Major League Baseball 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw this from the other night.

Jamie Moyer became the oldest pitcher to get a win at age 49 for the Colorado Rockies.

The guy started his career in 1986 with 2 years remaining in the Reagan presidency. :google

But here's the best tidbit I heard on Espn radio. Elias sports bureau reports that Moyer has pitched to 8% of all players who have played in MLB history! That's just amazing! :google

I'll always have '87 & '91. :yess:

Hey gibby, refresh my memory. Which MLB team do you root for?

Those were awesome years!

2011 World Series Champs and losers to your '87 stud of a team Twins! :lol

Just saw this from the other night.

Jamie Moyer became the oldest pitcher to get a win at age 49 for the Colorado Rockies.

The guy started his career in 1986 with 2 years remaining in the Reagan presidency. :google

But here's the best tidbit I heard on Espn radio. Elias sports bureau reports that Moyer has pitched to 8% of all players who have played in MLB history! That's just amazing! :google

Holy crap!!! 8%?!?! :lol
Has to be a record, right?

Had to check it out, as I started thinking who else would have been that close to the number, not the %. One name came to mind - Ryan. He was with 4 teams/2 leagues in 27 seasons. Just amazing both of those guys.

EDIT - dang it! forgot the link - Jamie Moyer has pitched to a ton of different people

I got Moyer's auto during (I think) his rookie season on a Chicago Cubs stadium released baseball card. I was always soooo close to tossing it. Kind of cool to have kept it now. :lol

Last edited:
Watching the Fenway 100th birthday right now. I'm shocked they got as many old players to come back as they did. Less shocked that Jose Canseco was free.

It's funny how Buckner gets ovations now and Clemens can't even step foot in the building. Things change.

Those were awesome years!

2011 World Series Champs and losers to your '87 stud of a team Twins! :lol

Holy crap!!! 8%?!?! :lol
Has to be a record, right?

Had to check it out, as I started thinking who else would have been that close to the number, not the %. One name came to mind - Ryan. He was with 4 teams/2 leagues in 27 seasons. Just amazing both of those guys.

EDIT - dang it! forgot the link - Jamie Moyer has pitched to a ton of different people

Thanks for the link. Such an amazing stat.

I still have the '87 Twins Wheaties box. :lol :rock

images

Watching the Fenway 100th birthday right now. I'm shocked they got as many old players to come back as they did. Less shocked that Jose Canseco was free.

It's funny how Buckner gets ovations now and Clemens can't even step foot in the building. Things change.

It must be difficult to see Bobby Valentine as your manager. Someone needs to smack the smug look off his face.

The man thinks he reinvented baseball. Dustin Pedroia had a great line about Valentine saying, "maybe that's how they did things in Japan...."

:lol:rotfl:lol:lol

I don't really think he swung at the last pitch. If he wouldn't have stopped to argue he may have beat out Pierzynski.:lol

Oh well, good for Humber.

Looked like he went far enough to me. All the bat has to to is break the front part of the plate.

21B. Maybe umpires felt they owed pitchers after the bull____ that was Armando Galarraga and his close to perfect game.

That was awful. His one shot of glory was stolen from him. I believe Armando is in the minors right now.

No, just going by the one we've seen. It looks like he goes just past the front of the plate. He might not have once we see more angles but it looked like to me he did.

Yeah, it's tough to tell. Impressive none the less.

wow....Red Sox just blew an 8 run lead

Actually 9. Unbelivable what's happening in Boston right now. 14 unanswered runs for the Yanks. :google

wow....Red Sox just blew an 8 run lead

And the fans are happily singing along to Sweet Caroline at the moment.:banghead God do I hate the pink hat fans that still fill Fenway. I suppose after this year it'll no longer be the cool thing to go to Fenway and I'll be able to get tix at decent prices again.

I've got to hand it to that smooth operator Theo Epstein. He left this team in a complete ____ing mess and bolted town. Now he's in charge of a team that can suck and the fans will happily lap up whatever he says since he can just flash those 2 nice rings.

Thanks for the link. Such an amazing stat.

I still have the '87 Twins Wheaties box. :lol :rock

images

Did I ask this before....did you keep the wheaties in it?

'87 and the '91 boxes were some of my favorite in my collection. Just love good baseball teams in general I guess.

The perfect game today - Any of the Cards fans get flashbacks from Ryan's reaction at the end of the game?!?! :lol

Heard a tidbit that the Mets have never had a no hitter, but they've now had like 6 or 7 ex-Mets have a no hitter.

Back