LOTR Extended Edition Blu-Ray Preorder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the link. just printed it out and asking the wife to go...with this discount, i dont mind the repeat dvds on this set. woohoo... thanks again!

No prob! Yeah, for this kind of deal it's hard to pass up!

Good luck, and hope you get it!
Oh, and make sure you print out a coupon for your wife, too!

Got both Star Wars Saga and LOTR on Blu-ray with the Barnes and Noble 50% off coupons...works on Pre-Orders!!

LOTR Extended Blu-Ray: $41
Star Wars Saga Blu-Ray: $39

Great deals on both! Coupons are good through TOMORROW, April 3rd.

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

Damm it, and I was just near a B&N earlier today. :slap

Thought it was good for online orders also.

Got both Star Wars Saga and LOTR on Blu-ray with the Barnes and Noble 50% off coupons...works on Pre-Orders!!

Is this for real?!? With this coupon, you can get both of these righteous sets for the price of one! I'm in!!! :rock

No prob! Yeah, for this kind of deal it's hard to pass up!

Good luck, and hope you get it!
Oh, and make sure you print out a coupon for your wife, too!

hope so too... fingers and eyes crossed. printed out three for her...one for lotr, another for star wars and last for the calvin and hobbes book! i hope she can get it in that order of priority.

Gave it a try on the 3rd, but here at the local Barnes & Noble they wouldn't accept it for pre-orders. :gah: Too bad, I think I'll wait until later in the year after the release when the price will inevitably come down.

Thanks for the heads-up though!

Gave it a try on the 3rd, but here at the local Barnes & Noble they wouldn't accept it for pre-orders. :gah: Too bad, I think I'll wait until later in the year after the release when the price will inevitably come down.

Thanks for the heads-up though!

No prob. Sorry it didn't work out for you. :(

Sounds like you weren't alone.
Several people from CA were posting on sd about issues on pre-orders, as well as receiving incorrect %'s off (15 instead of 50).

it seems like it depends on customer service and whether you tell them about the coupon ahead of time. my definitely better half tried to preorder the blurays and succeeded without any hassles and was able to use the coupons to pay but when a friend from new york tried a store there, they said they couldnt do any preorders for anything online- they gave several reasons: delayed release dates, 'not the responsibility of our money being held for so long' and they just stopped doing it. she also mentioned about the coupons when she was talking to customer service.

however thanks to you we were lucky enough to get the blu-rays of LOTR and SW and a third item- Calvin and Hobbes!

it seems like it depends on customer service and whether you tell them about the coupon ahead of time. my definitely better half tried to preorder the blurays and succeeded without any hassles and was able to use the coupons to pay but when a friend from new york tried a store there, they said they couldnt do any preorders for anything online- they gave several reasons: delayed release dates, 'not the responsibility of our money being held for so long' and they just stopped doing it. she also mentioned about the coupons when she was talking to customer service.

however thanks to you we were lucky enough to get the blu-rays of LOTR and SW and a third item- Calvin and Hobbes!

:lol I had my better half order mine as well!

I had her follow the directions that were given on slickdeals and not mention a coupon until checkout. Like you said, though, it all depends on the person taking your money and the manager on duty. Also, I think it was that our stores were not getting a lot of 50% off coupons.

That Calvin and Hobbes was a popular one! I ALMOST got the SW Encyclopedia set, but passed. Ended up with SW, LOTR and Tron blu sets and a couple of books. I only wish I would have bought more stuff. I doubt they'll do this again, but who knows.

I was just passing the deal along. The real thanks should be for the person who posted the deal on slickdeals. That was very cool of them to share!!!

Worked great for me here in Phoenix. Got the 50% and I mentioned the coupon at customer service while getting my pre-order going. Sorry to those that missed out on this deal. T'was a good'un! Thanks, gibby! :rock

Worked great for me here in Phoenix. Got the 50% and I mentioned the coupon at customer service while getting my pre-order going. Sorry to those that missed out on this deal. T'was a good'un! Thanks, gibby! :rock

Very cool, and no prob! :hi5:

Back