Statue Mamegyorai---1/3 scale ALIEN Quadrilogy Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone filmed an unboxing yet? Aside from the company one that was posted...

I want to see how it’s actually packaged.

Ok, your last picture is funny. Looks like either it got hit in the you know what or is constipated, lol.

What I love about the pose is that it seems... dormant.

That was a big quality of it's menace in the film originally (before Cameron came along and made them comic book warriors). That anticipation of it being roused was nerve wracking. Like an unpredictable, wild animal.

That was a big quality of it's menace in the film originally (before Cameron came along and made them comic book warriors). That anticipation of it being roused was nerve wracking. Like an unpredictable, wild animal.

I agree with all of this.

Its a beautiful piece and well done. Congrats to all who love it and are adding it to their collection.

The pose is iconic, but sadly to me (and many others apparently) I can only picture this as the "kicked in the nuts" Alien.

You make good points. I have a Bill Wieger crouching Big Chap model kit that also has a unique pose, so I know what you mean.

Not everybody wants the same ol standing stiff pose.

very beautiful statue.

001.JPG

002.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

008.JPG

010.JPG

014.JPG

017.JPG

I finally caved in and PRE-ORDERED :p.

As a long time ALIEN 1979 fan i would be silly to let this piece pass, it's a must buy.
Surly a GRAIL piece in any collection.

ALIEN :)

Really interested in ordering the Mamegyorai Alien. Saw the prototype in person at SDCC. I was curious if experienced collectors here have any opinion if this piece will hold its value or likely decrease or increase in the years to come? And what do you base your opinion on? I'd also like to hear from collectors why the price on this piece is so high? What justifies this price point? I thank all of you in advance for any information you can give me.

Really interested in ordering the Mamegyorai Alien. Saw the prototype in person at SDCC. I was curious if experienced collectors here have any opinion if this piece will hold its value or likely decrease or increase in the years to come? And what do you base your opinion on? I'd also like to hear from collectors why the price on this piece is so high? What justifies this price point? I thank all of you in advance for any information you can give me.

Hi Ross :) you pose a good question.

In the past we have seen some statues double in value but that's only because the initial purchase prices were more reasonable.

The price of this piece however is already at a premium, a lot for any collector to pay so i cannot see it gaining value quickly.
I feel it will hold it's value well and may gain value slowly as time progresses providing nothing else alike comes along.

Would be good to hear other collectors views.
ALIEN

Smaller company, licensing fees, and lower edition size is all I can think of when it comes to price. I can't see anyone giving over 2K for this on the secondary market unless they REALLY want one.

Smaller company, licensing fees, and lower edition size is all I can think of when it comes to price. I can't see anyone giving over 2K for this on the secondary market unless they REALLY want one.

I agree with both ALIEN and CLUTCH. Also, I'm curious with a lot of people expressing a dissatisfaction with the production line paint app, (I can't blame them), will any of you who buy the statue repaint it to your satisfaction yourself? Curious if someone did a custom paint job on their $2K statue if that custom paint job would automatically affect its resale value?

very beautiful statue.

View attachment 464086

. . .​

Absolutely GORGEOUS.

Thanks so much for the quality pics (to you AND the others who have posted).

I'm not an expert on the A1 design, but this looks stunning/perfect - I sincerely don't understand any of the complaints/concerns :dunno

I wish I could justify the money for this right now, but with a possible $10k USD ($14k Canadian) bill from Infinity Studios & Prime 1 over the next 12 months courtesy of their Predator releases, I'm trying to resist!

SOme interesting pics from FB.. Personaly i prefer the production paint (black lines were too big) than the proto paint. Anyway i've seen some people stating it's not chromed teeth but looks chromed to me. Isn't it???

67819062_10157635661651738_401933497805045760_n.jpg

67806107_10157635661606738_7479216582799917056_n.jpg

68717907_10157635661736738_487895563132469248_n.jpg

We all knew the paint wouldn't hold up on this, it so rarely does. But regardless of that, this thing is glorious! I'm still fighting myself to order one. The pound isn't worth sh** atm however, so even if I do bite, it will have to wait until that has recovered a bit. It's undoubtedly overpriced by a fair whack. But I think I'll regret it down the line if I miss out. Arrrgh.....

Back