Action Figure Lou Ferrigno as The Incredible Hulk - 4" tall figure * NOW COMPLETED*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's Superman painted.

20201015_183652-1.jpg

Thanks. Yes, I will show the painted figure when it's completed. Takes about 20 minutes to clean-up the support marks that are all located on the back of the figures. No clean-up required on the front.
These are both SLA resin printed at 50 microns layer thickness with an Anycubic printer. Here's an image showing the figures as they are set up for prining. Leaning backwards to avoid the need for any supports under the chin / nose etc.

View attachment 498823

Ah interesting, I had heard of resin printing but not really familiar with what it was capable of. Impressive!

I know I sounded harsh in my first post, and I didn't mean to. I knew it would change and get better. That being said, the Hulk looks great. I really like the Superman. Unfortunately, (in my opinion) the unpainted looks better in the face than the painted version. I can see Christopher Reeve in it. Once painted though, it loses some definition. I know it's hard to keep a likeness at this scale. Otherwise, I think your work is great. I have no idea what something like this costs, (I know it's not the original $5.00) but if Superman improves and the cost isn't too bad, I'd like one for my mom. On another topic, I, for one, would like to see your Spider-Man. I always thought the Spider-Man from The Electric Company looked better than what Hammond was given to work with. I just saw him in Once Upon A Time in Hollywood. He's so old I almost didn't recognize him. Time marches on. Keep up the good work.

Thanks. There won't be any changes to Superman because it's already an excellent model. Please remember these are supposed to resemble action figures from the 70s and 80's so it's not going to be a NECA highly detailed sculpt and realistic paintjob. I agree that the unpainted figures look better - that is always going to be the way because you're seeing the sculpt in its purest form. The likeness can be completely lost by a paintjob and unfortunately at this tiny size of the figure, it's not an easy thing to paint.

QUOTE=wamphyri13;10388150]I know I sounded harsh in my first post, and I didn't mean to. I knew it would change and get better. That being said, the Hulk looks great. I really like the Superman. Unfortunately, (in my opinion) the unpainted looks better in the face than the painted version. I can see Christopher Reeve in it. Once painted though, it loses some definition. I know it's hard to keep a likeness at this scale. Otherwise, I think your work is great. I have no idea what something like this costs, (I know it's not the original $5.00) but if Superman improves and the cost isn't too bad, I'd like one for my mom. On another topic, I, for one, would like to see your Spider-Man. I always thought the Spider-Man from The Electric Company looked better than what Hammond was given to work with. I just saw him in Once Upon A Time in Hollywood. He's so old I almost didn't recognize him. Time marches on. Keep up the good work.[/QUOTE]

That finished superman is brilliant, love the packaging but the sculpting is spot-on. If I had seen this in a shop as kid it would have blown my mind haha. Great job. Hulk is turning out really really well too, you have some serious talent on the sculpting front. I am interested to see more.

If I had seen this in a shop as kid it would have blown my mind.

...and that my friend is EXACTLY what I was going for!
As a kid, these are what I REALLY wanted to see being put on the shelves next to the Palitoy / Kenner Star Wars figures. It would have been epic for sure. 40 years later, I decided to try and make that feel like a reality.

Here are some 9 inches tall prints of my Hulk and Superman figures.

20201122_131215-1.jpg

Wow! Man this looks pretty awesome. Hulk is one of my favorite characters.

I have to say that your work on the Supes packaging is fantastic. The rounded corners and punch on the cardback take it over the edge! Looking forward to Hulk.

I think these look great, although it's a bit hard to be excited about something I can't afford... :lol (Artistically speaking they really are quite good, though - better than anything we'd actually get at retail, really.)

Hello, CKing!
I recently purchased this figure and card (unpainted) from a seller on Etsy.
Are you still making this custom figure? If so, are you still creating the 9" version? I'm incredibly interested in purchasing one.

Back