1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is the gayest **** i ever read in my life.

it would take 13.3 years of making 75K per year, thats well above average income in the US, and not spending a DIME to reach 1 Million GROSS. thats before Govt takes 25%.

I think youre drunk. 1 Million is plenty for people with modest means to survive for a lifetime.

and i have to EDIT this.....im just playfully teasing...not trying to incite a war. i always forget people on here dont "get" my sense of humor. But, I think youre drunk.

You're 100% right but I think what Worgar meant is that property value is so high, that if you own a home outright (no mortgage) then you damn near a millionaire in assets; not liquid.

EDIT: I have to edit too. I didn't see that part at first. A mill is a lot of money and would take a lifetime to save, even at $100,000/year.... but it's not enough money for a lifetime

Last edited:
1 Million is plenty for people with modest means to survive for a lifetime.

Not in this hobby.

So in 2024 we can expect it to be $800.00 per figure and then double again to $1600.00 in 2029? :D.

Yes! You have seen the future.

Let's go back to 1999 -- and I told you that you'd be spending $200-$300 on a figure in 2014. You'd have said... well, what you're saying now.

Not even close. A decent house in a decent neighborhood is at least $600K (in LA). That leaves $400K to survive for 50+ years? Just action figures alone, if you only buy 20 a year - that's about $5K or $250K over 50 years. Not to mention food, clothes, kids, etc.

why are we only talking about LA? Im talking about the world. No one is making you live in LA. Not everyone here is from LA. Most arent. So Ill gladly take 1 Million to prove you wrong if youd like to try. thats a noble experiment. :)

I think youre drunk. 1 Million is plenty for people with modest means to survive for a lifetime.
That really depends on your definition of "modest." If you're living in some parts of Bangladesh or Nigeria, maybe. But damn. If you've got a mortgage, taxes, health insurance, food, clothing, electricity, fuel, transportation, maintenance of your property of various kinds (new appliances, yard maintenance, termite protection, new radiator for your car, etc.), and for many paying off loans, paying for education, periodically buying something for yourself or others as gifts, or taking a vacation, for kids $1 million ain't gonna last you long. Maybe if you're a bachelor, are on Medicaid, use public transportation, don't use cable or a phone, and eat Ramen noodles every day. :D

You're 100% right but I think what Worgar meant is that property value is so high, that if you own a home outright (no mortgage) then you damn near a millionaire in assets; not liquid.

well that changes everything. but most people dont own the deed to their homes. they just dont. they have mortgages. the interest on 1 million would pay my mortgage in full every month.

That really depends on your definition of "modest." If you're living in some parts of Bangladesh or Nigeria, maybe. But damn. If you've got a mortgage, taxes, health insurance, food, clothing, electricity, fuel, transportation, maintenance of your property of various kinds (new appliances, yard maintenance, termite protection, new radiator for your car, etc.), and for many paying off loans, paying for education, periodically buying something for yourself or others as gifts, or taking a vacation, for kids $1 million ain't gonna last you long. Maybe if you're a bachelor, are on Medicaid, use public transportation, don't use cable or a phone, and eat Ramen noodles every day. :D

Quoted For Motherlovi'n Truth! :lecture:lecture:lecture :lol

well, im doing all that, plus taking vacation and buying dolls with WAY WAY WAY less than 1 Million. I make slightly more than the average american. i own a 2 story home in a decent neighborhood and have 2 dogs a kid. i buy my own health insurance and so does my wife. we are doing fine.

Ill take the 1 million now, and I could retire. easy peasy.

well that changes everything. but most people dont own the deed to their homes. they just dont. they have mortgages. the interest on 1 million would pay my mortgage in full every month.

Sure, maybe your mortgage, but not anything else. You still have to work in this day and age with a mill liquid in the bank

I edited my post BTW

found this on the web.....we have tons of bills and we barely spend over 4K a month. im 41. so ill be dead before my money is gone based on below....

If you can match the annual inflation rate ((or CPI) which historically is about 3%, you can spend $4,000 a month for 34 years before your money runs out. AAA rated 30 year munis are currently paying over 4%. At 4% your money would last 46 years.

Your in great shape if this is your plan and you are not concerned about leaving a legacy for your heirs. If you start to withdraw more capital then $4,000 a month (in today's dollars) sometime in the future, you''ll need to readjust your plan.

IDK where you live but if it's either NY or LA, you're spending more than $4000/mo. And that's just a standard middle-class life style. If you want any type of luxuary in your life... like $240 bare bones dolls... you'll be spending more

well, im doing all that, plus taking vacation and buying dolls with WAY WAY WAY less than 1 Million. I make slightly more than the average american. i own a 2 story home in a decent neighborhood and have 2 dogs a kid. i buy my own health insurance and so does my wife. we are doing fine.

Ill take the 1 million now, and I could retire. easy peasy.

Where do you live? I need to move there.

And talk about derailed thread. :lol

And don't forget that if you weren't working you would have more time to be buying dollies on the Internet !

Let's go back to 1999 -- and I told you that you'd be spending $200-$300 on a figure in 2014. You'd have said... well, what you're saying now.
I doubt it! We've had this conversation before. I saw the figures then and thought they looked like crap. I'd have been all over raising prices for the gains in quality we've seen. But now, we're at a plateau and will be for a good long while, IMO. Costs will go up to match inflation and there will be some very expensive figures come out, depending on size and complexity, but something like X-Wing Luke being $400.00 MSRP 5 years from now... Don't see it.

I doubt it! We've had this conversation before. I saw the figures then and thought they looked like crap. I'd have been all over raising prices for the gains in quality we've seen. But now, we're at a plateau and will be for a good long while, IMO. Costs will go up to match inflation and there will be some very expensive figures come out, depending on size and complexity, but something like X-Wing Luke being $400.00 MSRP 5 years from now... Don't see it.

Nor do I. Blitzway has been very fair with today's pricing and they are on par with the whales (HT, EB, SS). There are companies out there offering $130 (+/-) figs, but I fell that their quality matches their price point and are in a league slightly beneath the big fish. The whales are at a crossroads right now: stabilize the increases or sink the ship.

I understand, and I'm not trying to convince you. Just sayin' my piece. Only time will tell.

I still want to be a billionaire rather than just a millionaire.

Wow! $240?? For that price I hope they correct his boots instead of the Tie Pilot boots he's wearing.

Last edited:
Back