LOTR Extended Edition Blu-Ray Preorder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the lighting of the beacons is cool as well.

the scene where gandalf is talking to pippin about how this isn't the end, etc is a pretty powerful scene.

YES...the scene where Gandalf tells Pippin it doesnt end like this is a VERY powerful scene..forgot about that one.It pulls at your heart as you would like to think in real life that that is what happens.

Shore's music adds a lot of power to these scenes we speak of,this much i know.

Shore's music adds a lot of power to these scenes we speak of,this much i know.

:clap

I love a lot of scores from a lot of composers, but what Shore did for these three films is the best of the best. The book that came out last fall analyzing the score convinced me more than ever what an incredible accomplishment Shore achieved with his work on LOTR.

So glad he'll be back for two more!

I saw this round the shops and was gonna pick it up, however one of the reasons i hardly ever watch LOTR is the disc swap on my current extended dvds, to me 100% of the time when the disc end thats the end of the film and i cant shake that mentality for one film series, i'll watch the first half and say tomorrow i'll watch the rest and wont get around to it.

Since that is still present in the blu, i might just go for the theatrical blu as its only £15 now compared to the £44 of the EE.

That's the worst excuse i've ever heard for not watching the extended versions! :lol

Just watch one dvd at a time then and spread it out a bit longer. PJ even says in the commentaries that he hopes people don't watch them in one go!

Why would you want to miss out on the EE's and settle for the theatricals just because you don't like changing a disc over? :dunno

It reminds me of my father when he passed. I was with him when he died and he had been sick for so long, and after he passed, he looked so peaceful.

Sorry to hear about your dad Ween.:monkey2 :1-1: I went through something similar but regret i wasn't there at the end although i did get to say my goodbyes earlier.

I love a lot of scores from a lot of composers, but what Shore did for these three films is the best of the best. The book that came out last fall analyzing the score convinced me more than ever what an incredible accomplishment Shore achieved with his work on LOTR.

So glad he'll be back for two more!

Have you seen this Tom.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NONDCA_dmHA"]‪Howard Shore A Composer's Dream‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

All the scenes mentioned are what make LOTR such a journey of emotion and the classsics they have become. It seems to be a rare thing these days to see a film where you care about the characters anywhere as much as in the Rings.:cool:

I'd like to continue on from Boromirs death with Frodo thinking back to Gandalf's wise words. Elrond telling Arwen what her future holds if she chooses her love Aragorn. Also those short little guys looking quite tall when everyone bestows upon them the honour of a well earned bow.

Man there are just so many. Looking forward to the Hobbitt having a few.:yess:

Last edited:
The hardest scene for me is the scene with Frodo boarding the ship, but he looks so tired and drawn before, and then when he turns to smile, he is his old self again. It's hard to watch the other Hobbits cry though. I always get chocked up.

It reminds me of my father when he passed. I was with him when he died and he had been sick for so long, and after he passed, he looked so peaceful.

Another hard scene is when Boromir dies. :(
I think thats another thing about these beautiful films that are a lot like personal journeys, there's something that pretty much everyone can relate to and makes the personal memories flood and that set the waterworks off, with me it does anyway. See my Sig. As breathtaking and emotional as these films are anyway, they will always make an extra impact in many scenes for that reason, imo.
I didn't really mind when Boromir died though, but that's just me :monkey3.

Sorry about your dad ween, it sounds like that was a very difficult thing to go through :1-1:
x :wave

Have you seen this Tom.

‪Howard Shore A Composer's Dream‬‏ - YouTube

All the scenes mentioned are what make LOTR such a journey of emotion and the classsics they have become. It seems to be a rare thing these days to see a film where you care about the characters anywhere as much as in the Rings.:cool:

I'd like to continue on from Boromirs death with Frodo thinking back to Gandalf's wise words. Elrond telling Arwen what her future holds if she chooses her love Aragorn. Also those short little guys looking quite tall when everyone bestows upon them the honour of a well earned bow.

Man there are just so many. Looking forward to the Hobbitt having a few.
Damn, thats cool. Thanks for posting Red :clap :rock :wave
HS is a god, I love his scores.
x :peace

Last edited:
2 of my favorite scenes in the Two Towers is when the beacons are lit - the music that plays and the imagery is so powerful - it makes me teary and gives me goosebumps every time. I usually end up rewinding and watching it about half a dozen times before I continue on.

The second is near the end....when Frodo is facing the Ringwraith on the Fell Beast and his holding up the ring...and then Sam runs up and pushes him down. And then he gives this speech:

Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.
Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.

I love that scene.

2 of my favorite scenes in the Two Towers is when the beacons are lit - the music that plays and the imagery is so powerful - it makes me teary and gives me goosebumps every time. I usually end up rewinding and watching it about half a dozen times before I continue on...

That's scene is actually in RotK but I get what you're saying. I have some tiki torches in the back yard and I always say the line when I light them. :cuckoo: :rotfl

Back