MARK II Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In reality the Mark 2 is the exact same design as the Mark 3. HT retooled the same design jsut added the rivets and coloring. Koto did the same thing with their bust and statue. All companies have, why would Sideshow be any different even if there wasn't any Mark 3 returns?

Saw it in person today at SDCC. Was kind of disappointed with rivets. Looks like they stamped circles on the bust to make them look like rivets. The rivets on the custom Mark II was a whole lot better:

SDCC90.jpg

Wish Sideshow would of taken the additional effort in creating the Mark II bust, rather than pumping it out using minimal modifications from the Mark III bust.

SS, chrome is different from silver. Mark II has to be chrome instead of silver or it will look like grey. Do me a favour please....:banghead

SS, chrome is different from silver. Mark II has to be chrome instead of silver or it will look like grey. Do me a favour please....:banghead

:lecture:lecture:lecture

That's what I was saying. It looks like a dull silver with glossy clear coat.... The Mike had mentioned that it was supposed to be more of a "brushed metal" look. But it doesn't even look ANYTHING close to that either :confused:

If i can justify putting 2k on that 1:2 IM i would. That thing would look insane in any theater room. the m2 bust doesn't impress me. looks like another failure. i would have assume they would have fixed the wavy/unevenness on the chest. Looks really bad. thats just my 2 cents

The Mark 2 armor is used to be a metal alloy build up of Stark's designs to test the internal components and computer systems newly created. Why the hell would be chrome that especially since the primer over the alloy was gold? The only reason they even built the Mark 3 is because they needed to add the modifications for high altitude flight, etc. On top of it, it was quoted that the look of Mark 2 was to be a pure metal, a look as if it were a kit of some kind done by Stark before he got to and refinished the suit to make the red/gold we all know. The reason it shines so much is because of the lighting in Stark's workshop, when he goes out flying around Los Angeles, the finish is flat.

This opening scene is why people think chrome:

Mark2Shine2.jpg

Mark2shine.jpg

Now if you continue watching that scene you'll see that right outside of the shop in the night sky the finish is obvious, its brushed metal which is just standard metallics just really polished because it picks up the reflections of whatever is shone on it.

Mark2Shine3.jpg

Mark2shine4.jpg

Mark2shine5.jpg

Mark2shine6.jpg

You can even in some shots see the "grain" from the polishing.

Another interesting note is that when you really watch the film you see that the "circular stamps" as someone noted is accurate, take a look at this still:

Mark2Shine7.jpg

The rivets are flat as if punched into the metal to hold the parts together. Looks like this:

mark2-1.jpg

Is more accurate then we've given it credit for. You can also see it in the first frame I posted. Looks like anything done with raised rivets is actually idealized and inaccurate.

Mike, I couldn't agree with you more on the metal finish. Here are pics from the Marvel Booth at SDCC:

SDCC137.jpg

SDCC139.jpg

As for the rivets, Sideshow missed the mark on them. They used a hollow circle stamp to make little circles. The ones from the movie are actually stamped into the metal like you had mentioned, and are almost completely solid with a totally different finish--almost like a circular brushed finished. This in turn creates a substantial contrast, making the rivet stand out a lot more.

I see what you are saying, the circular patterns are actual stamps into the material. Which like you mentioned Turtle which in term should create a small ridge between the standard flat material and the rivet itself. When you brush and polish the metal it creates a different "weave" into the metal which would give it the separate appearance. What I was referring to is the fact that the circular look itself is accurate while many people are asking for 3-D rivets that stick out of the statue and some want the deep recess into the armor like Averone's bust which give the appearance of "dimples" and not exactly the rivet material as seen in the film.

IMG_3341.jpg

In actuality none of those (the released versions in different mediums) are truely accurate they are recessed but not by much with the ridge giving the impression of a deeper sitting than it actually is.

SSC's bust isn't fully accurate but not as inaccurate as some here and on other boards are claiming.

Actually i was watching some of the behind the scenes footage of IM and they specifically said that the rivets on the Mk 2 were not real at all. They did what SS replicated. They just used a tool to stamp it on. I'll be getting this if my wallet is still talking to me after Vader 1:1 and Predalien 1:1

so thats 100 more than before right? these fools :monkey1 :emperor pass then for me :lol

Last edited:
the prics inscreased is to absorb all the returns from the Mark 3 ,of course.

Back