Luke & Yoda For Order with Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the first PF that I've been around for the announcement of so please excuse me if this is a stupid question, is this selling out fast? The Frodo is the only other PF that I've cared about and that took forever to sell out at only 1000 pieces total. This is sure to have at least another 2000-2500 non-exclusives.

Looks like he will be all but gone in only one week. I think that's pretty good, actually. Can't remember how long Leia took to sell out at 1000, but one week is pretty good for Luke & Yoda. I think that the increase in interest in the sixth months since the last SW PF is balancing out with the fact that this is a repeat character, but he is still selling pretty quick.

Buying two to make a profit is a good idea, and I've thought about doing it with some other items, but I would feel like I'm cheating other collectors.

Not for me. I've thought about it with the Exclusive X-Men vs Sentinel, and wish I had with that but I have enough to worry about besides trying to flip some product as well.

Flipping isn't worth it in the long run. Besides I'd rather let another collector get a chance at retail.

Edition size of 1150 seems right on, once they're gone the Helmet Exclusive will be a must get I believe. Also Tom, I recall Leia Exclusive selling out in about a week to 10 days without too much fanfare.

I think the Leia Exclusive will turn out to be an amazing Collectible as more realize this is her Iconic OT Promo pose with the blaster. And once she is displayed, Collectors who didn't get her will want her even more.

Yes, I doubt that flipping is a good idea. It only works for certain items I belive. A 12" figure costs me about $90, including shipping and taxes. How am I going to make profit from flipping one then? No, it takes a gray hulk or some of the more limited Weta things to make some cash I belive. But, could you really part with your most valuable collectives?? I know I could not, unless I had too for financial reasons.

I always say the only time I'm getting rid of any of my collectibles is for a life saving surgery. And maybe to make room for newer (nicer, better) ones.

The Leia exclusive is really the only one so far that was an absolute must have for me. Grievous and Luke/Yoda come in second, and I split the difference on them, reg for Grievous exclusive for Luke. Han I didn't want the exclusive one, I didn't like the base.

pjam said:
... I recall Leia Exclusive selling out in about a week to 10 days without too much fanfare.

I think the Leia Exclusive will turn out to be an amazing Collectible as more realize this is her Iconic OT Promo pose with the blaster. And once she is displayed, Collectors who didn't get her will want her even more.

I hope you are right! I'm having second thoughts on the OT Leia. Like I said in an other thread, I love the pose, the portrait, but... overall, it's just a white dress. I can't wait for the first pictures to be posted, so I can clear my doubt!

Room is a starting to become a major factor for PF's for me. I don't even want to think about when the LOTR line starts shipping. I'm trying to be very selective for my SW PF's, because I plan on getting all the LOTR PF's. What have I gotten myself into?

I feel your pain Loki! I have rearranged my room twice to make room for PF's. At first I only had room for three Uni's and Luke on my nightstand, so I put the dresser in the closet and bought a bookcase giving me room for the three Uni's, Luke, Han, Leia, and Ben. Then I got rid of these big 3D skyskraper puzzles I had so I could get Vader, and GG, and order Luke/Yoda. I've got Spidey on the way and there are more SW that will come out that I want (Dooku, Maul, SE Anakin, Boba and Jango) and I know I don't want to stop there so I have to figure out a way to fit my vanity in my closet and put in more bookshelves. :rotfl

Back