LOTR Sneak Peak

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:gandalf:gandalf:gandalf:gandalf:gandalf

Now that I look at it, there's a gap between hair and his shoulder.
Looks like it's Gandalf the Gray PF in Mines of Moria with the light up stone on his staff.

Now that I look at it, there's a gap between hair and his shoulder.
Looks like it's Gandalf the Gray PF in Mines of Moria with the light up stone on his staff.

Yes. Though a little too early to double-dip in the PF line, this is one PF that I've been asking for.

Gandalf the White revealing his new form to Saruman (via Wormtongue) at Edoras. Companion piece to go with the Dark Counsel dio :naughty

Hmm, Sculpted clothes, GTG (judging from Beard & Staff) with no hat, and not an 'action' pose:

I'm thinking and/or hoping that this is the first piece in a multi-part Council of Elrond Dio or at least The Fellowship!

His mouth isn't open.. so I'm not sure about the YSNP part.

I will take a dio of this.

Whatever it is, it's definitely a dio. And it's his fellowship staff so it's not a "vs the ML" dio. Nor is it a another "vs the Balrog" dio. During the bridge scene Gandalf was holding his staff in his left hand and his sword in his right.

Last edited:
Lord of the Rings Sneak Peek…
Friday, October 30th, 2009 at 4:44 am

Here’s a collector question from a recent ‘Ask Sideshow’ submission: It is fantastic to see Sideshow’s new openness and transparency with regard to both your willingness to respond to our questions in the “Ask Sideshow’ segment, as well as the ever increasing amount of “in progress” updates and photo’s you provide. This was most evident on the Saturday night of this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, when you not only provoided updates on new licenses, but you also provided many sneak peeks of future projects in existing licenses such as Marvel, Stars Wars and Indiana Jones. So what was missing? Only the winner of your latest poll : “What new products would you like to see revealed during Comic-Con?” Not only did LOTR narrowly beat out Stars Wars for 1st place in this poll, it destroyed the 3rd place finisher, Marvel. Yet is spite of this surprising [I’m sure for both Sideshow and LOTR collectors alike] result, LOTR fans were treated to exactly ZERO new sneak peeks during SDCC. So please Sideshow, how about throwing LOTR fans a bone here? We too would love to see some sneak peeks of what is to come, and in light of the latest poll results one might argue we deserve it!

You asked for it; you shall receive! We won’t tell you exactly what this is, but we’re sure that you’ll guess! And we will be doing more sneaks for the LOTR line development down the line. Frodo lives!

Good grief! I was concentrating so much on the teaser pic. I didn't notice that SS used my question on their sneak peek page! :D

Maybe it's GTG as he tries to open the doors of Durin :joy But i too really hope it's 'You Shall Not Pass'.
The sculpt looks good, depending on what the scene is and what else is there, it might be my first dio purchase after saying no to the last 3!

Gandalf the Grey night light, clearly. :angelsmil

I wouldn't rule out the PF just yet, there are a few PFs that have some amount of sculpted clothing under the real cloth; probably to add some texture and dimension.

..I wouldn't rule out the PF just yet, there are a few PFs that have some amount of sculpted clothing under the real cloth; probably to add some texture and dimension.

If that's the case, hopefully it works out better than the Moria Orc.

Its also probably just my perception playing tricks on me but it looks like his expression is somewhat calm. I would think if it was a "you shall not pass dio" and open mouth would be necessary.

I wouldn't rule out the PF just yet, there are a few PFs that have some amount of sculpted clothing under the real cloth; probably to add some texture and dimension.

+1

I'm holding out hope that this is the Gandalf the Grey PF. The only part of clothing that is definitely showing as sculpted in that preview is the part around his forearms. This doesn't mean it isn't a PF....as the Legolas PF (and the Leonidas) has sculpted gauntlets. It could just be sculpted rags wrapped around his wrists....which would then have his cloth robe laid over top of it.

Last edited:
Back