1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want this figure if it's good but it in no way is worth the $240 Sideshow wants for it. It really seems like a joke given that comparable figures being released by Hot Toys that come with more accessories and who can be relied on to provide a final product that's close to the prototype are priced less.

It'll be discounted if no one buys it. But if people whip out their money, it'll be confirmation that the price point works.

Yeah I haven't pre-ordered and don't plan on it. I'll only order if it's discounted which seems inevitable given that the Hoth figures were priced less and have seen discounts. Sideshow should have never priced this figure that high though.

The Hoth Figures may have been produced at a pretty high volume given that HT wasn't in the game yet when they went up for pre-order (at least not at full force like they are now) and it had been a number of years since a SS Luke or Han release. I'm likely holding off on this one until in-hand pics and probably a 20% off code as well. The orange flight suit would look great on the shelf. If it doesn't happen though, so be it.

It's the easiest way to test the waters, because you can later lower the price, but you can't generally raise it (on this kind of product/sale).
I just think they chose the wrong figure to test a higher price on. With this figure being so bare bones a $240 price point just doesn't seem justified. Honestly the Hoth Luke or Han would have been better choices to experiment with since they both came with a fair amount. The price still would have been high but I feel they could have justified the price more in either of those two instances.

I haven't ordered either. Unless I get a heavy discount this one can wait. Especially since the hasbro outfit really is not bad when putting together a custom.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440465715.091230.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440465727.048493.jpg

I love the "should be" arguments. Admissible in court in 7 states - more if Trump ever becomes president..

Here's my own personal "should be" or "should have" - I'm working at a different pricing scale though.

Apple should have bought Lucasfilm for $4 billion and change instead of dumping $3 Billion into Beats.

^^^ Actually I was thinking about buying another HT Bespin belt and add to this figure. I think it would look pretty cool.

Man I have a good memory sometimes. If only I could put it to good use. :lol

I've since revised my stance. Now it's $100 is too much. There's a big difference between what I'm willing to pay for anything, let alone something I don't want, versus what "it should cost" - something should always cost what the seller wants to ask. That's the free market baby.

I know, but it's semantics and simple word choice, rather than the meaning. The common element is that except for a few, this doesn't look like a figure that's worth $240 to most of us (when comparing it to what else is out there, with respect to higher presumed quality, more loaded accessory wise or both) regardless of what it cost to make or develop for SS.

I think most of us who want it though will have our wish if this hits 20% off and we can get it for $191. Or if it's 30% and we get it for $167, though I'm having a hard time seeing the discount be that steep.

Context more than semantics. You can spend all day creating a spreadsheet to calculate "bang for your buck" of every figure release, counting hands, feet, weapons, accessories, weight, whatever. And sure sometimes you'll have figures that don't compare favorably with others. This one compares favorably with HT's Maria Hill and even Leia, but not so with ANH/Farmboy Luke nor SSC's own Vader.

Back