Statue Mamegyorai---1/3 scale ALIEN Quadrilogy Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s beautiful, no doubt. But can’t buy them all. I’m sticking with my guns, CoolProps Giger Maquette and Prime 1 Dog Alien for the time being.

I feel your pain. I was prepared to buy this and not the dog but I am slowly leaning toward the dog. Especially with Prime1 big chap coming up. They have the muscle behind the production and may turn out the ultimate version of the big chap. In which case I'll be eating Ramen noodles for a while.

We did? For $2000, I'd have at least expected them to put down the airbrush when getting to the nails. Even NECA uses the right tools on those.

Yeah, then nails on mine will be redone. That is this piece's biggest fail. But overall, yeah, even at 2K, you will NOT get the paint app that the prototype has. So yes, we all knew that.

As far as people holding out on the P1, you guys know that it will be years before it will be in collectors hands...you can enjoy this piece for a couple of years, and decide if you still want to keep it after looking at in-hand pieces of that piece.

Yeah, then nails on mine will be redone. That is this piece's biggest fail. But overall, yeah, even at 2K, you will NOT get the paint app that the prototype has. So yes, we all knew that.

As far as people holding out on the P1, you guys know that it will be years before it will be in collectors hands...you can enjoy this piece for a couple of years, and decide if you still want to keep it after looking at in-hand pieces of that piece.

With Prime 1 looks like it's the case. Even the paint looks better on the production piece at least for the dog. And i suspect it will be the same for the other pieces. Patience will be rewarded

I feel your pain. I was prepared to buy this and not the dog but I am slowly leaning toward the dog. Especially with Prime1 big chap coming up. They have the muscle behind the production and may turn out the ultimate version of the big chap. In which case I'll be eating Ramen noodles for a while.

Yeah, eating crackers for me, lol.

So you say Prime 1 will release a 1/3 Big Chap?

Now you got me thinking about cancelling my CoolProps Giger Maquette... :Flush:lol

Good point. Ok, I’ll continue with the Giger Maquette...one last payment to go...ha...

This one is movie suit accurate. Seams and all.

Thanks
thumb2.gif

We did? For $2000, I'd have at least expected them to put down the airbrush when getting to the nails. Even NECA uses the right tools on those.

Sure, in the sense that most of us in our little Alien & Predator fan club on here have been around long enough to know how this goes. I expected this to be closer to the prototype TBH, especially as you mentioned, due to the cost. But it's never a surprise when they aren't. Prime 1 are the exception here (mostly) I maintain that this thing is far too expensive, especially given how the paint on the production pieces turned out. And yet, I can't help but love it regardless personally. This is the best Alien statue ever made imo. But it certainly makes sense to wait and see what Prime 1 can offer while this one is still readily available.

Good point. Ok, I’ll continue with the Giger Maquette...one last payment to go...ha...

Keep it:) I am a proud owner of the Giger Maquette and it looks absolutely stunning next to the CP bust. I hope Prime 1 will do an excellent job with the big chap but after seeing the busts they announced last year, I am a litle afraid about it...

The CP Giger Maquette is a fenomenal piece! You won’t be dissapointed at all. I am sure that the Mamegyorai one too. No doubt it looks scary and very well detailed...but I prefer the museum pose, it cames with its own case and it is an exact replica of the original suit in switzerland (I visited the museum a few years ago and I have the feeling of having a part of history at home..lo)l.

I had the opportunity to exchange them, paying the difference of course, but I decided to go for the Giger Maquete. I have never regretted making that decision. If you decide to go for one or the other, it will be a WIN for you. Both are awesome!!

The way to display these statues is from the side, I think. I have seen some pictures from the front in both statues, but on my opinion, they look much better if you display them from the side:)

Keep it:) I am a proud owner of the Giger Maquette and it looks absolutely stunning next to the CP bust. I hope Prime 1 will do an excellent job with the big chap but after seeing the busts they announced last year, I am a litle afraid about it...

The CP Giger Maquette is a fenomenal piece! You won?€™t be dissapointed at all. I am sure that the Mamegyorai one too. No doubt it looks scary and very well detailed...but I prefer the museum pose, it cames with its own case and it is an exact replica of the original suit in switzerland (I visited the museum a few years ago and I have the feeling of having a part of history at home..lo)l.

