Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know they did that with the P1 Hush Batman, have the cape touch the base for support

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I think that's what actually kept the OG Batman PF (as well as the Modern Age version) from leaning back like the OG Superman PF. I'm pretty sure it's by accident and not by design like Hush Batman, but a tip of the Batman PF's cape eventually touches the back of the gargoyle base, therefore providing support. I said "eventually" as that tip didn't touch the base within the first few days of display.

I think that's what actually kept the OG Batman PF (as well as the Modern Age version) from leaning back like the OG Superman PF. I'm pretty sure it's by accident and not by design like Hush Batman, but a tip of the Batman PF's cape eventually touches the back of the gargoyle base, therefore providing support. I said "eventually" as that tip didn't touch the base within the first few days of display.
Mine actually never touched [emoji38] It was only the large key in to the body of the statue at the neck/chest and that was it. Very strong, no lean, very heavy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

:lecture ^^^this. The only reason I care about ES is that it would be nice if my statue kept its value. I bought EX Phoenix & the Hulk maquette knowing they would have a massive ES, but if I know I can pick up a statue with a high ES after release and save $100...why would I preorder?

That's how I feel.

Sorry, but I'm not going not to pre-order a piece that I know has a grossly inflated cost and ES. If I like it that much, I'll wait for eBay and save a few hundred bucks or more. I'm not going to be stupid with my money. I work hard for it.

On some of my pieces, I buy them and get 'tired' of them. When I go to sell them, I want to know that I'm at least going to get my money back. If the market is commanding more, great. If not, I knew the risks, I'm not going to jump up and down about it.

So getting back to ESs though, I like knowing I have a piece that's limited. Some of these pieces nowadays have an ES of 1000-1500. So when a piece comes along with a small ES despite a surprisingly large demand, it's is really refreshing. The truth is it makes me appreciate it more. A great example is TOT. I wasn't keen on it at first. I thought it was beautiful and I wanted it, but the cost was a bit hard to swallow. Then they announces the ES. People created more buzz. That 'hype' pushed me into getting it. And now that I have it in hand, no regrets and it's not going anywhere.

That's how I feel.

Sorry, but I'm not going not to pre-order a piece that I know has a grossly inflated cost and ES. If I like it that much, I'll wait for eBay and save a few hundred bucks or more. I'm not going to be stupid with my money. I work hard for it.

On some of my pieces, I buy them and get 'tired' of them. When I go to sell them, I want to know that I'm at least going to get my money back. If the market is commanding more, great. If not, I knew the risks, I'm not going to jump up and down about it.

So getting back to ESs though, I like knowing I have a piece that's limited. Some of these pieces nowadays have an ES of 1000-1500. So when a piece comes along with a small ES despite a surprisingly large demand, it's is really refreshing. The truth is it makes me appreciate it more. A great example is TOT. I wasn't keen on it at first. I thought it was beautiful and I wanted it, but the cost was a bit hard to swallow. Then they announces the ES. People created more buzz. That 'hype' pushed me into getting it. And now that I have it in hand, no regrets and it's not going anywhere.

Great Post

I kinda feel the same way. It all depends on the statue itself. I know the lower the ES and popularity the better return.

Certain pieces I’m not to bothered about like ToT I would keep regardless the return. Also the Wolf Predator didn’t even have an ES but sells for a lot in the open market. I’m more choosy with statues so me buying 4 a year is a lot. While others buy 4 a month lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Prime 1 has low ES on their statues, the new 52 EXs being 500, even some of their 1/3 being around 1000 max, does that mean their statues retail value? Or is the ES number variable depending on popularity of the statue/character or the scale? Trying to think if I want to hop out of 1/3 scale given that some 1/4 reveals have been looking very promising in the future, if I can at least get back what I paid for given these are higher priced.

I think popularity rules over edition size. Take into account the actual quality of the piece also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thinking of more potential x men villains for this ‘sentinel’ line of statues and I couldn’t believe Sideshow hasn’t done a Juggernaut yet. They did a maquette from the movie but nothing comic based! Could you imagine a Thanos size monster Juggernaut?!? :horror

I thinking of more potential x men villains for this ‘sentinel’ line of statues and I couldn’t believe Sideshow hasn’t done a Juggernaut yet. They did a maquette from the movie but nothing comic based! Could you imagine a Thanos size monster Juggernaut?!? :horror
Theres no price I wouldnt pay for a 1/4 juggernaut

:goodpost: That'd be pretty sick. If he were 1/4 scale, would he be that size? Definitely bigger than Bane I would guess

I’d say at least Bane size, but he is quite a bit thicker. He’s more per portioned to Thanos’ build.

I just hope they don’t make him all squatty like Abomination and Rhino. I’d rather see him standing up a bit more straight or with only a slight crunching forward motion. Ex predicably being an unmasked head.

Make it so Sideshow! I’d love to see him and Cyclops being next.

I’d say at least Bane size, but he is quite a bit thicker. He’s more per portioned to Thanos’ build.

I just hope they don’t make him all squatty like Abomination and Rhino. I’d rather see him standing up a bit more straight or with only a slight crunching forward motion. Ex predicably being an unmasked head.

