LOTR Extended Edition Blu-Ray Preorder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
e021d41f.jpg

Back in the days my DVD player was a carousel so I could switch to the next DVD with the press of a button. Alas, no BluRay players come in carousel types . . .

Who would've predicted that the new BluRay EEs are also a calorie burner!

I still remember when I went from VHS to laserdisc. I hated that laserdiscs only had up to an hour on each side. The CAV discs only had 30 minutes. :horror

Sure was a nice upgrade when I finally got a player that was capable of playing both sides without having to flip it. :lol

To add...Sony does make a very nice blu-ray mega-changer. It's a beast, but if you have the room and the money I highly recommend it -

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDP-CX960-Blu-ray-MegaChanger-Black/dp/B002M78J70/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310048516&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Sony BDP-CX960 400 Disc Blu-ray Disc / DVD MegaChanger (Black): Electronics[/ame]

I saw this round the shops and was gonna pick it up, however one of the reasons i hardly ever watch LOTR is the disc swap on my current extended dvds, to me 100% of the time when the disc end thats the end of the film and i cant shake that mentality for one film series, i'll watch the first half and say tomorrow i'll watch the rest and wont get around to it.

Since that is still present in the blu, i might just go for the theatrical blu as its only £15 now compared to the £44 of the EE.

I know they used to have 5 disc DVD changers, never looked for one for blu. Maybe that would help you out.

Watching FOTR EE right now. Looks even better than it did on the big screen I think. Just got past the second breakfast scene and the snow looked as white as white can be.
Of course! I totally agree. I had no worries.
Watched FOTR EE blu last night. looked absolutely stunning on my LED set. Im in love.
Big ol ditto. Returned a few days ago from a tour in Yellowstone and watched it. It's superb!!! :rock

JUst alittle question here, are the extras on this bluray set new ones or are this behind the scenes stuff we already saw on the extended versions?

Back