher show. Like the character, but after watching Daredevil I felt they probably would go downhill with the character (which is seems like the did.)

That first episode of Daredevil where the Irish Mob gets unexpectedly annihilated by Punisher was great. No nonsense elimination you would expect.

Solo Punisher is hard to pull-off. He works great as a counter-balance. If they do the Bucky/Falcon show, it would be interesting if the plot is taking down an organization (warehouses/Hydra bases). Have Punisher show up getting convinced by CIA/Hydra Agents the Winter Soldier is destroying US targets, and that he needs to take the Russian immediately. Balance is out with a little Bucky/Falcon humor and off we go.

I hate the book that featured the armor, but this figure solves two problems for me. It gives me a comic accurate Punisher head, and it gives me a War Machine figure. I never liked Rhodes enough in the books to buy a figure about him (as a longtime Iron Man fan/reader, I hate how he basically took over the role of Happy, made Bethany useless, and erased Stark's relationships with other characters; on top of Rhodes being somehow both a charisma vacuum and a ****), despite the suit being bad-ass, but now I can justify it.

He's just too small and "street"-looking to be Frank. Punisher is supposed to be a brick wall with a piercing gaze. A Cold-Blooded, Mafioso Hitman/Operator type. God's honest truth, Kovacs over at Altered Carbon was more of a Punisher than Bernthal.

tumblr_p3n2sljCOM1rjn473o2_500.gif

Now how the hell Mackie is going to pull off the role after Kinnaman, I don't know...

That was such a great scene in AC, and yeah Mackie is not cool enough.

I think you guys really nailed it in some of these comments, as to a big problem I have - aside from overall looks - with Bernthal as The Punisher: he just comes across as some dumb bruiser with no skill, just a comical tolerance to damage. If you take a look at many of the real life high-level Operators, you'd be hard pressed to find guys that are the type to run around shouting and yelling when it comes down to time-on-target. It's simply a cold execution of well-trained protocol.

That was such a great scene in AC, and yeah Mackie is not cool enough.
AC had a cool concept and all, but the changes and the flashbacks killed it. Without Kinaman, I doubt I'll even watch S2.

I think you guys really nailed it in some of these comments, as to a big problem I have - aside from overall looks - with Bernthal as The Punisher: he just comes across as some dumb bruiser with no skill, just a comical tolerance to damage. If you take a look at many of the real life high-level Operators, you'd be hard pressed to find guys that are the type to run around shouting and yelling when it comes down to time-on-target. It's simply a cold execution of well-trained protocol.
Frank does lose his cool and turn into an animal at times, but only in extreme situations. The NF show however just went overboard with the trope and just had him grunting and screaming the whole time. It just wasn't that good of an adaptation, at the end of the day. It'd be like having Wolverine be in Berserker Mode 24/7. By overusing it, you make it lose its cool factor.

Back