Premium Format Lou Ferrigno - Incredible Hulk License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A major source of his income is people paying for autographs at conventions. You put him in a position of expecting him to do his job for free.

You might not like it, but he's just being consistent. You want a few minutes or an autograph? You pay like everyone else.

The slippery slope if the word gets out "You don't have to pay Lou Farrigno, just go talk to him for free" he now has freeloaders in his line with paying autograph seekers.

Actually we were walking by and I told my son who the gentleman was behind the table. My son said hello and he wouldn't even be bothered to say hello back. There was no one at his table at the time. I didn't ask or want an autograph or picture. Its just common courtesy to say hello when spoken to and its usually not something you have to pay for. It wasn't as if we were interupting a sale. All the other guests there welcomed you to engage them in everyday conversation if there wasn't a line or anyone at their table. Its called manners but maybe you have to pay for that nowadays as well.

Just to give him the benefit of the doubt, it might simply be that he didn't read your lips. He is deaf after all.

Just to give him the benefit of the doubt, it might simply be that he didn't read your lips. He is deaf after all.

I'm sure it's hard at a show too. I work with a guy who can only hear with one ear and it's not 100% and there are times I can be almost right in his face talking to him and he has no idea. I read lots of stories like this about Lou but I find it hard to imagine the incidents being driven by his persona and intent, he doesn't seem like the type. I'm sure some things push his buttons, even though Hulk put a spotlight on him, I'm sure years of fanboys pushing him to flex and stuff and Hulk out leave him frustrated at times and I can't blame him for that. Plus some fans don't show respect and treat these guys like they owe them something, respect goes both ways, give a little get a little.

This is one of the coolest things EVER. I've been wishing for a long time that someone would do Ferrigno Hulk products. Too bad it's only with Lou and no rights to do anything Bixby/Banner, but still great news. Lou will always be Hulk for me, and I have to have at least one piece to represent him in my collection.

And I'm sure that statue above is roughing in a pose, but the body isn't Ferrigno, those arms are more comic Hulk. I do hope they go with Lou's better makeup/wig looks and not some of the early, over-neanderthal ones.

I don't know man, the dude was pretty big

images

images

images

Yeesh.

There was some shady business there for sure.

Bummer this won't be the sculpt used, cause its perfect.

Wow. That KingofHobbies sounds like a king of hacks. He used pics of the sculpt without the guys permission to get his foot in the door with Lou and Syco. Now KingofHobbies will be doing a Ferrigno Hulk which will be "totally different" i.e. suck.

Oh well, at least the artist is still working on it. I'm gonna keep track of this all the way to completion!

I think Chris deserves a lot of credit for staying true himself and not giving up to the mighty dollar. R-E-S-P-E-C-T

I don't know man, the dude was pretty big

images

images

images

Yep, dude was huge back then.

1299508f.jpg

I know he was huge, and I'm not saying that statue is way off, but stuff like the forearms, hands and lower legs look more comic-Hulk like than Lou, it looks like an exaggerated human form where Lou is just a jacked human.

This statue has been cancelled.

It turns out that Syco only had the licence for Lou's likeness and not the Hulk's which belongs to Marvel.

What goes around really does come around.

Back