MARK II Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$100 more and it isnt even chromed...

Ugh. When are people going to understand that the Mark 2 was never ever chromed.

The price hike is questionable especially since its the same design and from initial reports at the con, the rivets are stamped....

Mark2Shine7.jpg

The rivets are flat as if punched into the metal to hold the parts together. Looks like this:

mark2-1.jpg

Is more accurate then we've given it credit for. You can also see it in the first frame I posted. Looks like anything done with raised rivets is actually idealized and inaccurate.

The Hot Toys fig turned out accurate then. I honestly thought it was off.

I guess trying to find the right amount of lights/angles and all of them dimmed down will create something similar to the movie effect. I guess I'll need to break out the Christmas lights. :D

Im guessing this bust will go the way of mark III if SS cant give people a little more info to justify the extra $100. Especially since its the EXACT same bust as the last one with an even simpler paint job. Whats the incentive SS :confused:

Chris

Not sure where all the talk is coming from it not being accurate? The Sideshow art team didn't create this bust, the team at Legacy Effects did (formerly Stan Winston Studio)... in other words, the people who designed the actual suits for the film. It came directly from their molds of the actual piece and they oversaw the painting of it as well, and the entire thing was ultimately approved by Marvel.

As for the price, I'm sure it has to do with the limited nature of the piece. Only 100 made, as opposed to many hundreds for the Mark 3. But it sounds like a good question to submit to 'Ask Sideshow' :duff

Not sure where all the talk is coming from it not being accurate? The Sideshow art team didn't create this bust, the team at Legacy Effects did (formerly Stan Winston Studio)... in other words, the people who designed the actual suits for the film. It came directly from their molds of the actual piece and they oversaw the painting of it as well, and the entire thing was ultimately approved by Marvel.

As for the price, I'm sure it has to do with the limited nature of the piece. Only 100 made, as opposed to many hundreds for the Mark 3. But it sounds like a good question to submit to 'Ask Sideshow' :duff

Dusty, what do you think of all the Mark 3 busts defective paintjobs..opinion please.

Dusty, what do you think of all the Mark 3 busts defective paintjobs..opinion please.

Well, since I was only able to get one because of a return for a minor paint defect that I can't even see unless I look at it from a couple inches away, on the back in a crack... I thank whoever returned it from the bottom of my heart :) Seriously, thank you. I couldn't have afforded it otherwise :duff

I think it's totally awesome, takes up the place of honor on top of our subwoofer next to the TV. It's a real attention-getter. Of course, I don't collect because of re-sale potential, so I can't really comment from the perspective of someone who does. I can only have an opinion about my own perspective, which is that it's an awesome piece no matter what! Besides, Iron Man is flying around everywhere getting hit by bullets and rocks and it's impossible to keep his suit shiny and new - so it's actually more accurate with a few dings ;)

As for the more recent cracking paint thread as seen currently in the 'Ask Sideshow' forum - I have no idea what or why that has happened on a few. That's not even close to being my department. I would either call or send that in to the official 'Ask Sideshow' form if you'd like an OFFICIAL answer/addressing of concerns. A message board is not the best way to handle that. :duff

Last edited:
Not sure where all the talk is coming from it not being accurate?

Mainly because people are assuming. People see a few screenshots and think its chrome instead of actually researching. They see a couple of customs and assume something about the rivets. They see a Hasbro toy and wonder where are the yellow markings? Hell I was even mistaken about the rivets until actually looking at screenshots. Also part of it is people talking themselves out of ordering it.

the entire thing was ultimately approved by Marvel.

Ultimately that doesn't fill me with the greatest confidence. I've seen Marvel's approval process and while it is lengthy they are also willing to approve almost everything. I went through it a bit with Master Replicas for the Spider-Man 3 license and all the stuff that was made was done off of conceptuals. That is why Spider-man's Black mini mask is actually grey and Venom looks more out of the comics instead of what you saw in the movies. That is also why the statue they produced had no kind of texture on the black portions. When the final looks of the film came out from Sony, they tried to change it. Multiple times, and Marvel said no. Not Sony, not Columbia or the production team on the actual film but Marvel. They even told them that the piece was inaccurate and they wanted to change it to match what was seen on screen and were told that it already went through the approval process and no changes could be made. How do I know because I was asked to do write ups on the pieces and saw them in development and the final products before they were released. I personally noted the imperfections and confusing inaccuracies and was told the story, multiple times.

I love the House of Ideas but from the short time I was involved in the process it seems like once they rubber stamp something case closed accuracy be damned.

This piece IS accurate as shown via the screenshots I posted so it doesn't fall into the same category but approval from Marvel isn't exactly a clear all.

After seeing the ES, I would say the extra $100 is obvious, whether its a simple redeco or a whole new piece the low numbers equals higher cost.

Ordered. :D

crosses his fingers and hopes that there will be an international version :peace

i really couldn't swing paying international shipping for both this and the Vader Ex bust :monkey2

Last edited:
Mainly because people are assuming. People see a few screenshots and think its chrome instead of actually researching. They see a couple of customs and assume something about the rivets. They see a Hasbro toy and wonder where are the yellow markings? Hell I was even mistaken about the rivets until actually looking at screenshots. Also part of it is people talking themselves out of ordering it.

Ultimately that doesn't fill me with the greatest confidence. I've seen Marvel's approval process and while it is lengthy they are also willing to approve almost everything. I went through it a bit with Master Replicas for the Spider-Man 3 license and all the stuff that was made was done off of conceptuals. That is why Spider-man's Black mini mask is actually grey and Venom looks more out of the comics instead of what you saw in the movies. That is also why the statue they produced had no kind of texture on the black portions. When the final looks of the film came out from Sony, they tried to change it. Multiple times, and Marvel said no. Not Sony, not Columbia or the production team on the actual film but Marvel. They even told them that the piece was inaccurate and they wanted to change it to match what was seen on screen and were told that it already went through the approval process and no changes could be made. How do I know because I was asked to do write ups on the pieces and saw them in development and the final products before they were released. I personally noted the imperfections and confusing inaccuracies and was told the story, multiple times.

I love the House of Ideas but from the short time I was involved in the process it seems like once they rubber stamp something case closed accuracy be damned.

This piece IS accurate as shown via the screenshots I posted so it doesn't fall into the same category but approval from Marvel isn't exactly a clear all.

After seeing the ES, I would say the extra $100 is obvious, whether its a simple redeco or a whole new piece the low numbers equals higher cost.

Ordered. :D

Congrats!
It nice to see a MK II in your collection!

Is there a ship date on this guy?

Need to rephrase. When exactly is 4th quarter?

waitlisted! lol

work + 10 am PPO = assed out.

I wonder how fast this guy will convert with an ES of 100?...might be a long wait. On the other hand, if this isnt numbered (probably wont) im predicting SS will just make more later on based on demand...I mean they got alot of returns to get rid of.

Chris

Back