Major League Baseball 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the fans are happily singing along to Sweet Caroline at the moment.:banghead God do I hate the pink hat fans that still fill Fenway. I suppose after this year it'll no longer be the cool thing to go to Fenway and I'll be able to get tix at decent prices again.

So what are pink hat fans? Are those the folks that go there because it's the cool thing to do and the place to be seen, yet don't really care about the outcome?

Did I ask this before....did you keep the wheaties in it?

Yep, it's still in there. :lol

That's okay, right? :monkey3

I still have my '04 and '07 boxes. I ate the Wheaties.:lol

:lol

did you feel like a champion afterwards? :lol
(thats the slogan, right?!? i dont remember its been so long since i had wheaties)

So what are pink hat fans? Are those the folks that go there because it's the cool thing to do and the place to be seen, yet don't really care about the outcome?

Yep, it's still in there. :lol

That's okay, right? :monkey3

do you have an extra? i wonder what 20+ yr old wheaties taste like. :lol

my two '06 boxes are the only ones i haven't eaten. maybe in 2016 i may crack it open...like wedding cake or something.

pink hat fans sounds like cubs fans. :monkey3

You hit the nail right on the head. They're there to drink beer, text, try get the camera's attention, and sing Sweet Caroline.

Local radio has had field day with these "fans" with the ask a pink hat segment. Usually 20 something women who claim to be "die-hard" Sox fans.

Who is the guy who call balls and strikes?
PH: The mounter

What position does Dustin Pedroia play?
PH: Pitcher? (after claiming he was her favorite player and wearing his t-shirt)

What team did the Red Sox just play?
PH: The Lakers (Right after she attended a game in which they faced the Angels)

What shape is the infield?
PH: An octagon?

What team did Ted Williams play for?
PH: The Yankees?

:duh

do you have an extra? i wonder what 20+ yr old wheaties taste like. :lol

my two '06 boxes are the only ones i haven't eaten. maybe in 2016 i may crack it open...like wedding cake or something.

I just shook the box. At least it hasn't turned to dust.

You know, if those Wheaties were Cocoa Krispies, I would have shoveled them down on day 1. :love :lol

And the fans are happily singing along to Sweet Caroline at the moment.:banghead God do I hate the pink hat fans that still fill Fenway. I suppose after this year it'll no longer be the cool thing to go to Fenway and I'll be able to get tix at decent prices again.

I've got to hand it to that smooth operator Theo Epstein. He left this team in a complete ____ing mess and bolted town. Now he's in charge of a team that can suck and the fans will happily lap up whatever he says since he can just flash those 2 nice rings.

The Red Sox are a complete mess right now. I blame alot of it on ownership more than Theo. They were the ones that wouldn't reel in Theo's free spending habits during the offseason and it's complete bull____ with the way they handled Francona. I really don't think Bobby Valentine was Cherington's call...I thnk the team has too many cooks in the kitchen and ownership pushed for this managerial experiment to take place.

The Red Sox are a complete mess right now. I blame alot of it on ownership more than Theo. They were the ones that wouldn't reel in Theo's free spending habits during the offseason and it's complete bull____ with the way they handled Francona. I really don't think Bobby Valentine was Cherington's call...I thnk the team has too many cooks in the kitchen and ownership pushed for this managerial experiment to take place.

plus Valentine is an idiot, so that doesnt help

It really looks like the Twins were the right medicine for what was ailing the Sox.:lol

Sorry, Six.:duff

i keep waiting for the Rangers to cool down but they just keep going...save some of it for the end of the year, boys!

Not to be confused with 86 years of Red Sox choking between World Series championships. :wave

That's different. That was a curse.

Besides, winning one is all that counts. Doesn't matter how many or how long between them. Winning one is all that matters and Texas has yet to do that. Can't even do it when all it takes is ONE strike.

That's different. That was a curse.

Besides, winning one is all that counts. Doesn't matter how many or how long between them. Winning one is all that matters and Texas has yet to do that. Can't even do it when all it takes is ONE strike.

If you buy into that curse crap than you're more irrational than I thought. But I guess 86 years of choking will do that to a person.

Funny, win a World Series for the first time in 86 years and guys like you come out of the woodwork and act all high and mighty.

There are 3 cities I dislike in sports. New York, Boston and Philadelphia. Not because of their teams but their fanbase. The majority of their fanbases need to get a grip on reality. The sports world doesn't revolve around you. It's funny, your Sox got off to a 4-10 start and Red Sox nation is having a meltdown (before playing the Twins).

Damn, do I like dislike knee jerk, illogical fans. Sheesh!

And I'm not a Rangers fan either.

Contrary to what you may think, I'm not a wacko Red Sox fan.

A) I was being funny with the curse comment.

B) I don't find the Red Sox or myself mighty at all. I just like them.

C) I do not think the world of sports revolves around any city.

D) I was poking fun at the Rangers fans because of their inability to win a World Series having gone twice in a row.

I hate it when people on websites jump other peoples ass for razzing someone else. Take one post and form an entire opinion about someone and assume you have them pegged. Chill the ____ out.

I hate it when people on websites jump other peoples ass for razzing someone else. Take one post and form an entire opinion about someone and assume you have them pegged. Chill the ____ out.

Look at your post #215 and the choking comment. You were called out on it. Nothing more or less.

I'll always call out non-objective homers like you.

Thanks for contributing and off to the Star Wars forum you go. :wave

Back