Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, I like flapping in the wind poses. I almost got the Suicide Squad Batman because he came with a pose-able cape but I was analyzing it and where the wires were and ended up passing because it didn't look like you can get that flapping in the wind shot, only the "cape spread wide like a bat" that they showed in the photos. I'm thinking about getting a wired cape for the QS001 and DX12 to get similar poses to Doom.

How do you like the QS Hot Toys? Do you have the Joker one? I've always been tempted by that one, but I think price is astronomical now.

How do you like the QS Hot Toys? Do you have the Joker one? I've always been tempted by that one, but I think price is astronomical now.

I pre-ordered the Joker, still not sure about the Begins one yet but maybe since I've been getting rid of some of the 1/6 ones. I still think it looks amazing, the Bruce head is the best one and thus on display for me, sure it has little things here and there like the ab section sticking out a bit but when you're not up close or holding it, you hardly notice it. I passed on the PFs because I didn't like the poses on them, almost bought the Batman one though but I liked and was happy with the QS001 more. Yeah, HT prices have been going up so I've been cutting down on them and restricting my collection to just TDK, Star Wars, and Cap and even cutting down on those themselves so as not to need every single piece.

I pre-ordered the Joker, still not sure about the Begins one yet but maybe since I've been getting rid of some of the 1/6 ones. I still think it looks amazing, the Bruce head is the best one and thus on display for me, sure it has little things here and there like the ab section sticking out a bit but when you're not up close or holding it, you hardly notice it. I passed on the PFs because I didn't like the poses on them, almost bought the Batman one though but I liked and was happy with the QS001 more. Yeah, HT prices have been going up so I've been cutting down on them and restricting my collection to just TDK, Star Wars, and Cap and even cutting down on those themselves so as not to need every single piece.

Oh, shoot. I'm confusing the two. I'm thinking the DX 1/6th Joker. I forgot the QS Joker is still on PO.

But still just looked. That price tag is WOWeeeee.

Is there a QS Bats on PO?? That one came out a while ago, no?

Last edited:
Oh, shoot. I'm confusing the two. I'm thinking the DX 1/6th Joker. I forgot the QS Joker is still on PO.

But still just looked. That price tag is WOWeeeee.

Is there a QS Bats on PO?? That one came out a while ago, no?

I wish Sideshow could tral

Yeah, about $75 more I think. It's almost the amount that statues are just as The Batman was when it released, but I figured you have a couple of options for posing so I said what the hell. I see some people selling him for like $700 now :lol crazy, doubt anyone would want to pay that much but maybe they get lucky. The Mk42 QS I almost got because it looks brilliant. Sucks that HT prices went up, some of their figures now I feel should be below the $200 mark but it is what it is, their business got bigger with more buyers and they can afford to profit more now with their huge customer base. Realizing i really late now but I think if a piece is really expensive, it better be damn well worth that money :lol The Begins QS is on PO as well, revealed with the QS Joker at SDCC this year.

Yeah, about $75 more I think. It's almost the amount that statues are just as The Batman was when it released, but I figured you have a couple of options for posing so I said what the hell. I see some people selling him for like $700 now :lol crazy, doubt anyone would want to pay that much but maybe they get lucky. The Mk42 QS I almost got because it looks brilliant. Sucks that HT prices went up, some of their figures now I feel should be below the $200 mark but it is what it is, their business got bigger with more buyers and they can afford to profit more now with their huge customer base. Realizing i really late now but I think if a piece is really expensive, it better be damn well worth that money :lol The Begins QS is on PO as well, revealed with the QS Joker at SDCC this year.

The detail for Hot Toys is just so ridiculous. If Sideshow could harness that in polystone, it would be game over for me. :lol

I agree about the Hot Toys price 'evolution.' Welcome to 2018! The good ol' days of less than $200 are now behind us.

So you confused me in the begining of your post. You have QS Joker on PO. But do you also have the QS Begins on PO, or you do already have QS Batman? I think that released a QS TDK Batman a while ago (?). That would be the one for me.

Yeah, their sculptors are absolutely amazing with real actor likenesses. Yes, I have the original QS001, Bruce head sculpt is the best out of all the TDK Batmans and dare I say all the Batmans ever produced so far (although that Batfleck JL one is just damn...). I don't have Begins on PO but am considering it depending on what I can move currently to change the collection around a bit.

Yeah, the Sideshow actor likenesses have been all off for me I think, haven't seen one yet that I recall that looked really good to high standards, Prime 1 has been great though, albeit a few misses here and there but for the majority, pretty well done. The thing with Sideshow for me is sometimes they go a little simple, which isn't the worst thing, sometimes too much is no good, too much happening for the eyes to take in and you lose focus on the centerpiece of the statue. I like it when they take risks and give us more, like with the Deadpool PF, Thanos of course, I liked Captain Marvel, their new Red Sonja, new Wolverine, and I think Magneto is nice but that price doesn't seem to justify it given we're not getting materials that would justify that price, unless theirs something we don't know about in the base. I would've probably put him at $650 max to be generous maybe since Deadpool is $700 but that statue seems to have more happening and I'm assuming it's polystone since he's not "floating", and I get that they need a lighter body and cape to avoid breakage since the key wouldn't be "downward" like Spider-Man PF was, but you would think because of that change in material, it would bring costs down if it's cheaper to produce? I'm not really familiar with statue manufacturing but that seems to be the gist of what I got from reading other collectors' comments about the value of the piece on here. Otherwise, I have absolutely no idea about any of it, or pricing either, so I'm just learning from everyone else. :wink1:

Prime made that Supes cape look fan-****in-tasic. :lol

They really captured him nicely.

