1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must say I'm pretty happy with this one. The paint apps are much better in person. Outfit is very nice. I also really like the new body. Sorry for the glare on the visor. Natural lighting sucks today, cloudy.

View attachment 224233

View attachment 224234

Taking the helmet on and off is kind of a pain. I also dont like the hair. As I mentioned earlier though, it's not a big deal. I plan on displaying him with the helmet on.

The Force is strong with these photos. :clap

Hello Guys,
Posting some pics for your review. Hopefully if can help with your decision to / or not to order this guy.

View attachment 224169

[...]

Right here. Photos are tricky and can go both ways, but in this one, I finally see a likeness that beats the HT ANH version. Paint apps aren't equivalent and there's the hair amongst other things, but the sculpt looks to be on point...

I'm really beginning to think the lighting on so many pictures is making this figure look worse then it really does in person. In this video, it's dramatic when switching from ambient and bright lighting. Especially at the 5:16 mark...he switches from more natural light to bright light and it's jarring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQJhdx-T37g

I'm really beginning to think the lighting on so many pictures is making this figure look worse then it really does in person. In this video, it's dramatic when switching from ambient and bright lighting. Especially at the 5:16 mark...he switches from more natural light to bright light and it's jarring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQJhdx-T37g

Lighting is always key with Sideshow sculpts. So far they've always looked better in hand than production photos can convey.

I like what I see in that video. Even with the helmet off.

Did a little futzing. I also trimmed and adjusted the straps for the chest box. The straps for the legs were too high. I cut them off the inside vest and lowered them. I even shortened the length of one of the shoulder rods so they would all look even.

fla3yv.jpg
vy79cp.jpg
imuy6v.jpg
15pshfm.jpg
6pvt48.jpg
6sxvh3.jpg
xcw21z.jpg
zn8ysx.jpg

Last edited:
TK is a master futzer. Like the right pant leg, and the upper body looks less puffy/baggy. Nice work. :clap

:goodpost:

Yep, awesome work, TK. The stock shoulders dip a bit and has some bagginess but you made it look really natural.

With the helmet on, this figure is a real winner. I love the way the lower face looks - great Hamill likeness, and the slight distortion of the visor brings the eyes alive.:clap

TK is a master futzer. Like the right pant leg, and the upper body looks less puffy/baggy. Nice work. :clap

:goodpost:

Yep, awesome work, TK. The stock shoulders dip a bit and has some bagginess but you made it look really natural.

With the helmet on, this figure is a real winner. I love the way the lower face looks - great Hamill likeness, and the slight distortion of the visor brings the eyes alive.:clap

Back