MARK II Life Sized Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks quite nice to me, actually. You can tell that the piece will turn out quite glossy and reflective just by looking at the face mask. I think I side with those who don't care if an MKII product is chromed or not (I really love the HT MKII)

The real MKII suit isn't chrome, anyway. It'd be nice to see if the final bust will feature a bit more brushed metal-esque effects in the paint job.

lolllll :lol @ the guy at Statue Forum who just got his mark 3 bust painted Silver for lots of $$$

why don't people listen?

I called this out towards the beginning of the year...

What's the old saying? "a fool and his money are soon departed"
This was almost a certainly from when they announced the MARK III!

Ok guys! That guy is me! :wave
But Im not sure if its totally fair to say I was a fool!
I have a quality custom product and from the looks of it with better paint up than the MKII from sideshow.
Add to that the fact that Ive been enjoying it in my collection for more than over a year and I have to say I dont regret it.
Now its just money right! Whats it worth if you dont spend it on what you love! And I got plenty to burn where that comes from.
As Mike can tell you, Im a big IM fan so its no big deal whatsoever!
Congrats on all the ones who waited and told me that it was coming! I never listen, Im just a kid in a big toy store! ;)

Ok guys! That guy is me! :wave
But Im not sure if its totally fair to say I was a fool!
I have a quality custom product and from the looks of it with better paint up than the MKII from sideshow.
Add to that the fact that Ive been enjoying it in my collection for more than over a year and I have to say I dont regret it.
Now its just money right! Whats it worth if you dont spend it on what you love! And I got plenty to burn where that comes from.
As Mike can tell you, Im a big IM fan so its no big deal whatsoever!
Congrats on all the ones who waited and told me that it was coming! I never listen, Im just a kid in a big toy store! ;)

Dude, dont worry it was a joke....:peace

Dude, dont worry it was a joke....:peace

It's ok, still got a very nice shiny bust ;)
I will send you some pics of it and you can compare.

IMG_3341.jpg

v5xugo.jpg

averone... there's nothing wrong with the one you got!!! SS's won't be any better... maybe a bit less reflective.

Yup, whenever I look at averone's bust, it looks like it came right out of the movie. The sideshow one looks like a dull silver, who knows maybe the final product will look more chrome but as of right now, av's :rock.

I'm actually glad it isn't chromed. That isn't accurate. The Mark 2 was brushed metal that under certain lighting conditions would resemble a chrome like the lighting in Stark's workshop which are fluorescents but under other conditions like the nightsky look primarily flat or more muted. The paintjob on this probably won't be a brushed metal finish but I'm glad they didn't listen to a minority screaming for chrome and went for a more accurate look and feel.

I agree. I'm hoping it has a bit more shine than the sneak shows but I definitely wouldn't want it chromed.

Seeing it in person looks like they just used the same mold from m3. Still have the wave uneven parts on the chest. only difference is the color and rivets.

Back