I had the opportunity to exchange them, paying the difference of course, but I decided to go for the Giger Maquete. I have never regretted making that decision. If you decide to go for one or the other, it will be a WIN for you. Both are awesome!!

The way to display these statues is from the side, I think. I have seen some pictures from the front in both statues, but on my opinion, they look much better if you display them from the side:)

I don?t know if you know I posted in the CoolProps Giger Maquette thread...

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180191&page=58

I followed burtial?s and your advice...I paid the last installment and just got it a few days ago...you guys were dead on. Wow, what a statue, it?s spectacular. Like you said, pictures doesn?t do it justice. I love the museum pose...and that cabinet completes its look, awesome.

I prefer to pose it straight front on though, not sideways, ha.

For all those who want a 1/3 Big Chap, my advice is to jump on this and don?t wait on the Prime 1 one. Aside from that one being a few years away, the preview pics has it bending over, argh, why, why, and why, lol. You also mentioned their latest head wall busts. I was waiting for them myself, but I just don?t dig them, the frame is way too stylized, it takes away from the head, too distracting. Too busy. And the other one, the 3D wall art plaque (with all the Aliens bunched up in a collage), that one is very odd. Don?t assume that Prime 1 hits it out if the park every time, it doesn?t.

People criticize the simple black paint app of the CoolProps statue. But look at Prime 1 latest heads wall busts and 3D wall art plaques...they are black too, they lack the Mamegyorai paint app as well.

Having said that, their Dog Alien looks so boss, I want it, badly, lol.

What I recommend is get the CoolProps, enjoy it...and if you still want the Prime 1 version, sell it...then get that one. Or heck, keep both, the more the merrier.

In my case, I?m not selling my CoolProps one, it?s too awesome, it?s a keeper.

Thanks for your influence...

***Wassup with this forum not allowing you to properly write contractions?***

...and going back on topic on the Mamegyorai. Yes, it’s boss, but can’t buy them all. It’s either Mamegyorai or Dog Alien.

You have shipping quote already?

I paid the NRD, just waiting for the request to pay the remaining amount but not heard anything yet, have you?

ALIEN

I didn’t order it. I noticed the box dimensions on the product page so I added it to cart and got the shipping quote at checkout page.

Hey Galastuz! Glad to see you are so happy with your statue:) I prefer display it from the side because is next to the bust and...IT?S SO AWESOME TO DISPLAY THEM TOGETHER!!!between mamegyorai and the dog..I will go for the dog, no doubt...shame I don?t have more place for it! Hope we will get a proper warrior too...display the 3 1/3 aliens would be incredible!!

I don?t know if you know I posted in the CoolProps Giger Maquette thread...

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180191&page=58

I followed burtial?s and your advice...I paid the last installment and just got it a few days ago...you guys were dead on. Wow, what a statue, it?s spectacular. Like you said, pictures doesn?t do it justice. I love the museum pose...and that cabinet completes its look, awesome.

I prefer to pose it straight front on though, not sideways, ha.

For all those who want a 1/3 Big Chap, my advice is to jump on this and don?t wait on the Prime 1 one. Aside from that one being a few years away, the preview pics has it bending over, argh, why, why, and why, lol. You also mentioned their latest head wall busts. I was waiting for them myself, but I just don?t dig them, the frame is way too stylized, it takes away from the head, too distracting. Too busy. And the other one, the 3D wall art plaque (with all the Aliens bunched up in a collage), that one is very odd. Don?t assume that Prime 1 hits it out if the park every time, it doesn?t.

People criticize the simple black paint app of the CoolProps statue. But look at Prime 1 latest heads wall busts and 3D wall art plaques...they are black too, they lack the Mamegyorai paint app as well.

Having said that, their Dog Alien looks so boss, I want it, badly, lol.

What I recommend is get the CoolProps, enjoy it...and if you still want the Prime 1 version, sell it...then get that one. Or heck, keep both, the more the merrier.

In my case, I?m not selling my CoolProps one, it?s too awesome, it?s a keeper.

Thanks for your influence...

***Wassup with this forum not allowing you to properly write contractions?***

Back