I dare say I'd like to see the same pose that they used for the movie maquette. :lecture

And I'm right there with you on a new Cyclops. I'd also love an all-resin Iceman, but I'm sure that won't happen.

Yes yes yes.. he fits in great with spidey/venom and wolverine/magneto. Would be a great bridge between all of SS's recent PF's.

I dare say I'd like to see the same pose that they used for the movie maquette. :lecture

And I'm right there with you on a new Cyclops. I'd also love an all-resin Iceman, but I'm sure that won't happen.

You know what, I’d be fine with a similar pose as well. I feel that old movie statue feels a bit stiff though. Hopefully something a bit more of a natural running charge could be done now.

And I think a slightly translucent Iceman could beautiful piece. I’d probably take him after a Cyclops in this line as him freezing a sentinel leg could look pretty cool :monkey3

You know what, I’d be fine with a similar pose as well. I feel that old movie statue feels a bit stiff though. Hopefully something a bit more of a natural running charge could be done now.

And I think a slightly translucent Iceman could beautiful piece. I’d probably take him after a Cyclops in this line as him freezing a sentinel leg could look pretty cool :monkey3

I agree on the stiffness, after looking at the maquette again. There's room for improvement.

If you campaign for Iceman, I'll campaign for Cyclops. :lecture :yess:

Visually, I think iceman would be the better statue. Lots of cool ice effects could be done. Prime1’s Mr Freeze turned out great, but I think an iceman could turn out better.

Cyclops is kind of needed as the team leader and if this turns out to be a full line and not just two pieces, he’d be needed to complete the team- whatever that roster is. I’m not the biggest fan of the Astonishing X-Men outfits (90’s Jim Lee/cartoon has always been my default X-Men looks) so if they keep those I hope they stay away from whatever the heck Cat Beast was wearing. Pants that went to his armpits? :lol

Frankly, I’d really like to see a Professor X PF to face of with Magneto. Problem is Professor X has never been a visually great character for Toys and statues. Done wrong and he just looks like he has a headache and is ready for a nap.

Visually, I think iceman would be the better statue. Lots of cool ice effects could be done. Prime1’s Mr Freeze turned out great, but I think an iceman could turn out better.

Cyclops is kind of needed as the team leader and if this turns out to be a full line and not just two pieces, he’d be needed to complete the team- whatever that roster is. I’m not the biggest fan of the Astonishing X-Men outfits (90’s Jim Lee/cartoon has always been my default X-Men looks) so if they keep those I hope they stay away from whatever the heck Cat Beast was wearing. Pants that went to his armpits? :lol

Frankly, I’d really like to see a Professor X PF to face of with Magneto. Problem is Professor X has never been a visually great character for Toys and statues. Done wrong and he just looks like he has a headache and is ready for a nap.

I never thought about that before, but you're right. :lol Now I won't be able to get that out of my head.

I think if Wolverine is the start of a new line (which I think someone here said Sideshow eluded to), I think they're off to a great start. I agree that Cyclops will definitely be needed, especially given his importance - and I hope they really make it a 'home run'. I'd also like them to visit some X-Men that Sideshow hasn't made yet - one in particular is Jubilee (because of the 90s TV show that you mentioned - I loved that show.)

The Prime 1 Freeze is ridiculously beautiful. I'm not a huge, huge Batman fan, but even I want that one.

Sorry about that. But it is kind of true because he inevitably has his hand(s) by his head to emphasize his psychic powers. If his teeth are gritted it could easily go into headache territory if not done right:lol

Igo did mention in Magneto’s Sideshow live that they have a full sentinel designed in case they need it for future characters to be tearing thru, so I think that was the hint there could be more than these two. I think Jubilee would be a good addition too. I still love those 90’s cartoons. From Batman to X-men the 90’s were a great era for superhero cartoons.

Sorry about that. But it is kind of true because he inevitably has his hand(s) by his head to emphasize his psychic powers. If his teeth are gritted it could easily go into headache territory if not done right:lol

Igo did mention in Magneto’s Sideshow live that they have a full sentinel designed in case they need it for future characters to be tearing thru, so I think that was the hint there could be more than these two. I think Jubilee would be a good addition too. I still love those 90’s cartoons. From Batman to X-men the 90’s were a great era for superhero cartoons.

That's good to know about the line. I hadn't heard Igo's comments about that.

Those cartoons were so goooooddd. Aside from those two, you got Spider-Man, Superman TAS, JL and a few others that I'm forgotting, but man, they were good. Nostalgia overload.

Is Storm a viable option to be another piece in this line? I don't know how she is nowadays but back when I was reading she was the leader of the Gold team (Cyclops with the blue) and maybe they can do something nice with lightning that they could use with their eventual Flash statue

I wouldn’t see why not. I’d think Storm is one of the more popular female characters. In fact, I’d say she is more likely than others if the want to incorporate their unique power into destroying a sentinel.

Do you know what happens to a sentinel when it is stuck by lightning? Same thing that happens to everything else:lol

Oh Halle.... :lol :lol :hi5:

tenor.gif
6b888124ec22d12ae27430cc5b2c8d27d0cc5e5e_hq.gif
storm-x-men.gif

5827027-200.gif
giphy.gif

Back