LOTR Sneak Peak

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a matter of fact...after looking more at the preview...I'm betting it is in fact a PF. The gap between the hair and body...to allow for the clothing. The way the sculpted clothing part is only the rags wrapping around his forearms....and not the actual robe hanging.

You know, you guys could be on to something here. There is definitely a gap there which would nicely accommodate for the additon of clothing. If so, it would have to be a Mines of Moria scene....and wouldn't a light up staff be a fantastic excl.? :monkey5

I'm on board with thinking this is a GTG PF...staff says definitely GTG, Gap between shoulder and hair says PF all the way. Now...how many scenes in FOTR had Gandalf WITHOUT his hat on? On the bridge of KD, Opening the doors or Durin? Inside Balin's Tomb? At Elrond's Council?

If this is definitely a PF, Council of Elrond would be a crappy PF version. Perhaps a Doors of Durin with LIGHT-UP DOORS!!! Now that would be too cool!! Only problem with that is the Doors would have to be against a wall or something and you would only see the BACK of Gandalf if displaying.

I am stumped about which scene it could be...

I'll go with the West Gate of Moria :

fotr0994.jpg

or the Mines of Moria :

1-39065.jpg
102909tease01.jpg

The absence of the hat in the sneak peek is completely understandable as it would be made from fabric.

:lol Collin you did it AGAIN!! Just when I am about to say or do something you get there and do it first!! Just as well I still can't work out the damn photo upload on this thing!! :lol I think you are bang on with the poses there and this IS a PF for sure.........:D

Would the hat be made of fabric...that I wonder...no other PF has anything really removable...perhaps the hat will be the EXCLUSIVE! HA!

1 of 3 scenes indeed. West gate of Moria, Mines of Moria (but would have to have HAT), Council of Elrond. In most BATTLE scenes, Gandalf has his staff in his LEFT hand (i.e. vs Saruman and vs Balrog and in the Battle of Balin's Tomb) If the image is flipped, perhaps the YSNP comes back into play.

PDVD_047.jpg

IMAGE FLIPPED
moria12.jpg

IMAGE FLIPPED

I am guessing it will be THIS ONE:
Gandalf_rings_moria-thumb-550x307-21399.jpg

Last edited:
Would the hat be made of fabric...that I wonder...no other PF has anything really removable...perhaps the hat will be the EXCLUSIVE! HA!

Not sure if Gandalf's hat would be made of fabric or not....but there are other PFs....namely the Freddy and Jason PFs...that come with removeable headgear.

1 of 3 scenes indeed. West gate of Moria, Mines of Moria (but would have to have HAT), Council of Elrond. In most BATTLE scenes, Gandalf has his staff in his LEFT hand (i.e. vs Saruman and vs Balrog and in the Battle of Balin's Tomb) If the image is flipped, perhaps the YSNP comes back into play.

PDVD_047.jpg

IMAGE FLIPPED
moria12.jpg

IMAGE FLIPPED

I am guessing it will be THIS ONE:
Gandalf_rings_moria-thumb-550x307-21399.jpg

I would eliminate the council scene as a possibility and a Mines of Moria scene would not necessarily have to include his hat, though I think alot of people would be pretty upset if it wasn't included.

fotr1106.jpg

As for separate fabric hats, I do recall the UM 1:1 Nosferatu bust included a fabric hat as the excl. I will still hold out hope that if there is an excl. it will be a light up staff! :monkey5

:lol Collin you did it AGAIN!! Just when I am about to say or do something you get there and do it first!! Just as well I still can't work out the damn photo upload on this thing!! :lol I think you are bang on with the poses there and this IS a PF for sure.........:D

:lol Like I've said before Alan, great minds think alike. :naughty

As a matter of fact...after looking more at the preview...I'm betting it is in fact a PF. The gap between the hair and body...to allow for the clothing. The way the sculpted clothing part is only the rags wrapping around his forearms....and not the actual robe hanging.

Exactly. Too much of a gap there that would be filled nicely by a fabric tunic and cloak.

You know, you guys could be on to something here. There is definitely a gap there which would nicely accommodate for the additon of clothing. If so, it would have to be a Mines of Moria scene....and wouldn't a light up staff be a fantastic excl.? :monkey5

This (along with Boromir in Gondorian armor) is my most requested PF. I've always argued that why should the Star Wars PFs be the only ones that have light-up features.

I'm on board with thinking this is a GTG PF...staff says definitely GTG, Gap between shoulder and hair says PF all the way. Now...how many scenes in FOTR had Gandalf WITHOUT his hat on? On the bridge of KD, Opening the doors or Durin? Inside Balin's Tomb? At Elrond's Council?

If this is definitely a PF, Council of Elrond would be a crappy PF version. Perhaps a Doors of Durin with LIGHT-UP DOORS!!! Now that would be too cool!! Only problem with that is the Doors would have to be against a wall or something and you would only see the BACK of Gandalf if displaying.

I am stumped about which scene it could be...

I'll go with the West Gate of Moria :

fotr0994.jpg

or the Mines of Moria :

1-39065.jpg
102909tease01.jpg

The absence of the hat in the sneak peek is completely understandable as it would be made from fabric.

Yep, removeable hat. What would the exclusive on this piece be, if there was one?

And I say PF because if you look closely, there's too much space between hair and sholder (To be filled with the fabrics)

102909tease01.jpg

I can't wait to see more

Edit: OK I see someone mentioned about it :rock

Back