I forgot about the new Doom PF! I did like that cape, thus contradicting my previous argument. :lol

Yes... that Prime looks superb

Plus I’d hate to see how much he would have cost with an all sculpted cape :lol

I believe it was Igo that said mix media is more expensive to do then a fully sculpted statue... so it would of been cheaper to go with a sculpted cape then to use fabric. SS should take a cue from ResinWorx MOS statue which I believe has a fiberglass cape... which came out awesome.... plus it's light weight and its not quite as fragile as polystone is..

I believe it was Igo that said mix media is more expensive to do then a fully sculpted statue... so it would of been cheaper to go with a sculpted cape then to use fabric. SS should take a cue from ResinWorx MOS statue which I believe has a fiberglass cape... which came out awesome.... plus it's light weight and its not quite as fragile as polystone is..

I know this has a bad connotation, but a well designed/casted 'plastic' cape imo would be okay as well.

You guys do realize in order to achieve the levitating look, the cape has to be cloth? I have the Batman PF and that sculpted cape is heavier than the figure! It would have been impossible to have Magneto off the ground with a heavy sculpted cape. That is why he is resin too - it’s lighter. I personally would rather have things made out of ‘cheaper’ materials if it means achieving a visual look. The point of a statue it to admire its visuals, not to be impressed how heavy it is. Not all statues can be Thanos and do both at the same time :lol

They could’ve sculpted the cape with a point of contact with the base. Similar to his foot.

You guys and your obsessions over EX stock sizes....lol. I mean whatever....it’s your life. Do what you do. But you’re not retiring off of these things.

Anyway it’s a cool statue, but I’ll pass. I have my eye on too many others now anyway.

I’m not sure I ever understand the ES size thing either. If you think statue speculating is a good hobby to make a buck, I have a lightbulb factory on the San Andreas fault line I’m looking to move as we speak.

I’m not sure I ever understand the ES size thing either. If you think statue speculating is a good hobby to make a buck, I have a lightbulb factory on the San Andreas fault line I’m looking to move as we speak.

Yeah I mean I don’t get it either, but whatever. Everyone has their stuff to do I guess. I think the thing that takes me aback the most is when people 1) Complain about the ES size, and 2) Make their purchasing decisions based off it. Clearly they’re not in this primarily because they like the statues, and it just doesn’t seem like it could ever be a market where you’re going to make any kind of long term profit of significance. And if you want a low production run just so you can say “They only made 500 of them and I’ve got one”......I mean, whatever. We’ve all got our stuff.

I know they did that with the P1 Hush Batman, have the cape touch the base for support

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I know they did that with the P1 Hush Batman, have the cape touch the base for support

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

100% certain? Im still interested in that piece just worried about the cape while shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for ES. I never understood it and prolly never will. If a piece was I truly loved had an ex/es of 1000 or 100000 i could care less. To each their own of course

Es plays a factor if you want or need to sell down the line. I don't think anyone wants to buy a statue for $500 and then see it sell for $400 or less in the aftermarket because of a bloated ES. Who actually likes losing money? For example, I have the OG EX WW PF. I'm really digging the new PF sideshow is putting up for PO next week. Because of space limitation, I can only have one 1/4 WW statue in my collection. If I like the new PF more, I have to sell the old one. So, the OG PF is selling at less than retail because of its bloated ES (say I have to sell it at a $75 loss), and the new PF will probably cost around $600 shipped. With the loss I'm taking to sell the old PF, that new PF will cost me close to $700.

Look, I'm not saying sideshow should lose money so our statues can sell at a premium in the aftermarket. However, I have to believe there's a happy middle ground where sideshow sets an ES that is profitable for them and allows the pieces that we buy to maintain their value somewhat. I'd be more inclined to buy more sideshow merch if that was the case. Sadly, the days of sideshow's PFs holding their value are pretty much gone (except for a few rare exceptions).

As for ES. I never understood it and prolly never will. If a piece was I truly loved had an ex/es of 1000 or 100000 i could care less. To each their own of course.

I don't think anyone wants to buy a statue for $500 and then see it sell for $400 or less in the aftermarket because of a bloated ES. Who actually likes losing money?...
:lecture ^^^this. The only reason I care about ES is that it would be nice if my statue kept its value. I bought EX Phoenix & the Hulk maquette knowing they would have a massive ES, but if I know I can pick up a statue with a high ES after release and save $100...why would I preorder?

I am a buyer and seller of other collectibles from shoes to sports to wine to ...... not statues though. I am not buying with any fantasy of recouping 100% or plus of money down the line on statues. I often sell my collectibles and other possessions to fuel other investments and honestly if I get back 50-60% of what I paid for items that I enjoyed for many years...I consider that a win. Investments...well those are things I buy with full intent and historical data that they will go up in value or i have bought so low that the equity will guarantee a profit.

if these statues were truly limited and bore signature of famous artists/creators/ etc or were produced by hand(not just painted) different story. At least money in statues I can recoup some of while money spent on dinner and wine which can cost the same a PF statue is money gone forever...with a flush.

Looks like the cape grazes the base. Doesn't look like the base is giving it any support though.

100% certain? Im still interested in that piece just worried about the cape while shipping

Unless they changed it, here's a pic of the cape in early production phase before it was displayed at WinterCon. If you look closely at the tip of the cape, there's a little circular key there. It looks like it might go into the side of the base so that there is some support, but I'm not sure since I haven't seen the statue in person, I'm guessing magnets so the weight of the entire cape isn't pulling down on the statue. I'm pretty sure they'll work something out, their products have been top notch save for a few hiccups like the 2099 web cape.

aaron-paul-magnets.gif

22405555_10155699961060050_2621207666319395840_n.jpg

dc-comics-batman-hush-statue-prime1-studio-903353-09.jpg

Back