Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to see another Storm. The black PF was OK but it didn't wow me much. The XM Storm looks all kinds of AWESOME and her portrait couldn't possibly look more beautiful. The only problem for me (besides the price and shipping costs of XM statues) is I'm not a big fan of the white costume. If sideshow does do a Storm in this Sentinel line, I hope she's in a black costume.

Visually, I think iceman would be the better statue. Lots of cool ice effects could be done. Prime1’s Mr Freeze turned out great, but I think an iceman could turn out better.

Cyclops is kind of needed as the team leader and if this turns out to be a full line and not just two pieces, he’d be needed to complete the team- whatever that roster is. I’m not the biggest fan of the Astonishing X-Men outfits (90’s Jim Lee/cartoon has always been my default X-Men looks) so if they keep those I hope they stay away from whatever the heck Cat Beast was wearing. Pants that went to his armpits? :lol

Frankly, I’d really like to see a Professor X PF to face of with Magneto. Problem is Professor X has never been a visually great character for Toys and statues. Done wrong and he just looks like he has a headache and is ready for a nap.

I really think if they ever make Professor X, you have to do something impressive with the base. Don't ask me what, but you need a good selling point for a bald dude in a wheel chair holding his finger to his head. Sentinel hand crushing his wheels?

During Sideshow live it was mentioned that an XMen video will be popping up soon introducing new XMen PFs in the pipeline

Here’s hoping for a

Colossus
Kitty
Iceman
Storm
Cyclops

Beast / Nightcrawler / Juggernaut

Hope they release some info sooner than later. XM has a ton of X-men coming out so it would be nice to know what SS has planned.

Hope they release some info sooner than later. XM has a ton of X-men coming out so it would be nice to know what SS has planned.

I agree because my plan was to choose the best x-men from each company and make a lineup out of it but xm is moving at a very quick pace and sideshow is probably going to drag their feet.

I agree because my plan was to choose the best x-men from each company and make a lineup out of it but xm is moving at a very quick pace and sideshow is probably going to drag their feet.

I see XM continuing with their jump on Sideshow in terms of unveils and releases. I hope I'm wrong though.

I think XM seems to have the jump on many pieces because they're so open with updates. We don't get that as often with Sideshow, IMO.

After looking at the pics again, I just realized what about the fabric cape bugged me. Its how the cape gathers at Magnetos collar. It looks like ruffles.

I've posted a pic of XM Mags to compare.

marvel-magneto-maquette-sideshow-300535-06.jpg

marvel-magneto-maquette-sideshow-300535-12.jpg

Compared to this:
mag04.jpg

They could easily fix that by reducing the width of the cape. Seriously, does it have to be as wide as a king size bed sheet?

After looking at the pics again, I just realized what about the fabric cape bugged me. Its how the cape gathers at Magnetos collar. It looks like ruffles.

Compared to this:
mag04.jpg

God, seeing the pics right on top of each other, the XM really makes the PF, sorry maquette, seem like a toy.

Compared to this:
mag04.jpg

Don’t mind the ruffles. In most depictions in the comics he’s had ruffles around his collar. Pretty sure it was a conscious design choice. It would look boring if the cape just sat flatly on his shoulders.

FM8Z5g

images

Magneto01.jpg

Last edited:
Don’t mind the ruffles. In most depictions in the comics he’s had ruffles around his collar. Pretty sure it was a conscious design choice. It would look boring if the cape just sat flatly on his shoulders.

FM8Z5g

images

Magneto01.jpg

Exactly. Ruffles are actually comic accurate. And i gotta say ss ex portrait looks better than xm. Hell the whole statue itself is more interesting than xm now that i compare these 2 pics. Damn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really think if they ever make Professor X, you have to do something impressive with the base. Don't ask me what, but you need a good selling point for a bald dude in a wheel chair holding his finger to his head. Sentinel hand crushing his wheels?

I would totally be into the Cerebro platform from the movies with the control panel and the X door behind him...

prof x.jpg

FM8Z5g

images

Magneto01.jpg

I guess, but its still bugs me.

If I were to get this, then I'd pose his cape to go over his shoulder like this.
Magneto01.jpg

At least I like that better. Kinda reminds me of how Thor's cape does that same thing.

Back