LOTR Sneak Peak

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely...totally agree!! Can't wait for more IMAGERY!! Anyone know how long it was from the Darth Talon Tease to today's preorder???

About 3 month's, same as with the KOTD dio. That would put the Gandalf PF right in line with ToyFair......

I agree with you that LOTR collectors are more refined. :lol

Exclusive or non-exclusive, doesn't really matter to me. The light up staff is a must for this piece. The only question is whether this will be the next LOTR PF shipping after Legolas, or if Sideshow will announce another one (Black and White Friday maybe?) for order to bridge Legolas and Gandalf the Grey. With SS's comments regarding the confirmed Ringwraith PF, I'm not sure that the Ringwraith will be ready for PO any time soon.

I have read that SS does not have the rights to a light up feature for their LOTR licences, that those rights were given to GG. I can't verify this, but in light of the fact SS did sell a light up Balrog LSB for one of their Diane Kamahele auction's one has to wonder. Sounds like a question for "Ask Sideshow" :naughty

Last edited:
Hoping it's a PF but it needs the light up staff feature to take it to the next level. Why go half-way unless Woodsy is right about the licensing. Too bad if true. Hopefully there's a way of customizing it in, if so.

Hoping it's a PF but it needs the light up staff feature to take it to the next level. Why go half-way unless Woodsy is right about the licensing. Too bad if true. Hopefully there's a way of customizing it in, if so.

I've submitted the question to SS, hopefully we'll get an answer from them on this. If a light-up staff is not a possibility they could always go the route of the excl. Indy PF [let's hope not! :rolleyes:], or a change of hands, one with sword, the other without. Of course, there may not be an excl. at all, but since that would result in significantly less Gandalf's ordered directly from SS [which equals significantly less profit for SS] I cannot see this as being an option.

I have to disagree. Art doesn't normally take batteries.

I have to disagree. Art doesn't normally take batteries.

I have to disagree. Art, like beauty...is in the eye of the beholder.

You don't use those kind of cliche's on girls in bars do you? :whip:emperor j/k

:lol No, I don't go to bars, and even if I did I don't think my wife would like me using lines like that on other women......:naughty

Been gone a couple days so I figured I would just reinstate the fact that...

I WANT THIS TO BE A GTG PF!

Been gone a couple days so I figured I would just reinstate the fact that...

I WANT THIS TO BE A GTG PF!

I think it's a slam dunk at this point, the only question left is when. I'm still leaning towards ToyFair 2010.

This sneak peek was a pleasant surprise, and a lot of the discussion seems to be spot on pointing towards this being a PF. IF the exclusive is a light-up staff, the penny-pincher in me will lose out, and I'll have to splurge and order directly from Sideshow. The sculpt looks great, and I can't wait to see more!

For the record, I prefer non-light up features. I don't have an outlet where my PFs are displayed. :monkey5

And before you say it could have a battery compartment, it's too much work for me to press a button. I prefer it to be automatically or remotely controlled with home automation. :lecture

Plus the light up shirt on the Moria Orc isn't too popular. :monkey3 :lol

For the record, I prefer non-light up features. I don't have an outlet where my PFs are displayed. :monkey5

And before you say it could have a battery compartment, it's too much work for me to press a button. I prefer it to be automatically or remotely controlled with home automation. :lecture

Plus the light up shirt on the Moria Orc isn't too popular. :monkey3 :lol

No doubt Frank, there is alot of manual labour involved......:lecture And I'm not even gonna touch that Santa Orc comment.........:lol

Last edited:
Wow! If there is a light-up staff I might just have to get him. I said having Gandalf the White would be enough, but not if this is true!

Back