Mark VII Stealth/Relationship Problems

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you're happy Jeff. :duff

I wonder what her reaction will be when the after market value of your dollies falls off a cliff....

what, no make up sex!?

game-over-man-game-over.jpg

Hey congrats man :hi5:
I'm really happy for you both, and I'm super glad everything worked out for you and I really hope the two of you will be happy together :hi5:
Seems like you are both on the same page now which is always good.

You seemed to have handled it very maturely and so did she, which I admire :duff

Nice work :hi5: I wish you all the best :)

Thanks buddy :) And good luck with you and your gf :hi5:

You all realize this guy pretended to be a mod more than once, right?

He's full of ****. Hell, he might not even have a gf.

I'm glad this is back as a Marvel thread, where it truly belongs, instead of some dump like the sandbox. So aside from showing her your big bucks, was she interested in anything else? Just saying....

You all realize this guy pretended to be a mod more than once, right?

He's full of ****. Hell, he might not even have a gf.

:lol I questioned the story when the UPS driver showed up, then his cousin. :lol

Weak ending though. I expected Downey himself to deliver a figure.

I still think (see my long-ass reply in the last thread) she displays some red flags, but hey, it's your life.

I also think (based only on what you've revealed) that you're both infatuated with each other and like each other a lot, but I'd balk at describing it as "love" as of yet. That's okay; that's how love starts but try to keep some perspective.

I speak as a 42 year old who has lived with three different women and had other girlfriends...err...not at the same time...both good and bad. But you're both still young.

As already discussed, think about how your life "presents" and how you allocate your resources. Don't overdo it on the toys, bla bla bla.

My own girlfriend (soon to be fiancee) is fiscally conservative and has only a passing appreciation (at best) for this hobby of mine.

For four years we've had separate bank accounts and finances, with one joint account for convenience. We help each other when need be, some bills are shared, others our individual responsibility. It works well.

I make sure everything from renovations to vacations are paid first, (fixed expenses goes without saying) and then I go to town on whatever I want after that.

I value experiences over material possessions, and I do keep a strict control over my own collection in that I don't like having too much stuff and will sell off items (even items I like) if I decide something else is more desirable. I would never try to have everything and I definitely appreciate a small collection more than a large one.

So I'm financially responsible, our finances are joint only where necessary, and I take care of "real life" (wine tours, travel, renovations, savings etc.) before I burn the cash on action figures. That's how it works for us.

And make no mistake, I'd give up this hobby in a second if I needed to. My relationship and my life are infinitely more important than anything pop-culture or fandom related. But only for sensible reasons.

I've been getting a lot of questions to my pm box about an update. So I'll go ahead and give one.

Last Wednesday night my gf came back over for us to discuss the situation. And I decided to go into detail about my current finance situation to ensure her that I was not going into debt because of these recent purchases.

So, we sat down right in front of my laptop and I showed her everything...my savings and checkings account and logged into my CC account and showed her my current balance.

Immediately, she was fine with it and apologized for her "outburst" (looking back at it, I don't think it was that big of a deal) she definitely overreacted and could have handled it more maturely, but hey no one is perfect and I get that. And I'm sure she has/will be giving me a couple of passes.

But then I decided to give her a better look at the value of some of these figures (even though I honestly do feel like the value is becoming less and less)

So, I showed her on ebay the listings for several different Hot Toys figures to give her an idea how they can have collectible value.

She was really impressed and was asking a ton of questions about them. I could really tell her stance on them was changing.

I even told her I'm expecting another figure (IM Mark III Diecast) most likely next month, which I already have paid half of the total and told her about FLEXpay.

We just spent all day yesterday together and really had a great time.

I do feel like this whole thing has actually made us closer.

Some of you may think that I shouldn't have given her all of that personal information like I did, but she has expressed to me how she only dates with the purpose of getting married early on when we were dating. Which, I liked and let her know that I was the same way. So that's why I decided it was the best course of action.

You just described a gold digger to a t. The fact that you can write all of this and still miss the fact that all this girl cares about is money blows my mind.

My girlfriend bought a Hulkbuster for me. Because she loves to see me happy. I bought her a ring because she makes me happy (haven't proposed yet.)

Love is happiness. You should never have to explain your finances. Ever. Especially this early on. You're oblivious if you think this is a building block to a strong relationship. If she can't trust you with your finances this early on, something is obviously wrong. (YOUR finances are none of HER business.) Best of luck, though.

You just described a gold digger to a t. The fact that you can write all of this and still miss the fact that all this girl cares about is money blows my mind.

My girlfriend bought a Hulkbuster for me. Because she loves to see me happy. I bought her a ring because she makes me happy (haven't proposed yet.)

Love is happiness. You should never have to explain your finances. Ever. Especially this early on. You're oblivious if you think this is a building block to a strong relationship. If she can't trust you with your finances this early on, something is obviously wrong. (YOUR finances are none of HER business.) Best of luck, though.

Congrats :clap

For me I see 2 sides. It seems like his girl friend grew up kinda poor from reading the earlier post. So she has her mind set to live her future life/married life with someone who can MANAGE finance, doesn't mean he has to be super rich but responsible so thy can have comfortable life. Gold digger seems like person who just wants all the materialistic things she can get from someone, take advantage etc. then again he didn't have to explain all his finances to her as well. Then again, my wife doesnt really care what I buy as long as I'm not going bankrupt over it.

Back