Statue Mamegyorai---1/3 scale ALIEN Quadrilogy Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t know...the Mamegyorai‘s paint looks underwhelming in this video (not quite the wow factor of the advertised pictures)...maybe is the lighting...

Seeing it on video...I prefer the CoolProps Giger Maquette...which has the museum pose, has a nice cabinet...and cheaper priced...

So should I buy the dog or the big chap? ��

Get both through Flex Payments.

Don’t wait on the Prime 1 Big Chap. I’m hearing they are going 1/4 scale...not 1/3, that would suck.

Plus, down the line...if Prime 1 does produce an awesome 1/3 Big Chap...you can always sell the CoolProps one.

Jesus, that thing is huge!
I can see that the paint apps aren't as amazing as the proto, but IMHO this is by far the most accurate and detailed representation of Giger's alien ever produced...

Get both through Flex Payments.

Don’t wait on the Prime 1 Big Chap. I’m hearing they are going 1/4 scale...not 1/3, that would suck.

Plus, down the line...if Prime 1 does produce an awesome 1/3 Big Chap...you can always sell the CoolProps one.

Don't know where you've heard that as they said they're doing a warrior in 1/3 "companion piece" for the Dog.. and they apparently got also a 1/4 Warrior on the work.. Would be weird they don't produce a 1/3 Big Chap. We should have the response in October as they said they won't put the warrior on PO before the Big Chap..

Regarding the mame piece. The sculpt looks amazing very beautiful. Not sure this is the most accurate but definitely the most beautifull xeno ever made viewed by our collective unconscious. Knowing the one from Prime 1 will be made by he same sculptor i don't care about this one, prefer to save money for the prime 1 big chap

Jesus, that thing is huge!
I can see that the paint apps aren't as amazing as the proto, but IMHO this is by far the most accurate and detailed representation of Giger's alien ever produced...

Absolutely agree

The sculpt of the Mamegyorai Big Chap is indeed amazing. Have a look at these comparisons:

Sideshow - Big Chap
- Fewest Details
- Average Paint job (today's standard)
- Still loving this statue very much

Sideshow_BigChap_Head.jpg
Sideshow_BigChap_Foot.jpg

Prime 1 - Alien Dog
- Good Detail but by fair not as sharp as Mamegyorai
- Awesome Paint job
- A master piece

Prime1_AlienDog_Head.jpg
Prime1_AlienDog_Foot.jpg

Mamegyorai - Big Chap
- Details are off the chart
- Paint job is very good but as said earlier, Prototype looked a bit better IMHO
- Also a master piece

Mamegyorai_BigChap_Head.jpg
Mamegyorai_BigChap_Foot.jpg

Looks more massive, and heavier, than I was expecting given the basic measurements. Even the box is considerably larger than I what I expected. The paint job is a little more airbrushed-obvious than I would have liked, but I'm sure that criticism would mostly melt away in person.
Dome looks secure enough to me, held in place by gravity as well as some snug fitting at strategic points. Don't see any need for tape, unless there is a lot more variance there across the run (which I doubt).

Had this been about $600 less, I don't think I could have resisted, especially not after watching that video.

Alas, my budget for this has been spread to two other 1/3 characters for not all that much more. But I do think it looks magnificent for anyone lucky, and single-minded enough, to get it.

Which Sideshow Big Chap is that? Doesn’t look like the new Giger Maquette...starting with that base. It also seems to be looking down...not face up, museum style...

And it’s the Giger one really black?

It looks like a model kit...look at that opened crease in the middle of the foot...

attachment.php

It is their latest maquette. It looked okay at the time, but pales in comparison to both Cool props and Mamegyorai's. As does even the CM imo.....

Is that really the CoolProps Giger Maquette?

Because if it is...I’m cancelling it right now. I have one more Flex payment to go. The detail is hideous.

I’ll use that money for the Dog Alien instead.

Not getting the Mame, too expensive, not crazy about the bending pose (I mean, it’s interesting, but I want to see it’s face straight on)...and thought the paint was going to be more spectacular, like the prototype.

It is their latest maquette. It looked okay at the time, but pales in comparison to both Cool props and Mamegyorai's. As does even the CM imo.....

Can you give me a direct link? I’m getting confused here. I have the CoolProps Giger Maquette on Flex Pay.

Which exactly is that hideous figure?

Is that really the CoolProps Giger Maquette?

Because if it is...I’m cancelling it right now. I have one more Flex payment to go. The detail is hideous.

I’ll use that money for the Dog Alien instead.

Not getting the Mame, too expensive, not crazy about the bending pose (I mean, it’s interesting, but I want to see it’s face straight on)...and thought the paint was going to be more spectacular, like the prototype.

Don't get your panties in a wad:

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...hap-1-4-maquette-sideshow-collectibles.18240/

Well THANK GAWD!!!

I don’t know why that one was posted and compared to the others, it’s an older piece...and practically irrelevant to this thread.

I want to see the current side by side comparisons of the CoolProps Giger Maquette, the Prime 1 Dog, and the Mame. I don’t want to see an older piece. In that case, post the bloody Alien Kenner from 1979 then, lol...

Having said that...I wouldn’t mind owning that older Sideshow one. Sure, detail is lacking...but love the Nosferatu pose for some reason...and ugly or not...it’s a sought after piece...like the Cinemaquette one.

Ok, your last picture is funny. Looks like either it got hit in the you know what or is constipated, lol.

But the detail is awesome...the paint under the right lighting is boss. But you are right about the hard black line around the base of the dome...it’s too sharp...it contrasts the rest of the soft paint scene too much. I do like the clear dome though.

Back