1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was 7 when Star Wars came out and of course got these for Christmas (which as you can see I still have)...

And yea, I didn't reenact the movie, I acted out new stories and adventures. Marvel Comics would come later and also inspire my imagination for ongoing adventures...

(lol- they took some liberties with the Yavin/Ceremonial outfit - but I knew what it was supposed to be)

I can see that....

(picture isn't mine)

lol - yup, I had similar memories.

Indeed :) but still fun :r2d2line

This is making me feel very nostalgic.

And almost guilty that I sold off my vintage collection of figures to concentrate on modern1/6. :eek:

Jaymas said:
I thought he would be smaller than Bespin Luke because that figure is too tall, but looks shorter than Hoth Luke too (which I don't have so I don't know if this should be surprising or not).

It depends which body Hoth Luke is on. Some, like mine, came on the taller body intended for Han (and Han on the shorter body intended for Luke). :duh

(As noted by Roc while I was still writing this!)

:lecture Preparing for those untold adventures.

Agreed, the eye placement there is better than most of the other's we've seen. Pupils are close to the upper lid rather than juts floating in the middle of the eye :lol Still not worth $240, but not a complete disaster.

Totally new body or bits added to an old version? Looks new from what I remember.

nude__71930.1447790806.1280.1280.jpg

The legs look a lot like the Drake and Plissken body, but the rest looks new to Luke. I'd be happy if this is the style of standard body they start using and phase out the Pro completely. The only thing I don't like about it is the ankle pegs are fixed in place (and if the same size as Drake and Plissken) not compatible with any other company.

The Pro pegs were not compatible, but you could fit the shoes from other companies on the pegs and the shoes from Sideshow would fit on HT style pegs as well.

These are not versatile at all. I think the only work around would be to remove the ankle ball and insert a HT one permanently.

That bottom pic looks killer with the 3 of them.

Personally - and I'll probably get stoned for saying this - I feel this sculpt looks more like Mark Hamill than either of the HT versions (but, yes the way they did the eyes is bad).

Thanks for the pics Roc74? Are you happy with it in hand?

looks good there, even with the eyes showing. I think the hair takes away from it more than the eyes.

looks nice with R2 :r2d2line

I thought he would be smaller than Bespin Luke because that figure is too tall, but looks shorter than Hoth Luke too (which I don't have so I don't know if this should be surprising or not).

I must say I'm pretty happy with this one. The paint apps are much better in person. Outfit is very nice. I also really like the new body. Sorry for the glare on the visor. Natural lighting sucks today, cloudy.

2015-11-18 15.50.15.jpg

2015-11-18 15.49.26.jpg

Taking the helmet on and off is kind of a pain. I also dont like the hair. As I mentioned earlier though, it's not a big deal. I plan on displaying him with the helmet on.

Looks pretty awesome in your pics, Chaka.:rock Still curious to see what the HT head looks like with the helmet on, but I'm sure I'd be pleased with that on my shelf as I wanted helmet on. Just need to get it for a nice price now.

Chakaman delivers the goods! Awesome pics.:clap

I think the bottom line with this fig is that most will display him with helmet on, and in that way the head looks really great - in some pics, perfect. The main issues are the eyes and the hair, and neither is really visible with helmet on, and the apps on the lower face are definitely good enough to display side by side with HT.

Hello Guys,
Posting some pics for your review. Hopefully if can help with your decision to / or not to order this guy.

View attachment 224169

View attachment 224170

View attachment 224171

View attachment 224172

View attachment 224173

The figure looks pretty good in your photos here, Roc. Thanks for sharing! It's easily Sideshow's best ANH Luke sculpt (again just not what we've come to expect now that Hot Toys has entered the 1/6 Star Wars game). Like a lot of us here, I've been on the fence on whether to pick it up due to the ridiculous price hike, but after seeing your photos, I may have to cave.

Looks pretty awesome in your pics, Chaka.:rock Still curious to see what the HT head looks like with the helmet on, but I'm sure I'd be pleased with that on my shelf as I wanted helmet on. Just need to get it for a nice price now.

Chakaman delivers the goods! Awesome pics.:clap

I think the bottom line with this fig is that most will display him with helmet on, and in that way the head looks really great - in some pics, perfect. The main issues are the eyes and the hair, and neither is really visible with helmet on, and the apps on the lower face are definitely good enough to display side by side with HT.

Thanks guys. I will take some better pictures when I have better light. I did these pretty quickly. I didn't really futz with the outfit.

Yes, the hair leaves a little bit to be desired. I really think it takes away from the sculpt.

I don't really have any problems with the paint application. When you stand a few feet away from the figure, it looks like Luke Skywalker. Good enough for me. I guess I'm easy to please. :)

I must say I'm pretty happy with this one. The paint apps are much better in person. Outfit is very nice. I also really like the new body. Sorry for the glare on the visor. Natural lighting sucks today, cloudy.

View attachment 224233

View attachment 224234

Taking the helmet on and off is kind of a pain. I also dont like the hair. As I mentioned earlier though, it's not a big deal. I plan on displaying him with the helmet on.

It looks good there he actually does look like Luke

It's encouraging that Toy Anxiety sold all six of the Luke X-Wing heads at $50 a piece - a good sign of confidence. Hopefully we'll see the head on a few farmboy Lukes to see how it looks on its own.

I contemplated grabbing a head, but I didn't want to spend more than $100 so just grabbed the suit and helmet.

Kinda looks more like a toy compared to the other HT and SS Luke figures out there. Yep I'm back on the fence.

Impossible to predict because nobody knows edition sizes but at its price point I'd bet eventually the exclusive will be 20 or 30 percent off. The hoth stuff has been on sale numerous times and the brown exclusive is still available, the blue only recently disappeared.

Thanks for the tip. I just got Sideshow's Black Friday email -- maybe I'll luck out and he'll be on sale. The new photos today are pretty impressive.

Thanks guys. I will take some better pictures when I have better light. I did these pretty quickly. I didn't really futz with the outfit.

Yes, the hair leaves a little bit to be desired. I really think it takes away from the sculpt.

I don't really have any problems with the paint application. When you stand a few feet away from the figure, it looks like Luke Skywalker. Good enough for me. I guess I'm easy to please. :)

Can't wait to see your pics, and your futz!

Back