1/6 MARVEL Future Fight - 1/6th scale The Punisher (War Machine Armor) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly. If that happened to me, I’d probably react the same way.The fate of the universe means nothing to me if my loved ones are gone. I didn’t fault SL at all for his very human and natural reaction.

Wow. That's pretty over the top selfish. Beyond selfish. You would say well since my family died I will do something to cause the deaths of trillions?

What are people expecting? It's a movie in the serial story telling of a comic series. Certain plot points and beats have to be met. They aren't making Last of the Mohicans or something. I agree though that the reaction was keeping in line with the Star Lord they've built from the beginning. He reacted petulantly like you'd expect. I thought they did a good job of adding emotion to the scene and not making it just a plot point to move the story along. The movie is Infinity War, did you not expect Thanos to get loose from IM's plan?

I didn't expect the poor writing. Starlord's behavior made zero sense but Hollywood always has to force a romance plot into all of these movies and this way their clumsy way of ramming it into this movie. No I didn't expect thanos to lose this early. That would make zero sense. Where exactly did I say that?

Wow. That's pretty over the top selfish. Beyond selfish. You would say well since my family died I will do something to cause the deaths of trillions?

In moments like that you don't think AT ALL period. It's just pure anger. I worked in Fire/EMS for years and i have seen it a hundred times. Think about it. You think your family is fine and asking someone face to face where they are and the next second you find out they killed them. It's a lot to process.

I would want to save the universe but i honestly in that moment I would lose it and i don't get made about anything. key my car, destroy my figures, trash my house and i would be disappointed but kill a loved one for no reason...................sorry universe.

If he had known a couple hours before hand, that is totally different. Then he would have time to process it and pull himself together.

Last edited:
I didn't expect the poor writing. Starlord's behavior made zero sense but Hollywood always has to force a romance plot into all of these movies and this way their clumsy way of ramming it into this movie. No I didn't expect thanos to lose this early. That would make zero sense. Where exactly did I say that?

Wasnt saying you said that exactly. How was it forced and clumsy? The love story has been building since Guardians 1. And didn't that basically happen in the end of the second act/beginning of the third? Just a difference of opinion thats all.

It's an emotional reaction. If you have a child, mother, wife, someone you love and you thought someone had them hidden away someplace and then when you are face to face you find out they killed them you really honestly would not lose it? I know i would and would do far FAR worse than Starlord did.

I would make the Punisher look like a girl scout :lol

Completely agreed! But it’s a movie so there had to be mistakes so the bad guy would come out on top. In reality I feel like star lord would have waited to pull the gauntlet off and then slapped the piss out of thanos. Never thought peter was so stupid but that’s the writers of MCU having to weaken characters to continue the story. I just really hope Ironman/ Thor/ hulk/ captain America are the ones to stop/ kill thanos, not captain marvel.

How did SL’s action make zero sense? The woman he loved got killed and the killer’s right in front of him. Even Tony Stark acted in a fit of rage trying to kill Bucky in CW after finding out Bucky killed his parents. Drax acted out of anger multiple times through out GotG movies and even in IW. They’re very normal human emotional reactions. You act like normal people in real life never acted out of anger before. And besides, Starlord wasn’t to blame for the death of the people, it’s Thanos. SL failed his mission in stopping Thanos, but it’s still the blame is ultimately on Thanos.

How did SL’s action make zero sense? The woman he loved got killed and the killer’s right in front of him. Even Tony Stark acted in a fit of rage trying to kill Bucky in CW after finding out Bucky killed his parents. Drax acted out of anger multiple times through out GotG movies and even in IW. They’re very normal human emotional reactions. You act like normal people in real life never acted out of anger before. And besides, Starlord wasn’t to blame for the death of the people, it’s Thanos. SL failed his mission in stopping Thanos, but it’s still the blame is ultimately on Thanos.

His actions made no sense because he could have waited a few seconds then be could have had Thanos to torture and kill at his lesure. Stupid Hollywood has to force a romantic sub plot into every movie (see Aquaman and the red head chick kissing in the middle of a battlefield among the dead bodies and blood of the dead people) and they are not good enough to do it in a way that makes sense in this movie. I guess that's what happens when you put a weird looking geek in charge.

His actions made no sense because he could have waited a few seconds then be could have had Thanos to torture and kill at his lesure. Stupid Hollywood has to force a romantic sub plot into every movie (see Aquaman and the red head chick kissing in the middle of a battlefield among the dead bodies and blood of the dead people) and they are not good enough to do it in a way that makes sense in this movie. I guess that's what happens when you put a weird looking geek in charge.

You keep on saying that, but still not realizing the EMOTIONAL reaction of SL. If he could have waited rationally, then it wouldn’t be an EMOTIONAL reaction then.

It was an incredibly contrived moment and honestly part of it is because I don’t think gamoras death wasnt done well. The whole thing just felt weird.

Back