1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not planning on getting this, but keeping and eye out for how it looks when we start getting in hand pics. I really like what I am seeing with Hot Toys Luke and have both their Lukes on pre-order. Sideshow's X-wing Luke really needs to wow me for me to pick this up. I plan on getting one more Luke to use to upgrade my custom Yavin Luke anyway. If Sideshow's Red Five Luke looks great I could easily go this route for my Yavin Luke, if not I am going to pick up another Hot Toys one.

I really want to like this and if I do I will buy it despite its crazy asking price. Red five luke is a favorite of mine but areas like stock body, paint, and outfit tailoring desperately need improvement from ssc. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Fingers crossed for a stellar head so I can replace the one that comes with the ANH Farmboy. At worst I'd probably be looking at an even swap, at best, some extra $$ for my troubles.

Fingers crossed for a stellar head so I can replace the one that comes with the ANH Farmboy. At worst I'd probably be looking at an even swap, at best, some extra $$ for my troubles.

I would imagine customs of wedge and Biggs might free up a few loose sculpts. I like the deleted footage of Biggs and luke, maybe wasn't necessary but it was relevant.

^^^^ That's new to me MetroGnome, thanks. It does answer a lot of questions and seems like a smart way handling the helmet. Now I am wondering how the helmet (with blast shield) that comes with Hot Toys farmboy works. I also wonder how easily any of the heads, hair pieces, and helmets from both HT and SS can be made to work with one another in terms of customization.

Yeah! Great find! Wow, that is one complicated helmet system! If I were getting this figure, I would totally have Luke sporting his "monk" helmet hair! :lol

Well, SS has managed to capture the HT 'dead stare' pretty good....

Doesn't look like this holds up to HT's Stormtrooper Luke sculpt...

This sculpt looks a lot like Hoth...

Luke pilot head.jpg

Honestly, for all the engineering and production complexity, they should have just gone with a plain empty helmet, a plain head and a helmeted head.

Hmm, you're right--something off about the eyes. Cover the eyes and it looks good. It could be because it's in B&W though. Maybe in color and IRL it will look better?

Honestly, for all the engineering and production complexity, they should have just gone with a plain empty helmet, a plain head and a helmeted head.
:exactly:

Not to mention the potential detail inside the helmet would be more visible in that kind of helmet design than it is the Stormtrooper helmet like Hot Toys did. Seems like that would have been an additional selling point all in itself- not to mention the extra head.

That is an interesting system.....but now I feel like they are going to extraordinary lengths to beat us out of an extra headsculpt;) I need to see a video review of this before buying

Why did they sculpt ears on him if they're always covered up? It looks like it's a fully sculpted/shaved head. Interesting.

I didn't realize it came with 2 hair pieces

At least I understand how they have the hair viewable under the helmet now. I was worried there would be a giant helmet to compensate for that. The helmet hair piece is pretty frightening outside the helmet.

Back