Luke & Yoda For Order with Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dregs said:
Hey guys, are premium figure pre orders like the 12 inch pre orders, your credit card doesn't get charged until it's about to ship?
Unless it is a flexpay purchase when you get small increments charged over three months and there will be cancellation fees.

I don't expect Yoda to be removeable, just the opposite, but thought I'd raise the question.

I'd also like to see pics of the Luke sculpt from different angles, I think if you look down on it so he's facing you, the true greatness of this likeness would come through better.

Batty said:
You may be joking, but I've become a convert. Even though I've been a Sideshow collector for years, I only recently started collecting PFs. Once I had Vader there was no question about me getting them all.
Convert here too, I love PF's alot more than 12", so much so I've thought about cancelling the 12" I have on order. The one thing that keeps me going with 12" is that I can put them around here and there, with PF ya really gotta make a spot for it.

Edition size will make or break this piece. It should be interesting. Because if the edition size is high I'm canceling and going to ebay, and there will be alot of cancelations. Sideshow is in a tough spot.

It would be great to see Yoda come off, but if this piece has a high edition, I'll buy 2 so I can saw off Yoda on 1 of the figures.

Order placed! Damn, did this order date just come out of nowhere?

Anyway...

I dig the piece. The only thing I hope they change are Luke's eyes. I feel as though it looks like he's straining his eyes trying to look back that far. If you watch the film, you'll see that he usually has his eyes centered as though he was thinking about what Yoda is telling him.

If not, I'll likely just change them myself, but it would be nice if I didn't have to.

It's all good!

:)

Darklord Dave said:
I'd also like to see pics of the Luke sculpt from different angles, I think if you look down on it so he's facing you, the true greatness of this likeness would come through better.
I think you're right about this. The more I look at this piece, the more I like it. And I liked it a lot right from the beginning! The amount of detail in the helmet and tree base is impressive on their own. Another great job by Mat Falls.

I'm not going to say that I love the likeness of Luke but it is better than the first piece. It's no where near as good as Obi's (that's going to be hard to beat). However Yoda is spot on and this one of my favorite moments in the whole SW history. The helmet looks great too.

With the third quarter release date, it's obviously pretty far along in the production process. So I wonder why they didn't reveal it at Toy Fair this year?

I still think that Boba Fett was meant to be next but was delayed and Luke/Yoda gut bumped up a spot. Maybe we will be seeing a Fett announcement at SDCC. Then Maul and the droids won't be far behind!

It's the third PF Luke SSC made, but what's more important is that it's the first Yoda. I wonder if SSC will ever make an other PF yoda? I like the exclusive, and boy would it be cool if it where detachable from the base. It makes such a great "rear-view-mirror-hanger"...

tomandshell said:
With the third quarter release date, it's obviously pretty far along in the production process. So I wonder why they didn't reveal it at Toy Fair this year?

I still think that Boba Fett was meant to be next but was delayed and Luke/Yoda gut bumped up a spot. Maybe we will be seeing a Fett announcement at SDCC. Then Maul and the droids won't be far behind!
Keep pushing for Fett, Tom!

I have the first PF Luke and I think his likeness is amazing, more so than this one. ( I know, I am a minority here). But the overall Luke and Yoda is fantastic. As much as I have on preorder, I would rather not have loved this one. The detail is amazing. But I am a Luke fan big time so I am probably prejudiced.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
It's the third PF Luke SSC made, but what's more important is that it's the first Yoda. I wonder if SSC will ever make an other PF yoda? I like the exclusive, and boy would it be cool if it where detachable from the base. It makes such a great "rear-view-mirror-hanger"...

Am I missing something? There's the ANH and this one. This is only the 7th PF.
They do of course have the 12" Luke but that's an entirely different line.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Fett? Who's that Fett character you're always talking about? :rolleyes:

Some crappy bounty hunter that got taken out by a blind man on ROTJ.

Back