Luke & Yoda For Order with Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Order in
Although I wasn't happy with the announcement I like the piece of tree, and it is a diaroma which I like the most.

Exclusive is not necessary I totally agree but if I order the regular from another seller in USA, then the shipment will be so high to Turkey which almost covers the price difference, because SS ships from EU warehouse and they have a very nice contract with FEDEX that I pay less than the usual price. (like 100 $ :rotfl )

Not too excited since I already have a PF Luke that I paid $250.00. But is does look great. Very Happy with the piece, but sad that I already have a PF Luke. I will never understand why SS made another Luke so fast in the line. Hopefully the reason is there are alot of figures coming in the next few years were doubles will be welcomed.

I ordered it, but will likely not keep the exclusive, I am not sure I want the head at Luke's feet. For me at least, it combines two seperate elements of the film - aside from being just somewhat gross (I have some little ones in the house), we'll see. :confused:

tomandshell said:
I watched ESB after this was revealed last week. Luke is running around with Yoda in his backpack, and they arrive at the cave. He sets Yoda down, puts on his coat, and goes inside. The backpack and severed head are seconds apart in the movie, so I think it works OK. It's the same scene.

LOL....me too Tom! I just watched this last week, (my fiance had never seen any of the Star Wars movies, believe it or not.... and we were going through them in order... just so happened that the PF was announced the day before I was watching Episode V with her..)

It's not too far away in the film and it works IMO, and even though it's not 100% screen accurate for the movie, I will display them together..

I have my order in!! :chew

Fine fine fine! Ya'll twisted my arm, and talked me into it...coerced me too. I'm ordering it. I wonder if this'll be the new trend, less time between the order date and when it gets shipped. Wasn't there a poll or something about a similar topic once before? I gotta say its nice not having too long of a wait, but its gonna make it harder to save for. My bet is it will be September, and with the way things keep getting pushed back maybe October...

darthviper107 said:
Oh, it looks awesome. And of course, I don't have any money for it. Maybe later. How long do you think it will last?
Even if its sold out when you do have the money get on the waitlist. I don't know when PF Leia sold out, but I got on the waitlist March 20, and she was turned into an order pretty quickly.

BTW, I just went to order and clicked to see the flexpay schedule and the third payment is in October...do flexpayers get theirs later? Is the Q3 an error?

Seems like Sideshow isn't expecting this to be super-hot, with the two piece limit, the TBD edition size, and the non-priority preorder sale.

I'm glad I got my order in! Now maybe if a bunch of the fence-sitters lay off, the TBD will turn into a nice low run for the exclusive...

tomandshell said:
I'm glad I got my order in! Now maybe if a bunch of the fence-sitters lay off, the TBD will turn into a nice low run for the exclusive...

NIce wording!! But I am hoping for the same thing. I hope the Exclusive edition will be 250 like for Han.

tomandshell said:
Seems like Sideshow isn't expecting this to be super-hot, with the two piece limit, the TBD edition size, and the non-priority preorder sale.

One can only hope. My guess is they'll run this out for weeks and if that's the case maybe a month or longer. If the final ES is 1500 or more I'm cancelling b/c it may be cheaper to find on evilbay believe it or not. Don't think there is much of a chance they'll cut this off before an ES of 1250 unfortunately. 500 would have been sweet.

I really don't like these open-ended ES Exclusives, they are doing it more and more but I understand why in this case, after all it is Luke and Yoda.

Batty said:
I ordered it. Even if the helmet doesn't fit with the scene, I like it on it's own.

The Exclusive head might not fit the scene with Yoda on Luke's back.
But, since it's Premium Figure, we should be able to take
Yoda off from Luke's back. :chew

They may be a little unsure of what to expect, since this is the first new Premium Format figure in the Star Wars line since they began selling the 12" figures six months ago. A lot has changed since then! The 12" line has really brought a whole bunch of new people into the equation who weren't familiar with the company before. Their loyal fan base has expanded, and that might impact the edition sizes of future Star Wars items.

We'll see how many of these new 12" customers will be interested in preordering a real figure for a change! :D (Joke!!! Trust me!)

And the severed head will be the coolest Star Wars paperweight ever!

tomandshell said:
We'll see how many of these new 12" customers will be interested in preordering a real figure for a change! :D (Joke!!! Trust me!)
You may be joking, but I've become a convert. Even though I've been a Sideshow collector for years, I only recently started collecting PFs. Once I had Vader there was no question about me getting them all.

pjam said:
If the final ES is 1500 or more I'm cancelling b/c it may be cheaper to find on evilbay believe it or not. Don't think there is much of a chance they'll cut this off before an ES of 1250 unfortunately. 500 would have been sweet.

I am not buying statues for selling. So, even if get very valuable, I will not sell those. However, I also do not want something I paid 350 $ + 100 $ shipment to lost its value in time such as regulas Han PF or Luke PF.

If SS will keep the ES of Exclusives low, than this would be beneficial to both parties. Because as in GG vader ROTS and Yoda mini busts, if the price of a product falls so much in the market, population of the company also falls accordingly

So no one's raised the question yet - can Yoda come out and play? I was frustrated with the LotR weapon sets because you couldn't take them off the plaque - I wonder if Yoda will be permanently affixed to his backpack?

gambit said:
I am not buying statues for selling. So, even if get very valuable, I will not sell those. However, I also do not want something I paid 350 $ + 100 $ shipment to lost its value in time such as regulas Han PF or Luke PF.

If SS will keep the ES of Exclusives low, than this would be beneficial to both parties. Because as in GG vader ROTS and Yoda mini busts, if the price of a product falls so much in the market, population of the company also falls accordingly

It's not about selling...

If you live in CA and have to pay taxes on a high priced item as I do and did with Grievous, it makes a big difference, especially if you buy a whole lot of stuff from SSC, as I do, so Edition Size makes a difference at some point.

It's funny, every time I talk to a SSC CS Rep and they look at my account they gasp and say something like "Boy, you have quite a lot of orders"

Probably well over 20 as we speak!

Yes, I am a certifiable Sideshow FREAK!!!

Back