1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very curious about how this will turn out. I'd love for it to be good as the X-Wing gear look is awesome but I'm not confident with Sideshow's recent offerings that this will turn out as good as the prototype.

When it comes out we'll see, there no need for confidence, no need to pre-order - unless of course you're making side bets. ;)

Yeah, I haven't PO'd this guy yet but I will be buying one as soon as he's released. This should help tide me over until the HT ANH version comes out. Those two, ROTJ Luke, and the TFA version should cover my Luke collection.

No. And that's the big "butt" in this situation.

If no pics before delivery, this gets cancelled. I did it with Jango with absolutely no regrets.

You ordered with the NRD? We saw last-minute pics with Jango, but aside from the head sculpt that figure seems like a disaster for most folks, so hopefully we'll see them here. I'm hoping they didn't botch the little communicator on the wrist. The pocket they made on the Hoth figure isn't big enough for the rank badge there.

I canceled this because I needed to trim down my PO's - it was getting crazy. I kept Jango because I like the character and I don't forsee a lot of 1:6 scale versions of him in the near (or heck, even far) future. I have several versions of Luke in my collection, so while canceling wasn't fun, it didn't sting like it would have if it had been a character that doesn't get much sixth-scale attention.

Yes, there was a bad reaction to Jango around here...a lot of folks had issues. But no regrets on my part...he looks great on display and he's a figure I really like.

Now this one....well, Sideshow is asking folks to take a lot on faith with this price jump. My fingers are crossed for them...I hope he turns out great in production. I hope the tailoring on that flight suit is as impressive as that prototype...and I hope that portrait has the best paint apps we've seen to date on a Sideshow figure. I've been happy with the production pieces I've picked up this last year from Sideshow...even the ones that got some grief in here (like the two Hoth figures)....but I'm smart enough to realize that this one has a lot riding on it with a big chunk of the audience in here.

I hope some good pictures show soon...I hope they show a figure that makes me regret canceling, not one that makes me relieved that I did...

While Jango sounds like garbage, the head sculpt was fairly decent. I'm hoping this one avoids the qc gaps but delivers the same positive head sculpt reviews.

I want the whole thing to be dead on: tailoring (which SS had really let go), sculpt, paint, details, everything. For $240, I'm not asking the world for a figure that promised it.

Agreed. I also PO'ed prior to the NRD. Very much hoping for a stellar figure worthy of the asking price. Same for ToD Indy.

Yeah, I ordered this w/out PO (did I really agree to $240 for this?), but missed Indy. They were a little fast with Indy I guess.:gah:

So... Tan Solo MkII? Or a new era for SSC? If it's former, it'll be gasoline and the price will be the flame.:lol

I originally was going to have an ANH, ROTJ, and X-Wing Pilot Luke display. But with a TFA version most likely coming out, and how horrible Jango was, this is the odd man out.

Back