Statue Mamegyorai---1/3 scale ALIEN Quadrilogy Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they are worried about breakage. The dome would never completely fall off either, it’s hooked onto the back of the skull.

I would assume they don't want to ship the statue with the dome attached for fear of breakage, so it's securely packed separately. If I were to buy this, I would certainly glue the front, but I guess Mamegyorai would be hesitant to recommend that and then have to deal with disgruntled owners who messed up and got glue all over the statue...
In any case, this seems to be a very delicate piece. Museum quality, and should be treated as such.

In any case, this seems to be a very delicate piece. Museum quality, and should be treated as such.

Complete with the kind of solution an underpaid museum employee would come up with 10 minutes before opening the exhibit.

81-NOWjAxYL._SX425_.jpg

Tape does go bad over time and you end up with a sticky mess.

If the Prime1 dog wasn't less, I wouldn't be so conflicted. Lol!

The paint is soft when you go back and look at the proto. And that big gash in the paint on the back! I'm really not bashing, just a little disappointed.

Wow, the paint app is terrible on this. Looks like a washed out Sideshow piece! Very disappointed in the final piece. The prototype really made me feel like this was going to be a home run all the way around, with the dedication and passion that went into researching it. This piece in the hands of someone who could paint it like the prototype and glue the dome on (screw that tape) would be a masterpiece. Truly the best part about this piece is the sculpt.

Got mine just now and indeed, the pain job is in some places is a bit underwhelming. Some areas used a bit too much paint and overall the statue appears a bit darker than previously promoted. Detail-wise, it's the best I have seem so far, beating even the Prime 1 Alien Dog.

The only concern I have with this statue is the dome. It's made of vinyl or so and you need to heat it up, put it in place and let it cool down until it fits perfectly, which was a bit scary to be honest. I just hope this solution with the dome will work out in the long run.

DSC_0240.jpg
DSC_0240a.jpg
DSC_0241.jpg
DSC_0242.jpg
DSC_0244.jpg
DSC_0245.jpg
DSC_0246.jpg
DSC_0247.jpg
DSC_0252.jpg

Hard to say...both statues are exceptional. The dog had no flaws, at least none I could find. The big chap is so detailed but the paint job could be slightly better I think. Plus the time will tell about the dome...

So with the dome being vinyl they could have glued it on and not worried about it breaking...

Seems like more bang for your buck with the dog. It's funny. My wife commented the other day how she loves my MBP Dog so she would flip her **** if I bought the P1 to replace it. lol!

So should I buy the dog or the big chap? ��

Wait on Prime1’s Big Chap. These will be available for quite some time and so far, for what we’ve seen in hand, they haven’t blown us away. I suspect the Prime1 Big Chap will however be unbelievable and worth the wait.

I think we all can find something critical to say about any piece. Regardless, I am looking forward to receiving mine.

Congrats to those who already have this in hand!
While it does look like some of the paint apps are a but soft, it still looks like the best statue of the Giger alien ever produced.
It looks beautiful.

The airbrushing on the claws/nails is a little underwhelming. You'd think they'd have just painted silver or chrome with a standard brush to get a clean separation between claw and finger. As it stands, it looks like something Bandai would do on a 6" Godzilla. Overall it's quite nice, but man, they really didn't flex all their muscles with this.

Back