Marvel Comics makes Thor a thunder goddess

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the Original Sin book that's out now Thor discovers he has a sister. Don't know what would make Thor give up Mjolnir but I'm guessing she's taking his place. Could have called her something else though instead of making "Thor" a title. What's man-Thor's name going to be now?

:rotfl :rotfl

Um no. Not a fan in the slighted. Make a new name for the character. I don't get this at all. Now we could have a really hot female play this role well but there's no reason for this. One of the worst decisions. Marvel didn't do this for creative reasons. They just wanted to get attention. I'll definitely be protesting this series.

They should change all the male characters to women. That way, their comics will be all **** and ass, all the time.

A true victory for feminism. :lecture

I just read this, seems utterly useless, really one of the worst ideas ever.

Surely if they need to have a female Thor then why not go the same route as Beta Ray Bill & create a new hammer for them.

Ah well I gave up reading current Thor stuff a while back as it just wasn't that good so I'll revert back to all the classics & pretend this isn't happening until the sale figures drop off & they Bring back "Larry Thor"™

Neil

Other than a few Spider-Man, Hulk, and Iron Man issues, I haven't read Marvel comics. This does seem useless. Strange that they would completely erase a character, just like that.

I read Avengers & GotG now & that's it for Marvel the time travelling nonsense & everything else they seem to be doing lately is just too much to bear, not to mention their crossover events means you have to buy about a billion different books (I'm looking at you Infinity & Original Sin) which means that a weekly pull can easily triple or even quadruple when one starts.

I actually read somewhere that Disney have demanded that Marvel have an "Event" every 6 months now & I suspect this is the next build up to that.
I can't see how every 6 months is even remotely a good idea, the strain on the writers to come up with ideas will be mad & eventually they'll run out of good ideas & we'll end up with stuff like this.

That said I do remember that during the Age of Ultron What If run they did give the hammer to Black Widow so it won't be the first time.

Neil

It's temporary people. Thor is no longer worthy of Mjolnir and is now branding an enchanted axe. This chick is worthy and Mjolnir has gone to her. It's a temporary arc.

Not really, Marvel does this stuff all the time with their established characters. They body swapped Doc Ock and Spider-Man for a year (which turned out to be quite good), they've replaced Cap with Falcon and are still calling him Cap, made Thor a woman apparently and are killing Wolverine. Let's not forget about the time traveling paradox of the 1960 X-Men running around in modern times right now as a way to bring Jean back and things like Warren hanging out with himself or Older Scott fighting attractions to barely legal Jean.

Link....?

I liked the female Thor in Earth X and the female stint of Loki.

I'm not sure why some people are so threatened by this move, which will be temporary anyway.

I've been waiting for Doctor Who to be regenerated as a woman, you know it's only a matter of... time.

Me too, but don't tell some older male that, they have a bloody fit.

Well now when SSC releases a sexy new statue of this character husbands will have an easier time saying to their wives, "Hey honey, you wouldn't mind me getting a new Thor statue right?"

There have been no less than FOUR other Thors.... Including a ****ing Frog. A girl isn't that big of a stretch.

That's what I'm thinking. Like I said before, I'll reserve judgement until I read the story.

Link....?

A friend sent me this link & where I read about the news...

[URL="https://kotaku.com/marvels-next-super-hero-surprise-might-be-a-black-capta-1605940332"]Marvel's Next Super-Hero Surprise Might Be A Black Captain America[/url]

inrsh6lyuwfofbpnwrsg.jpg

Back